Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Talk about over reaction to something poorly worded.

What a performance that was.
    Totally agree with you. 
  • A few days of hot weather and every thread is an argument.  Rumours please.
  • edited July 2019
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:
    Naby “I’m not Santa, I can’t give you a gift everyday, maybe soon”

Naby confirms we’ll make a signing today then 😉
    What a lovely man, how can anyone not like him?
    Yet just 12 months ago people wanted his head on a stick

His little cameos on camera are the sort of thing I love about this club.  The comms team are mucking around with the players and everyone seems to be on the same page.

Contrast this with 2 years ago.  I was fortunate enough to go on the pre season tour to Dublin.  Flew with the team, travelled with the team to and from the hotel, stayed at the same place, ate with them.  It was surprising to see such a divide in the team even then.  At dinner it was british on one table, blacks all gathered on the next table and then foreigners on another.  I understand there would be cliques but they were so....cliched.  Nowadays they all seem to get on, all seem to enjoy each other's company and as we saw at the end of the season with the singing in the changing rooms - they are a much tighter bunch.  That's why the players coming in have to fit in with that and that's the perfect was for a team to be greater than the sum of it's parts.
    British or white British all together?
    Christ on a bike it was just clumsy wording - don't be looking for trouble.  I was trying to type whilst at work, between meetings,  so don't have time to get the dictionary out and then double check for sexism, racism, gender assumption etc just in case I offend someone in this fucking world of people looking for offence in everything.

It seems everyone else got where I was coming from. 

Is this the bit where I am supposed to say something like "Anyway I can't be called racist because I once had a black friend?

In fairness, I think AddicksAddict was guilty of some clumsy wording himself. I don't think he was saying you are racist. In fact, I think he was making the point that he doesn't think you're racist, but that your wording was clumsy, which you have stated yourself.

I can see why it came across as a bit strong, though.
  • edited July 2019
    So sre we signing a honky? Bizarre thread tasty rumours only pls.

A friend of a friend who knows Cullen says he wants to 100% try to break into the hammers first team. If thats doesn't happen his preferred destination is us , providing West Ham do not want to cash in which then counts us out.
    25% chance of coming back imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• That’s the best we could hope for thanks for the information Scabbyhorse
  • Talk about over reaction to something poorly worded.

What a performance that was.
    Charlton Life summed up in one page of comments.
  • So basically, we are looking to sign more talented white British players like Naby Sarr. Excellent. 
  • Without the quality of our Three loan players last season: Cullen, was so consistent in midfield, ditto Purrington at LB.
    Bielik wasn't consistent, had a couple of shockers early doors but despite too many injuries for a young player was the class act in the season when played in Midfield.
    IF by some miracle we could get Cullen or Bielik back it would give us a great chance of achieving our goal of staying up.

This transfer window is important but the loan window will decide whether we spend more than 1 season back in the Championship. 
  • Without the quality of our Three loan players last season: Cullen, was so consistent in midfield, ditto Purrington at LB.
    Bielik wasn't consistent, had a couple of shockers early doors but despite too many injuries for a young player was the class act in the season when played in Midfield.
    IF by some miracle we could get Cullen or Bielik back it would give us a great chance of achieving our goal of staying up.

This transfer window is important but the loan window will decide whether we spend more than 1 season back in the Championship. 
    It’s the same window, we have until 8th August to bring in permanent and loan signings.

I think players without a club are only exception, but even they possibly have a deadline of end of August.
  • Next step is to get all the lads out on a night on the sangria and give him a pen and contract to sign after a couple of hours or so
    So did somebody get him to sign a contract ?
  • Scoham said:
    Without the quality of our Three loan players last season: Cullen, was so consistent in midfield, ditto Purrington at LB.

It’s the same window, we have until 8th August to bring in permanent and loan signings.

I think players without a club are only exception, but even they possibly have a deadline of end of August.
    Cheers @Scoham for that as the dates have changed and why it was imperative that Lee and team were signed up sooner than they were.
    Gallen and Bowyer will need to weave their magic. Think Corinthians casuals.
    It's not about the money. Bullshit with a smile and an air freshener should work.

• Scoham said:
    Without the quality of our Three loan players last season: Cullen, was so consistent in midfield, ditto Purrington at LB.

So free agents will not be able to sign for a club between September and the January window? 
  • Scoham said:

Cheers @Scoham for that as the dates have changed and why it was imperative that Lee and team were signed up sooner than they were.
    Gallen and Bowyer will need to weave their magic. Think Corinthians casuals.
    It's not about the money. Bullshit with a smile and an air freshener should work.

I think League 1 and 2 still have loan windows until the end of August, but the Champ is in line with the Prem.

Richard J said:
    Scoham said:

So free agents will not be able to sign for a club between September and the January window? 
    Possibly, I can’t find a definitive answer.
  • I still believe with free agents, so long as they’re a free agent before the close of the respective windows, you will still be able to sign them.

If they’ve changed it so that you can’t sign them beyond the normal window, I think you’ll have a lot of players taking potential legal action as they’re essentially stopping them from working and a possible loss of earnings.
  • Sponsored links:

• So a footballer is out of work but can't start a new job until January. 

Sure the legal profession could look at this as a restraint of trade?
  • Sage said:
    I still believe with free agents, so long as they’re a free agent before the close of the respective windows, you will still be able to sign them.

If they’ve changed it so that you can’t sign them beyond the normal window, I think you’ll have a lot of players taking potential legal action as they’re essentially stopping them from working and a possible loss of earnings.
    Pretty sure free agents can still be signed outside the window. PL clubs have to submit squads to the league, so I imagine it would be unusual for them to sign free agents outside the windows anyway, but not an issue for EFL clubs
  • Apologies if shared already 

We are linked with Baldock 
  • He's still under contract till 2021, they paid a fee of over 3 mill for him and he's still valued in excess of 2 mill. People are saying it would cost a mill. The bloke who has tweeted it has said reliable but I don't see us paying 7 figures for a 30 year old, that's un-Roland 
  • He's pony sadly.
  • Powell wanted Baldock in the summer of 2012.
  • Apologies if shared already 

We are linked with Baldock 
    As long as Baldock hasn't turned into Baldrick.

• He's pony sadly.
    Wrong