Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Lionel Messi has never done it in the championship.

Okay extreme example, my point is if they’re good enough they’re good enough. 
  • Based on our current squad we are absolutely fecked.  Bowyer may be a decent manager but he is not the messiah.  

Lapslie and Morgan should be out on loan for the season getting experience; Pratley should be looking at 5-10 games but being a motivator off the pitch; JFC should be vying with another of equal or better quality for a place given his recent fitness issues.  Yet they are currently our 4 midfielders with less than weeks to go until the window closes.  

It will be an absolute miracle if we are not miles out of it by Christmas at this rate.  The five players I had absolutely no doubt would step up last season were Cullen, Beilik; Aribo, Taylor and Williams- one currently signed up for us.   

We need 7 players in minimum yet I expect 5-6.  Everyone needs to be Championship quality, hit the ground running and immediately fit in with their team mates.  This division is so much harder than League One we have to hit it hard from the start.

the only chance is that Bowyer and Gallen are both superb and pull it out of the hat for us but my goodness do they have a tough job.

i just don't get it; RD had 4-6 weeks to sell us at a premium, ok he would not have got his money back but if we are adrift by Xmas no one will be interested and he will pile losses on his losses!
    Ill put my bowyer is the messiah flag in the bin then :(
  • Morgan had admitted his fitness let down the defensive side of his game, I expect it not to be s problem this year. A loan won't help him. Lapslie can play where he is asked and brings energy, positivity, and drive. Similar to Bows in many ways and LB will teach him nuances of possession and distribution. Again a loan won't help. They may be key to our season.
  • I agree I am the eternal optimist,and quite likely more than 2-3 signings will be needed,but they have got to be right ,we must have players who are pushing those who have the shirt,rather than players who are there just to step in to cover injuries and suspensions.I am convinced we will get some very welcome news soon,indeed I hope so as reading a lot of the comments on here,I am reaching for the nearest razor blades.Cheer up guys,we just got promoted not relegated.
  • Based on our current squad we are absolutely fecked.  Bowyer may be a decent manager but he is not the messiah.  

Lapslie and Morgan should be out on loan for the season getting experience; Pratley should be looking at 5-10 games but being a motivator off the pitch; JFC should be vying with another of equal or better quality for a place given his recent fitness issues.  Yet they are currently our 4 midfielders with less than weeks to go until the window closes.  

It will be an absolute miracle if we are not miles out of it by Christmas at this rate.  The five players I had absolutely no doubt would step up last season were Cullen, Beilik; Aribo, Taylor and Williams- one currently signed up for us.   

We need 7 players in minimum yet I expect 5-6.  Everyone needs to be Championship quality, hit the ground running and immediately fit in with their team mates.  This division is so much harder than League One we have to hit it hard from the start.

the only chance is that Bowyer and Gallen are both superb and pull it out of the hat for us but my goodness do they have a tough job.

i just don't get it; RD had 4-6 weeks to sell us at a premium, ok he would not have got his money back but if we are adrift by Xmas no one will be interested and he will pile losses on his losses!
    He’s a very naughty boy.
  • AOB is still available.
  • It's really great that so many of our players have been written off by our "supporters".

Shall we all boo them as soon as they come out of the tunnel?
  • edited July 2019
    It's really great that so many of our players have been written off by our "supporters".

No. But I’ll point out mindless optimism when I see it. 
    What mindless optimism?

Dont think anyone on here thinks that the Championship will be a walk in the park, think most of us know its going to be tough

But whats the alternative, announce bloody relegation now and save the 46-games before its officially announced?

Seem to remember very few people thinking that we'd even finish top six let alone top three last season (I was one of them), a lot thought we'd be relegated but look at where we are now

Is it optimism or just hope that drives a lot of people when they support this club
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    Based on our current squad we are absolutely fecked.  Bowyer may be a decent manager but he is not the messiah.  

Dont agree to be honest mate

Lapslie and Morgan should be players we start to build foundations around.

Just got to look at the youngsters Leeds had last year, you reckon Millwall will send Thompson back on loan, no chance.

Lapslie needs to start games not dragged into them late on, he is a massive confidence player I reckon. Morgan was even better last season, absolute joy to watch and Ill be pissed off if he does go on loan.

So what it will be a struggle, I dont think anything less, the budget is what it is, of course we will add players. Last year we were fcked before Cullen and Bielik came along.

Weve been in better shape but the thing you can count on with this squad is that they will try unlike 50% of other squads weve had in the past decade.
  • Agree on all of that Fanny but it doesn’t detract from the fact that at this point our squad is hopelessly inadequate. I really respect Bowyer and Gallen but there is only so much you can do and the squad as is will get pulverised. Still time to remedy that but it’s RD we’re talking about here. 
  • Agree on all of that Fanny but it doesn’t detract from the fact that at this point our squad is hopelessly inadequate. I really respect Bowyer and Gallen but there is only so much you can do and the squad as is will get pulverised. Still time to remedy that but it’s RD we’re talking about here. 
    For sure, SHG. 

