Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Trust me that this is not a knee jerk reaction but if Taylor is sold then that’s me completely done with this club until the vindictive mad bastard sells up. 

It's exactly what he wants. Wreck the team, destroy the fanbase, wind up the club and sell the land. 
  • LT just been seen boarding a train at Waterloo (Facebook group) make of that what you like.
    On way to Brentford training ground perhaps?
    3 members of that FB group claimed to have seen him...I'd put a link on here but when I did that b4 you could actually go staight onto my personal FB page..I'm not to IT savvy and don't want to do that again.
    What if you take a Screenshot?

Weird that all these Charlton fans were just hovering on the same platform as Lyle at Waterloo and then rushed to Facebook at the same time. I mean, I know we like trains but it seems unlikely
    Also surely you'd take a sneaky photo to backup your claims?
  • Ferryman said:
    cafcwill said:
    Taylor going would be the same as when Yann was sold.  
    The ultimate way to Kill all the good work Bow has done

i wonder if many would still back Duchatelet and attack CARD if we sold Taylor
    Anyone still backing Duchatelet by now will surely always back him.
    Anyone still backing Duchatelet is a fuckng moron and is suffering from Stockholm syndrome 
  • DRAddick said:
    LT just been seen boarding a train at Waterloo (Facebook group) make of that what you like.
    3 members of that FB group claimed to have seen him...I'd put a link on here but when I did that b4 you could actually go staight onto my personal FB page..I'm not to IT savvy and don't want to do that again.

Weird that all these Charlton fans were just hovering on the same platform as Lyle at Waterloo and then rushed to Facebook at the same time. I mean, I know we like trains but it seems unlikely
    Weird that Charlton fans were hanging around on a train station platform?

With notebooks in their hands.
  • DanDavis said:
    DanDavis said:
    Exactly what Gary said, £15mill and we will talk. Selling players is one thing, just rolling over at the slightest hint of interest is madness.
    Why does it matter if he went for £15 million or a pound...it won't be invested in the team...so why should we care about the price,we need to be worrying about  who is stepping onto the pitch Saturday...which Bows is prob thinking himself right now...RD is a c£$t...& a spiteful one at that...!!!

It would be unlikely a club would take him if the asking price is £15 mill, thats the difference.
    But as we have seen since Roly Douchtwat has been here...the only asking price is..."how much cash do you want right now,in ya pocket" from the buyers,then all it takes is the old scrote from belguim to say yeah...the price is irrelevant to him...he will take anything that's offered cause he ain't got a fuckin clue...
  • I hope there’s still the same appetite for a protest or two even in the event that we keep Taylor for this week.

This cannot be allowed to continue. If we don’t sell Taylor now then it’ll happen in January or next summer, guaranteed. Yellow tooth is asset stripping, plain and simple. He does not care for OUR club.

Get Roland out any which way we can.
    This.

Part of me feels like we've collectively brought this on ourselves for going easy on Roland over the past year. Stuff like this will happen again and again if we don't step up and keep the pressure on the rat. 
  • DRAddick said:
    LT just been seen boarding a train at Waterloo (Facebook group) make of that what you like.

Weird that Charlton fans were hanging around on a train station platform?
    The one who reported is forever winding people up on twitter and is your typical jay from inbetweeners. Also the one who second it works in Bromley and drives there from Orpington. All hyping it for likes
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
  • edited August 2019

I think I might go on a short train journey if it meant my next week's wage was going to be £10k 
  • Scoham said:
    what about the free agent list for a replacement for lyle taylor. we need to know 
    I shouldn't laugh but it's mainly the humour on here that keeps me going.
  • edited August 2019
    Trust me that this is not a knee jerk reaction but if Taylor is sold then that’s me completely done with this club until the vindictive mad bastard sells up. 

It's exactly what he wants. Wreck the team, destroy the fanbase, wind up the club and sell the land. 
    Sell the land.....to who and what for, without planning permission it’s pretty much worthless and he (nor anyone else), wouldn’t get that in a million years.

• What a bloody convenient and painful distraction this is, when all we should be speculating about is who is coming in to bolster our threadbare squad?

