Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• @soapboxsam where are they based La Cala?
  • Give it a rest.so what we been protesting for then. Why is there so much talk about wanting a take over. We’re like Man City we bought a left back from Rotherham. We all love Roland top bloke doing a good job. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Baby is actually a really nice bloke. Great with kids and always got a smile on his face. He’s a bit of a cult figure but also really popular amongst the squad.

hes having a bit of fun with it really sand I say fair play to him
    Is this an official nickname or just your own personal term of endearment for him?
    Believe it comes from a misprint in the Wembley programme where they called Naby 'Baby'.
  • Give it a rest.so what we been protesting for then. Why is there so much talk about wanting a take over. We’re like Man City we bought a left back from Rotherham. We all love Roland top bloke doing a good job. 

Wrong thread?
  • Swisdom said:
    Baby is actually a really nice bloke. Great with kids and always got a smile on his face. He’s a bit of a cult figure but also really popular amongst the squad.

Is this an official nickname or just your own personal term of endearment for him?

• Sorry east stand loopy swapped it to this thread should have been on Ben Purrington thread.basically been saying it’s a bit embarrassing that we have smaller budget than Rotherham and have to plead to knock bens price down.  
  • addick05 said:
    Swisdom said:

Believe it comes from a misprint in the Wembley programme where they called Naby 'Baby'.
    Nowt to do with that - it was stupid autocorrect!
  • edited July 2019
    Sorry east stand loopy swapped it to this thread should have been on Ben Purrington thread.basically been saying it’s a bit embarrassing that we have smaller budget than Rotherham and have to plead to knock bens price down.  
    Signing a player from Rotherham doesn’t prove our budget is smaller than theirs.
  • Scoham said:
    Sorry east stand loopy swapped it to this thread should have been on Ben Purrington thread.basically been saying it’s a bit embarrassing that we have smaller budget than Rotherham and have to plead to knock bens price down.  
    Signing a player from Rotherham doesn’t prove our budget is smaller than there’s.
    Does it though if we sign a player from Leyton Orient?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rotherham spent half million on Plymouth player. But it’s not my point just think bowyer should be given a decent budget. His best manager since curbs decent budget.think we could push for play offs with last seasons momentum.
    But think we’ll end up fighting relegation and Roland will sack bowyer.
    said before I’d take relegation as long as bowyer stays Then hopefully next owners give him some money.  

• Everyone thinks that Bowyer should get a decent budget... Except Roland. But no-one actually EXPECTS him to get it because... Roland.
  • Back to rumours please
  • Rotherham spent half million on Plymouth player. But it’s not my point just think bowyer should be given a decent budget. 

No they didn't. Rotherham manager said Purrington cost them £300k.

That's nowhere near half a million.

• markmc68 said:
    Back to rumours please

Ex U-23 player Dan Bowry to Cheltenham 
  • I don't think Bows will be looking at wingers.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Rotherham spent half million on Plymouth player. But it’s not my point just think bowyer should be given a decent budget. 

He is on about Ladapo mate, Millers signed Ladapo from Plymouth for 500k
  • Oggy Red said:
    Rotherham spent half million on Plymouth player. But it’s not my point just think bowyer should be given a decent budget. 

He is on about Ladapo mate, Millers signed Ladapo from Plymouth for 500k
    Fair enough. I thought the context was Rotherham signing Purrington.

• Sponsored links:

• I hope not. One of the Millwall fans on here will probably have heard the stories and can provide more substance about his lack of professionalism whilst on loan last season. Should be avoided at all cost.
  • We don’t do wingers, last season under bowyer.

Williams - played centrally
    Ward - played centrally 
    Fosu - couldn’t get a sniff
    Marshall - sat on the bench the whole season
    Parker - played up front 
  • I hope not. One of the Millwall fans on here will probably have heard the stories and can provide more substance about his lack of professionalism whilst on loan last season. Should be avoided at all cost.
    Powell tried to signed him once, when he was on loan at Wednesday iirc. 
  • Talk of Hamer returning on ITTV
  • Valley11 said:
    Talk of Hamer returning on ITTV
    Dont see that happening

He'll surely be first choice at Huddersfield this season
  • Valley11 said:
    Talk of Hamer returning on ITTV
    I can't see it to be honest. Wages would be a problem. (He was playing in the Premier League last season.) And I'm not sure he'd be happy playing second fiddle to Dillon, who has earned the right to be no. 1 for the start of the season.
  • Can’t see how I’m arguing with myself when people keep replying to my points mind you red Henry ain’t got a clue either has he brazilnuts.
    have you got any rumours red Henry I’m a bit worried because bows wanted another 5 signings last Friday and it’s nearly Friday again and we still only signed 4 players 
  • Can’t see how I’m arguing with myself when people keep replying to my points mind you red Henry ain’t got a clue either has he brazilnuts.
    have you got any rumours red Henry I’m a bit worried because bows wanted another 5 signings last Friday and it’s nearly Friday again and we still only signed 4 players 
    So we've potentially missed out on one player?

Again not bad considering our poultry wages
    My brain hurts.