Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Sorry if already posted, but Oztumer is in this return to pre season video so the “he’s already signed” brigade talking out their arses, again

https://twitter.com/officialbwfc/status/1145979675438657536?s=21
    Not that I am defending the people that talk nonsense so they can give it the I told you so, but Ben Purrington was in the photos from training posted on Rotherhams social media 5 days ago, yet signed for us yesterday.

So you never know, fingers crossed 
  • Sorry if already posted, but Oztumer is in this return to pre season video so the “he’s already signed” brigade talking out their arses, again

Not that I am defending the people that talk nonsense so they can give it the I told you so, Ben Purrington was in the photos posted on Rotherhams social media 5 days ago, yet signed for us yesterday.

That’s fair enough mate but it was “done deal waiting to be announced” according to a good few on here last Friday.

I get “it’s close” but not done deal if he’s fully Bolton kitted doing drills with the rest of the team.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Paraphrasing the Gallen interview, which wasn't very long at all. 

On Purrington
    Wanted Purrington in much sooner, but couldn't get it done as quick as hoped. 
    Always looked at a number of players, but Ben was the right fit for the players, manager and for him.
    Rotherham helped us out, but we still made a formal offer.
    He's a consistent performer, a real steady eddie. It all comes easy to the lad and he'll keep improving. 

On other incomings
    It's not time to panic. Despite being in Spain, have phone and laptop at hand. Still looking at other players and trying to make sure we get the right players. Want to make sure we get the best ones that can make the difference for us. It takes time.
    Think the line about Rotherham is a really interesting point.
  • Sorry if already posted, but Oztumer is in this return to pre season video so the “he’s already signed” brigade talking out their arses, again

Not that I am defending the people that talk nonsense so they can give it the I told you so, Ben Purrington was in the photos posted on Rotherhams social media 5 days ago, yet signed for us yesterday.

That’s fair enough mate but it was “done deal waiting to be announced” according to a good few on here last Friday.

I get “it’s close” but not done deal if he’s fully Bolton kitted doing drills with the rest of the team.
    Oh yeah it's tosh, I see too many Charlton fans doing it on social media and I don't get why. If I had to guess the interest is genuine, maybe we did have him lined up but because their takeover is now close it has fallen through? Who knows

• edited July 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Paraphrasing the Gallen interview, which wasn't very long at all. 

On Purrington
    Wanted Purrington in much sooner, but couldn't get it done as quick as hoped. 
    Always looked at a number of players, but Ben was the right fit for the players, manager and for him.
    Rotherham helped us out, but we still made a formal offer.
    He's a consistent performer, a real steady eddie. It all comes easy to the lad and he'll keep improving. 

On other incomings
    It's not time to panic. Despite being in Spain, have phone and laptop at hand. Still looking at other players and trying to make sure we get the right players. Want to make sure we get the best ones that can make the difference for us. It takes time.
    Think the line about Rotherham is a really interesting point.
    Yep, that implies to me that they have lost money on him, they paid 300k? So maybe we have paid half of that or thereabouts
  • Tbf I can’t see Oztumer staying there for long - in that video he looks about as enthusiastic as I did 2 minutes before my colonoscopy 
    Yes it was like a morgue. Light years away from our atmosphere in Malaga, I bet Oztumer is jealous of Jonny Williams!
  • Reminds me of the atmosphere in our dressing room during the last relegation season, headphones in, people sitting on their own, hear a pin drop, you can tell when a team isn't a team anymore 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have Bolton paid their players yet?

If not then it's strange Oztumer is still there.
  • edited July 2019
    Dont clubs have a duty to ex-players (without a club) to let them train with them?

i.e. We had Roger Johnson down Sparrows Lane after he his release and prior to him joining Bromley a few years ago
  • Dont clubs have a duty to ex-players (without a club) to let them train with them?

i.e. We had Roger Johnson down Sparrows Lane after he his release and prior to him joining Bromley a few years ago

I thought that was just where players who were injured at at club and went out of contract.
    More a duty of care of being injured whilst at the club.
  • CAFCDB said:
    I heard Oztumer could be heading to Malaga with the squad, anyone know if this is true? 
    Hardly likely......I think they are back this Friday.
  • edited July 2019
    i heard the bird is the word
  • Dont clubs have a duty to ex-players (without a club) to let them train with them?

They have to pay another months wages but they don't have to let them train etc.

Many clubs will help a player with recuperation from injury out of decency.

In some cases it might even be cheaper than paying out under insurance but I don't know.
  • Surprised he is going lower, would be decent in the championship. Would suit a side like Swansea IMO but also wouldn't say no he has a lot of talent, just not sure he would fit our system as plays mainly out wide, can play no10 (CAM)
  • he'll do for me .. a Welsh Int, mate for Lockyer .. Woody had a few good games for the Blades last season .. will handle the Champ very well .. wages/loan fee will AGAIN be an issue
  • Sponsored links:

• I take it that Tom Eaves is unlikely now the two strikers have signed? Can’t see Uncle Roland wanting to pay four front men when there’s a youth team to be tapped.
  • buckshee said:
    I take it that Tom Eaves is unlikely now the two strikers have signed? Can’t see Uncle Roland wanting to pay four front men when there’s a youth team to be tapped.
    Pretty sure we will sign 1 more striker, a smaller quicker one to play with Taylor. We're not in for Eaves according to Cawley. 
  • buckshee said:
    I take it that Tom Eaves is unlikely now the two strikers have signed? Can’t see Uncle Roland wanting to pay four front men when there’s a youth team to be tapped.
    Or maybe Bowyer doesn't rate him? 

I expect at least 1 striker to come in, if not 2, possibly on loan
  • buckshee said:

Wouldn’t mind Eaves but also wouldn’t be fussed if we didn’t sign him. 
  • buckshee said:
    He’s not signed for anyone yet has he? So it’s possible we’re still after him.

However I don’t think Bowyer wants an out and out target man. He’d prefer a more mobile hold up player like Taylor, or someone like Aneke who can pick a pass. I’m happy with that as it helps us play better football.
  • We will sign a smaller, nippy striker, 2 creative midfielders, a defensive midfielder, a centre back and a keeper. Everyone will complain that we are still a midfielder short and we shouldn't have to rely on Lapslie and Morgan.

Phillips, GK
    Solly, Dijksteel
    Pearce, Sarr, Lockyer, CB
    Purrington, Page
    Pratley, CDM
    JFC, Lapslie
    Morgan
    CAM, CAM
    Bonne, ST
    Taylor, Aneke
  • buckshee said:
    buckshee said:

Wouldn’t mind Eaves but also wouldn’t be fussed if we didn’t sign him. 
    Any interest we had in signing Eaves ended when we signed  Aneke 
  • Even Exeter are too good for the lazy waste of space that he is.
  • I bet he's had to take a Hell of a haircut in wages, too.