Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Boywer said two for each position so that leaves us needing

GK
    Left sided CH

At least one striker

Another No.10

Three midfielders depending on if Lapslie and Morgan stay or go out on loan
    Nit picking but Pearce and Sarr are our left sided CBs. Lockyer is a direct replacement for Bauer on the right side and we need a Bielik replacement who can cover and potentially also play further forward as Krystian ended up doing for the majority of last season.

My expectations are roughly the same as yours, otherwise.
  • edited July 2019
    Phillips +1

Dijksteel, Solly
    Lockyer +1 (Bielik)
    Sarr, Pearce
    Purrington, Page

Pratley, Lapslie +2 (Bielik, Cullen)
    Forster-Caskey, Morgan +2 (Williams, Aneke?)

Taylor, Aneke, Bonne +1

(Players that could fill those positions that are already here / still hoping they return)

Anything from 5 to 7 is what I’m expecting, loans included. Four or less and we are seriously short.

• Henry is doing his 'Naby Sarr is shit and doesn't count' troll thing and I'm definitely not rising to it 
  • edited July 2019
    Jordan Archer? Freebie.
    although he will prob want to be number one, so maybe not
  • I thought Bowyer said 2/3 perm and 4 loans.

• Surely Amos would be the goalie to take from Millwall/Bolton.
  • edited July 2019
    Archer is guff.
    Wanted us to sign Baldock when we were interested him at West Ham. 
    Could be an experienced Gary Nelson type for a season or two.
    Totally trust whoever Gallen and Bowyer sign though. 
  • _nam11 said:
    Jordan Archer? Freebie.
    although he will prob want to be number one, so maybe not
    Nooo always seems to make a howler.
  • Sponsored links:

• A lot of Russians out here but the regular 5.30pm 8/9 a side football match, played in intense 35 degree heat has unearthed some real talent. Playing as a nr.10, i've been supplying the bullets for Yergi, a big russian who literally does not miss. Our backline is marshalled by a Baressi type character who must be 60 and with his 2 east european type defenders, again, around 50, they are a formidable unit.  My youngest is adding a bit of box to box and we have a croatian powerhouse who just plays wherever. Against us are a team of 'amusement arcades', mainly made up from the 'animation team' - super fit, run all day, tricks and flicks left right and centre but they just can't beat us. 4-4 today and they had an extra man. They have a team of williams / otzumers / fosu's  - undeniable skill and ability but football really is about a blend. 8 or 9 bielik, cullens, taylors and purringtons and a couple of tricksters is all you need. It's so much about the manager to get that right - the fact Leicester won the premier league tells us it ain't all about wages / budget - flukes can happen and we could just pull one off next year - a couple of rejuvenated talents, a couple of great prem loans and who knows what could happen. Bowyer clearly believes. COYR!!!!

• Jordan Archer ? Would rather have Jeffery Archer .
  • Blimey 
  • Jordan Archer ? Would rather have Jeffery Archer .
    Maybe Jeffrey Archer could double up as the new ‘Club Journalist and Programme Editor’, although Roland might have to ease the £20-£22K salary up slightly
  • DOUCHER said:
    A lot of Russians out here but the regular 5.30pm 8/9 a side football match, played in intense 35 degree heat has unearthed some real talent. Playing as a nr.10, i've been supplying the bullets for Yergi, a big russian who literally does not miss. Our backline is marshalled by a Baressi type character who must be 60 and with his 2 east european type defenders, again, around 50, they are a formidable unit.  My youngest is adding a bit of box to box and we have a croatian powerhouse who just plays wherever. Against us are a team of 'amusement arcades', mainly made up from the 'animation team' - super fit, run all day, tricks and flicks left right and centre but they just can't beat us. 4-4 today and they had an extra man. They have a team of williams / otzumers / fosu's  - undeniable skill and ability but football really is about a blend. 8 or 9 bielik, cullens, taylors and purringtons and a couple of tricksters is all you need. It's so much about the manager to get that right - the fact Leicester won the premier league tells us it ain't all about wages / budget - flukes can happen and we could just pull one off next year - a couple of rejuvenated talents, a couple of great prem loans and who knows what could happen. Bowyer clearly believes. COYR!!!!

Someone’s been on the sauce on holiday!
  • Don't get the Archer hate. Was 1st choice keeper when they got promoted AND when they finished 8th in the Championship the following season when they had an excellent defensive record. Wasn't so good last season, but to me he has pretty good credentials for someone to challenge Dillon and on sensible wages
  • Expect 5-7, think we need 9.
  • edited July 2019
    Here's a rumour, not being funny but if that was true and some cocky footballer who hasn't even made it yet mugged us off like that I would have been tempted to two foot him 

Scratch Nketiah off the list 

Edit: I know he obviously may not have said that but I am speaking hypothetically 
  • Has Robinson signed Ben Reeves yet since he likes our ex players?
  • Here's a rumour, not being funny but if that was true and some cocky footballer who hasn't even made it yet mugged us off like that I would have been tempted to two foot him 

Edit: I know he obviously may not have said that but I am speaking hypothetically 
    Cawley said last week that Bristol city were prepared to pay a big loan fee for Nketiah and that there was also interest in him from the Bundesliga. 

We have absolutely no chance of getting him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Here's a rumour, not being funny but if that was true and some cocky footballer who hasn't even made it yet mugged us off like that I would have been tempted to two foot him 

How is saying 'nah man' mugging anyone off ? 
    Hold the door for me for a sec could ya mate? 'nah man'

Hold my drink for a second while I tie my shoe? ' nah man' 

Whatever way you have said those two words it's disrespectful. Something like 'hopefully I can break into the Arsenal team no disrespect' would be a bit more respectable if the story is true. Each to their own but if someone responded to me that smug I wouldn't have anything to do with them 
  • Scoham said:
    If QPR are going for Reeves, who was released by us, (and I'm not another Reeves hater) then they've got no chance of getting Cullen!
  • edited July 2019

Jordan Archer was offered too us but we've got other Goalkeeper options that we're looking at - Not happening!!
  • Out of all the positions we need to fill i'd say GK is the least important, just chuck Maynard-Brewer on the bench and get a loan in late in the window. Midfield is the real problem at the moment
  • edited July 2019
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

How is saying 'nah man' mugging anyone off ? 
    Hold the door for me for a sec could ya mate? 'nah man'

Hold my drink for a second while I tie my shoe? ' nah man' 

Whatever way you have said those two words it's disrespectful. Something like 'hopefully I can break into the Arsenal team no disrespect' would be a bit more respectable if the story is true. Each to their own but if someone responded to me that smug I wouldn't have anything to do with them 
    Think you need to chill out a bit. Dudes there to enjoy himself, not have a monologue with a stranger.
    What do you mean by chill out? I'm not sitting here raging, it's just my view if someone was that disrespectful to me I just wouldn't bother. 

I am just saying if the story was true and Nketiah had that smug disregard for my club I wouldn't want him playing for it. My opinion, perfectly chilled out

Probably worth adding as well that he then took a picture so it's not like he was in a rush