We can but hope for the best possible news VERY soon.
  • It's really great that so many of our players have been written off by our "supporters".

No. But I’ll point out mindless optimism when I see it. 
    What mindless optimism?

Dont think anyone on here thinks that the Championship will be a walk in the park, think most of us know its going to be tough

But whats the alternative, announce bloody relegation now and save the 46-games before its officially announced?

Seem to remember very few people thinking that we'd even finish top six let alone top three last season (I was one of them), a lot thought we'd be relegated but look at where we are now

Is it optimism or just hope that drives a lot of people when they support this club
    Doucher said our current situation is a good thing, I'd call that mindless optimism.
  • DOUCHER said:
    A very different level admittedly but when I was managing youth and senior teams, at this time of the year, if you had managed to say goodbye to a lot of the ‘dead wood’ in your squad and were in a lean position able to add half a team, you were in a very good position. That’s how o see us - the quality is about to be added and I wouldn’t be surprised if taylor’s contract isn’t improved once all that is done - to give him some sort of parity as I see him as the talisman of this squad 
    We lost some of our best players in Bauer, Aribo, Cullen and Bielek, hardly deadwood.

That was also our midfield which was key to achieving 3rd place in League 1.  Without any of them where might we finish in the league above ? 
  • Going into the championship we know it's a better league with technically, faster, stronger players. Everything is 'upped' it's the same in any level of football if you go up a division. Our management team aren't idiots they know this. LB will know we are going to get a pasting some weeks. For me this year is about survival and building on that. If I was in his shoes I'd be looking to make The Valley our fortress. You've got to win your home games and nick what you can away from home.

On the transfer front I'd imagine we have a list of players we are trying to get over the line. If none of them are in before start of the season we will resort to free agents and as mentioned younger loanees. 
  • Rumours only please. 
  • edited July 2019
    I realise this info is from Transfer Markt website but if you look at our first team squad = 17 players with a value of £4.19 million as compared to Blackburn Rovers with a squad = 26 players and value of £27.14 million you can see what we could well be up against.

For interest Millwall have = 20 players valued at £15.89 million
    Could Millwall realise £15.89 million for those players if they sold them or is that just how much Millwall paid for them ? Same with Blackburn. Are it’s players more than 6 times better than Charlton’s ? Or come 5pm on Saturday 3rd August are Charlton’s players going to be worth more than Blackburn’s when Charlton have won the first game of the season at  Blackburn’s ground ?
  • I realise this info is from Transfer Markt website but if you look at our first team squad = 17 players with a value of £4.19 million as compared to Blackburn Rovers with a squad = 26 players and value of £27.14 million you can see what we could well be up against.

For interest Millwall have = 20 players valued at £15.89 million
    Could Millwall realise £15.89 million for those players if they sold them or is that just how much Millwall paid for them ? Same with Blackburn. Are it’s players more than 6 times better than Charlton’s ? Or come 5pm on Saturday 3rd August are Charlton’s players going to be worth more than Blackburn’s when Charlton have won the first game of the season at  Blackburn’s ground ?
    The numbers banded around about Dack makes the Blackburn figure quite low, the other 25 must be rubbish. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    A friend of mine who works in the WHU youth set up told me that we have asked about Josh Cullen and Reece Oxford but it is unlikely to happen as they need more home grown players in their 25. Apparently there is a minimum they must have.
  • edited July 2019
    Dont know how I feel about Oxford to be honest

Did really well to break through at West Ham yet hasnt made double figures at any of the five clubs he's played at so far (four of those he joined on loan) - Feels like he'll tread a similar path to Ravel Morrison (just without the prick attitude) of someone who thought they'd made it too early as when he broke through at West Ham he really played well with everyone thinking of him as the next best thing

Dont think that Jordan Hugill went on the tour to China so imagine he'll be a dead certainty for being loaned back to the Championship at the very least this season
  • I heard from a Hammers mate some weeks ago we were getting one of their talented youngsters on loan or maybe perm. 
  • A friend of mine who works in the WHU youth set up told me that we have asked about Josh Cullen and Reece Oxford but it is unlikely to happen as they need more home grown players in their 25. Apparently there is a minimum they must have.
    Both on tour with WHU in Switzerland. 
    No decision from WHU until end of this month. 
  • Reece Oxford has been on loan in the bundesliga twice, surely they would want to loan him to a better side than one who will likely be Championship bottom 6.
  • Reece Oxford has been on loan in the bundesliga twice, surely they would want to loan him to a better side than one who will likely be Championship bottom 6.
    Thought there was rumour of him coming to us not Millwall
    You run the risk of them not playing though.  Unless you are a "top prospect" thinking last season Tammy Abraham level, you run the risk of not playing.  If a "big" club is the manager going to put much effort in developing someone else's prospect at the risk of loosing his job?

Our premier league loans will have to play practically every game they are available because even if they are bit crap they better than the no one else we currently have.