Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• problem is that if Brentford are back in for Lyle and they are offering to say double his wages, maybe more, he will probably want to go. What do you do then, hold on to a player who will be unhappy and definitely leave at the end of the season on a free or take the money now and replace him with Toney, assuming Roland sanctions that. Ideally we'd offer Lyle what he wants and he signs a new deal and stays but Roland won't sanction that so there will only be one outcome in my opinion. I wouldn't rule Boro out either.
  • My confidence in Taylor staying has gone from 100% to 60/40 - not because of the sun article.

Hold tight.
    If it came from Cawley then I'd share your doubts

As its come from no one else (Peter O'Rourke etc.) then I'm still about 90% confident
  • Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Can someone please post a spinning plates GIF?

• If it's left down to bowyer he will stay 100% despite if lyle wants to take the money 
  • edited August 2019
    My confidence in Taylor staying has gone from 100% to 60/40 - not because of the sun article.

Hold tight.
    If he goes, I am literally done with everything Charlton until the Rat faced old  is gone. 

I honestly mean that as it would be signing up for a first class flight straight back to League 1.
  • problem is that if Brentford are back in for Lyle and they are offering to say double his wages, maybe more, he will probably want to go. What do you do then, hold on to a player who will be unhappy and definitely leave at the end of the season on a free or take the money now and replace him with Toney, assuming Roland sanctions that. Ideally we'd offer Lyle what he wants and he signs a new deal and stays but Roland won't sanction that so there will only be one outcome in my opinion. I wouldn't rule Boro out either.
    On what grounds do you think we'd get Toney? He's out of our price range... comfortably.
  • The good news is that the Sun are one of the most unreliable sources in football,  bad news is Roldan is an unpredictable rat.
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:
    cafc4life said:
    Doesn’t matter who we sign today. Letting Taylor go would be the worst piece of business in years , and that’s coming from a club that have let our best youngsters go for peanuts. Taylor must stay for us to have half a chance this season 
    There is no point keeping someone if he doesn't want to be here 
    That's exactly what Bowyer has been saying all summer.

• Is it 5pm yet?   Not going to get much work done today

• I think Matt Taylor wpuld be seen as more a replaement for lyle than a partner for him imo
  • Macronate said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:

Watched that for 2 minutes waiting for him to spin the last plate ffs
    Thank you much appreciated
  • Macronate said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:

Watched that for 2 minutes waiting for him to spin the last plate ffs
    Yes, I really want to see the ending of that!
  • edited August 2019
    supaclive said:

Taylor will go.   He's 30 during this season.   He has less than 1 year left on his contract.   He can negotiate to leave in January.   A club really want him - they are going to massively improve his wages and Charlton are probably going to get £4m+ for him and we have an owner who wants to not lose money this year.

We have history in players leaving us under this ownership.

What we don't know is how much of this and AD's transfer Lee Bowyer is being given to wheel and deal in this transfer market....

LMAO on what planet do you think the club will get £4m? Roland will take the majority and the club may get around £1m to re-invest in wages across the season (at best)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    problem is that if Brentford are back in for Lyle and they are offering to say double his wages, maybe more, he will probably want to go. What do you do then, hold on to a player who will be unhappy and definitely leave at the end of the season on a free or take the money now and replace him with Toney, assuming Roland sanctions that. Ideally we'd offer Lyle what he wants and he signs a new deal and stays but Roland won't sanction that so there will only be one outcome in my opinion. I wouldn't rule Boro out either.
    On what grounds do you think we'd get Toney? He's out of our price range... comfortably.
    Depends, we've probably offered Peterborough a maximum of £3m 

If that gets accepted then we'll consider letting Taylor go for £4m - £5m with Roland getting £2m out of the deal

If of course Brentford dont go that high then we dont accept it and we withdraw the Toney deal
  • I'm interested to see Cawley's comment "RD knows sale would open the portals of hell."

I've got reason to believe that is not just rhetoric on RC's part. So if it goes ahead regardless, and Bow doesn't come out and say he was OK with it, well he was warned, warned by moderate people who try to understand the basic realities of the football business.

Yes it's the Sun, but as @Airman Brown said, Brentford know exactly how to play RD.

• Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    problem is that if Brentford are back in for Lyle and they are offering to say double his wages, maybe more, he will probably want to go. What do you do then, hold on to a player who will be unhappy and definitely leave at the end of the season on a free or take the money now and replace him with Toney, assuming Roland sanctions that. Ideally we'd offer Lyle what he wants and he signs a new deal and stays but Roland won't sanction that so there will only be one outcome in my opinion. I wouldn't rule Boro out either.
    Depends, we've probably offered Peterborough a maximum of £3m 

If that gets accepted then we'll consider letting Taylor go for £4m - £5m with Roland getting £2m out of the deal

If of course Brentford dont go that high then we dont accept it and we withdraw the Toney deal
    Thought they'd already slapped a price tag of £10m on him to deter any interested parties... 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I just hope lyle is aware of what happened to Ricky Holmes

Ricky landed a life changing transfer/contract just before he picked up a (possibly) career ending injury. I'm sure Lyle's aware of his situation. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    The good news is that the Sun are one of the most unreliable sources in football,  bad news is Roldan is an unpredictable rat.
    Roldan is predictive text, you mean? :smile:

• Just playing devil's advocate here as I don't want Lyle to go,  but for all those saying Taylor can't be sold under any circumstances.  What if lyle Taylor told bowyer he won't sign a new contract & Brentford or Middlesbrough come back with a bid of say 4.5 million & Bowyer is told he can use some of the money to sign a replacement or 2?

There's been uproar on this forum recently about players being allowed to run down their contracts & leave on a free 

Aa I say I don't want him to go, but if Bowyer is allowed to use the fee to strengthen the squad, is that not better than losing him on a free transfer?
    Too late in the window for that. Needed to happen 2 weeks ago to give us a chance. I'd be saying closed door no matter what right now.
  • I can't take this anymore 
  • This is actually more nerve wracking than wembley 
  • supaclive said:

Taylor will go.   He's 30 during this season.   He has less than 1 year left on his contract.   He can negotiate to leave in January.   A club really want him - they are going to massively improve his wages and Charlton are probably going to get £4m+ for him and we have an owner who wants to not lose money this year.

We have history in players leaving us under this ownership.

What we don't know is how much of this and AD's transfer Lee Bowyer is being given to wheel and deal in this transfer market....

Doesn’t the fact that he can negotiate in January mean he should actually stay, bang in some goals for 5-months and then get himself a similar wage but a fatter signing on fee for the next season anyway as a free transfer?
  • edited August 2019
    meldrew66 said:
    I honestly think that Lyle Taylor is the single most influential player in any Charlton side I have followed over the past 42 years. If Lyle going comes true I genuinely will be absolutely devastated as a longstanding, loyal, forever-optimistic supporter of this wonderful club. Feels like a potential death in the family right now. Roland really is making absolutely sure that we are back in League One next year. This is a total sabotage job - by the bloody owner of all people. This truly trumps everything awful that has happened to our club over the last few decades. I feel gutted for Bowyer (and, of course, all of us mugs) who is being given an impossible job. I am praying that this is simply not true but everything about the mentality and vindictiveness of the old scrote tells me that it is.

The word this morning from a reliable source I just bumped into is that Lyle is almost certainly going to Brentford today with a 250% rise in his pay if they stump up more than the £3m that was initially rejected. You can understand why; 30 years old, massive increase in pay, still in London, moving to a team with better prospects etc etc.........you can't honestly tell me you wouldn't move too if you were in his shoes! Truly gutted.