What LB, JJ and SG must be thinking...
  • DOUCHER said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    That 2million would be better spent on wages to help get the players we desperately need that are on free transfers etc. I'd rather get 3 10k a week signings that can make a difference then spend 2m on 1 player
    Exactly. Some people on here seem to forget the situation Charlton are in with the  owner desperate to off load the club. As he was at the start of last season. If we had new owners then yes, I would expect new long term contracts to be offered to existing players and new players who are free agents. Maybe even pay a fee for a player. Season long loans and short term contracts are the only viable way of providing LB with a squad that has a chance of staying up this season. 
    This is what makes the signing of Bonne so hard to understand 
    I know the goals Bonne scored were in the National League but is he being written off already ?
    Why can't he make the step up, Gray, when at Luton did.
    Plus Gallen had been watching him long enough according to the speech marks attributed to Lee Bowyer.

Not every post by Red Henry is correct despite his apparent accuracy on Lee Bowyer signing his contract when we were being told he'd walked, and the 1.9 million being accepted for Dijksteel.

Bonne not being a Bowyer and Gallen signing and confirming that Oztumer had signed 3 weeks ago were inaccurate.

Looking like he might have to make that step up sooner rather than later 
  • DOUCHER said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    That 2million would be better spent on wages to help get the players we desperately need that are on free transfers etc. I'd rather get 3 10k a week signings that can make a difference then spend 2m on 1 player
    Exactly. Some people on here seem to forget the situation Charlton are in with the  owner desperate to off load the club. As he was at the start of last season. If we had new owners then yes, I would expect new long term contracts to be offered to existing players and new players who are free agents. Maybe even pay a fee for a player. Season long loans and short term contracts are the only viable way of providing LB with a squad that has a chance of staying up this season. 
    I know the goals Bonne scored were in the National League but is he being written off already ?
    Plus Gallen had been watching him long enough according to the speech marks attributed to Lee Bowyer.

Not every post by Red Henry is correct despite his apparent accuracy on Lee Bowyer signing his contract when we were being told he'd walked, and the 1.9 million being accepted for Dijksteel.

Bonne not being a Bowyer and Gallen signing and confirming that Oztumer had signed 3 weeks ago were inaccurate.

I'm not taking it from red henry - its the way he's been used in pre season that tells me he is on the back burner - the otzumer thing - I've also heard that is true and all wrapped up, just needs untangling from Bolton apparently   
  • Is Jim White still telling Charlton fans to celebrate ?

I still think the turn out at the Donny home 2nd leg and the Wembley final was trying to tell potential buyers we are worth buying and backing Lee Bowyer and the players who requested the support. For the known Boycotters on CL who said not a penny more to support the team in that final home game and Wembley was brave.

I hope there is a sting in the tail and like Bowyer being offered more Money, Taylor is as well to stay at the Valley but  the omens and Duchatelet's history does not bode well.

• Rumoured, also on FB, that Lyle wasn't at training this morning
    Yes I saw that too.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    CAFCDAZ said:

I'm not taking it from red henry - its the way he's been used in pre season that tells me he is on the back burner - the otzumer thing - I've also heard that is true and all wrapped up, just needs untangling from Bolton apparently   

Exactly my thoughts against Villa, nothing to lose, could have given him 45mins (and risk Taylor/Chucks less), he would have gained experience with the side, got used to the pitch, stadium, and teammates.

He should and would have got gametime if he was 100% in plans for this season.

IMO
  • I don't believe it
  • meldrew66 said:
    I honestly think that Lyle Taylor is the single most influential player in any Charlton side I have followed over the past 42 years. If Lyle going comes true I genuinely will be absolutely devastated as a longstanding, loyal, forever-optimistic supporter of this wonderful club. Feels like a potential death in the family right now
    Absolutely this!
  • Surely one of our Twitter experts can get a bite out of Taylor on there?
  • Please Lord, let me login to twitter at about 7pm tonight with Lyle Taylor having just tweeted the Leonardo Di Caprio meme from Wolf of Wall Street...you all know the one. 
  • Trust me that this is not a knee jerk reaction but if Taylor is sold then that’s me completely done with this club until the vindictive mad bastard sells up. 

Sell the land.....to who and what for, without planning permission it’s pretty much worthless and he (nor anyone else), wouldn’t get that in a million years.

If Charlton were wound up/merged with another club why wouldn't the land be granted planning permission. The stadium and training ground aren't likely to be preserved in aspic for old times sake. 
  • 21cws said:
    The boy who reported I know and is forever talking shit. Also the boy who seconds it works in Bromley. A load of bollox 
    Fair enough, there is a fair amount of BS on the Facebook page so hopefully LT at Waterloo is just that.
  • That is being nice. He is an evil twisted excuse of a human being
    Why would you say that about Lyle ??
  • edited August 2019
    My pal has said he’s not been at training and is on his way to Brentford