Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Clubs getting our players on the cheap has a 'stealing a dead man's wallet' feel to it but fair play to them. I'd expect us to take advantage and get players on the cheap from others if we had sensible ownership. Simply put, we're being taken advantage of, by both our owner and other clubs.

This GIF sums up how it feels after already losing Grant, Aribo, Bauer, Konsa, Lookman, Yann and now potentially AD and Lyle (to name a few) for peanuts.

• He can't sell basically our only striker, surely he must know that's ridiculous.
  • Why cant Brentford piss off and go after James Collins who scored more for Luton in League One last season!!
    Because we’re easy pickings.

Didn’t Luton let their right back go for £8m?

There’s serious money flying about the Championship right now.

If we, as a club were serious about keeping AD, we’d demand £5m, not £1.6 - £2m.

It’s actually quite pathetic what’s happening after what Bowyer, Jackson and Gallen did last season, in fact it’s insulting to them.

Make no mistake, if Taylor goes it is being done out of spite and not for any sound financial or business reasons. And if he does go I wouldn’t blame LB for telling Duchatelet to poke it, irrespective of any loyalties he might have to Charlton.
  • He can't sell basically our only striker, surely he must know that's ridiculous.
    Yes he can... because he wants more money!
  • Joao £7 million to reading not really made it in championship and going for £7 million.we should be nowhere near accepting £3 million. 
    He could also look at it in the sense that he signed Taylor for nothing and has made £3m for him in just one year!!
    He sells anyone we get an offer for.

And he'll justify it by saying Taylor wouldn't sign a new deal (despite the contract offer probably being less than he's on now!) and walk for nothing next summer.
  • Why does every news report about Taylor going keep saying that Charlton won’t want a repeat of losing a player on a free at the end of the season like Aribo as if LB would actually get the money to spend, all going in Roland’s pocket they don’t seem to understand that. I would rather they stay and go free at the end of the season after helping us get settled in the division, wouldn’t begrudge that at all but to leave us now. Don’t kick us while we are down AD and Taylor
  • 'We didn't want a repeat of the Aribo situation' - RD 
  • Sponsored links:

• RD is short for Royal Dickhead
    He sells anyone we get an offer for.

And he'll justify it by saying Taylor wouldn't sign a new deal (despite the contract offer probably being less than he's on now!) and walk for nothing next summer.
    He can do what he wants - that much is evident. 
  • So instead of focussing on the 4-5 we still need, LB and SG now need to wait to see how RD handicaps the team (probably on thursday, leaving no time at all) before they bring in anyone. We needed 3 mids and 2 strikers. Now potentially we need 1 RB, 3 mids and 3 strikers - we have 4 loan slots left.

Not only that but surely loanee would choose a team to join that wont won their best players sold at the drop of a hat  for less than the price of said hat.

F off you incompetent git.
  • IF the worse case scenario happens.
    Shitweasel has had a good week.
    7 Million from Lookman to Leipzig (2)
    Dijksteel to Middlesbrough (2)
    and 3 million from this sale.

Hell hath no fury like an old football owner Scorned.

I know the bridges had already been burnt on both sides but this would be his Ultimate revenge.

• se9addick said:
    I don’t think Taylor will go. Absolutely no inside information and Roland has consistently proven me wrong when I’ve thought it can’t get much worse, but for some reason I think we’ll avoid the madness here. 
    He’s gone, IMO. If you’re 30 and someone offers to more than double your salary, you’d be a fool not to take it
  • edited August 2019
  • That is being nice. He is an evil twisted excuse of a human being
  • Trust me that this is not a knee jerk reaction but if Taylor is sold then that’s me completely done with this club until the vindictive mad bastard sells up. 
    Same
  • Trust me that this is not a knee jerk reaction but if Taylor is sold then that’s me completely done with this club until the vindictive mad bastard sells up. 
    Same
    And me.
  • Sponsored links:

• why did bower stay his not going to get fuck all for players next nice club need a manager gone can’t blame him lm so pissed off it’s unreal 
  • This will absolutely be the worst thing RD has ever done in transfer dealings. I never thought he’d top the Yann sale, but this will. Furious.  
  • I'd be surprised if Taylor leaves at this point - and I predicted the Dijksteel sale over the weekend, so I haven't gone soft on RD. I also think its quite useful cover for selling Dijksteel, for example if the club can then say how generous RD has been in funding a new contract for Taylor. 

If he does go we are in meltdown territory and no amount of shaming and blaming will hack it. 
    What makes you think Roland would turn down a bid of 3-4m? He'd be laughing himself silly 
    this would properly be the straw the breaks the camels back for me. 
  • Valley11 said:
    This will absolutely be the worst thing RD has ever done in transfer dealings. I never thought he’d top the Yann sale, but this will. Furious.  
    We underestimate what a nasty piece of work RD is. A truly vile hateful pathetic individual.
  • hawksmoor said:
    Trust me that this is not a knee jerk reaction but if Taylor is sold then that’s me completely done with this club until the vindictive mad bastard sells up. 
    Same
    And me.
    and me 

• Valley11 said:
    This will absolutely be the worst thing RD has ever done in transfer dealings. I never thought he’d top the Yann sale, but this will. Furious.  
    Until the next thing.