Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• supaclive said:

Taylor will go.   He's 30 during this season.   He has less than 1 year left on his contract.   He can negotiate to leave in January.   A club really want him - they are going to massively improve his wages and Charlton are probably going to get £4m+ for him and we have an owner who wants to not lose money this year.

We have history in players leaving us under this ownership.

What we don't know is how much of this and AD's transfer Lee Bowyer is being given to wheel and deal in this transfer market....

To be honest if we're relatively stable come January, then Taylor can fuck off and I wouldn't be too down over it. It's too early for him to go now, we've barely found our feet in the championship lol
  • edited August 2019
    Just playing devil's advocate here as I don't want Lyle to go,  but for all those saying Taylor can't be sold under any circumstances.  What if lyle Taylor told bowyer he won't sign a new contract & Brentford or Middlesbrough come back with a bid of say 4.5 million & Bowyer is told he can use some of the money to sign a replacement or 2?

There's been uproar on this forum recently about players being allowed to run down their contracts & leave on a free 

Aa I say I don't want him to go, but if Bowyer is allowed to use the fee to strengthen the squad, is that not better than losing him on a free transfer?
    Never trust Roland Bullshitter Dushitaface.

Lyle has earned the right to a big pay rise. If he doesn't get it, he's lost and we won't be able to build that chemistry again in time to save face. 

IF LYLE GOES NOW, WE ARE GOING DOWN. He's more than just a player for us, he is a talisman, a leader, a beast of effort and determination every game and the glue that holds together my hopes and dreams of us staying up. 

I don't want to have to go and re-do my entire season predictions based on Lyle going as I genuinely believe we'll end up with less than 30 points.  
  • iamdan said:
    Lyle signed for Charlton/Bowyer over Sunderland despite them offering more dough. 

Be confident chaps and girls. 

But that was down to wanting to stay in London close to his family, if you’re getting offered more money and don’t have to relocate that’s a completely different ball game. 
  • iamdan said:
    Lyle signed for Charlton/Bowyer over Sunderland despite them offering more dough. 

Be confident chaps and girls. 

But that was down to wanting to stay in London close to his family, if you’re getting offered more money and don’t have to relocate that’s a completely different ball game. 

Agreed, suppose. Was just trying to be positive!
  • Macronate said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Can someone please post a spinning plates GIF?

Watched that for 2 minutes waiting for him to spin the last plate ffs
    Me too - Bowyer would have done it way quicker!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:

Taylor will go.   He's 30 during this season.   He has less than 1 year left on his contract.   He can negotiate to leave in January.   A club really want him - they are going to massively improve his wages and Charlton are probably going to get £4m+ for him and we have an owner who wants to not lose money this year.

We have history in players leaving us under this ownership.

What we don't know is how much of this and AD's transfer Lee Bowyer is being given to wheel and deal in this transfer market....

LMAO on what planet do you think the club will get £4m? Roland will take the majority and the club may get around £1m to re-invest in wages across the season (at best)

@Dazzler21  Roland OWNS Charlotn.   Charlton WILL get £4m+ read what I say below ..... "what we don't know is how much of this and AD's transfer Lee Bowyer is being given to wheel and deal in the this transfer market...."

Was pretty clear if you read it all :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Matty Taylor, Johnathan Leko, Sam Field, Troy Parrott (if Spurs get Dybala) 

Callum Harriott and either Connor Randall or Nathan Thompson in as free agents, and that would be incredible
  • James Daly, signed a new contract at Palace in June.....He might be given some time in the championship......
  • sam3110 said:
    Matty Taylor, Johnathan Leko, Sam Field, Troy Parrott (if Spurs get Dybala) 

Callum Harriott and either Connor Randall or Nathan Thompson in as free agents, and that would be incredible
    Would we need Troy Parrott?

Not to mention his age makes me wonder if Spurs should wait one more year before loaning him out
  • edited August 2019
    sam3110 said:
    Matty Taylor, Johnathan Leko, Sam Field, Troy Parrott (if Spurs get Dybala) 

Louis Moult still very much in the mix too im hearing 
  • I think I hate the "Taylor is going" brigade more than Duchatelet.

• What is the rule about eligibility to play Saturday? Do they have to be signed before 3 pm today?
    Have to be signed by midday tomorrow so yeah anyone signed today can be involved against Stoke
    Don’t follow that......if the window closes at 5.00pm, how can anyone be signed in this window ‘tomorrow’?

He means that to be eligible to play on Saturday, a player needs to be signed by midday tomorrow. Therefore anyone signed by today's deadline can play On Saturday.
  • I'm interested to see Cawley's comment "RD knows sale would open the portals of hell."

I've got reason to believe that is not just rhetoric on RC's part. So if it goes ahead regardless, and Bow doesn't come out and say he was OK with it, well he was warned, warned by moderate people who try to understand the basic realities of the football business.

Yes it's the Sun, but as @Airman Brown said, Brentford know exactly how to play RD.

@PragueAddick have you been speaking to Richard Murray?
  • Who would take five players coming In, but Taylor going out? I don’t know anything btw
  • Sponsored links:

• We're being linked with so many names (and not even unknowns)!!

This has to be the best Transfer Deadline Day in history if Lyle Taylor doesnt go anywhere
  • Like Cawley said, we have a lot of plates spinning, so I think it will be:
    Taylor or Moult
    Leko or Parrott
    Field (sounds like a done deal) or Kane
    Harriott or Oztumer

But I also think Parrott is one that we could take a gamble on as being 17 his wages would either be negligible or Spurs would be willing to cover them off
  • sam3110 said:
    Like Cawley said, we have a lot of plates spinning, so I think it will be:
    Taylor or Moult
    Leko or Parrott
    Field (sounds like a done deal) or Kane
    Harriott or Oztumer

But I also think Parrott is one that we could take a gamble on as being 17 his wages would either be negligible or Spurs would be willing to cover them off
    I'd go for the names on the left yet would take Oztumer over Harriott
  • edited August 2019
    All the players we are linked with has to be funded somewhere, I’m sure RD isn’t 
  • Redhenry said:
    Who would take five players coming In, but Taylor going out? I don’t know anything btw
    Id be sad to lose him, particularly to a team in the same dvision but If the two from WBA + Matty Taylor were permanent plus two decent loans I'd take that
  • Redhenry said:
    Who would take five players coming In, but Taylor going out? I don’t know anything btw
    If one of the 5 were Lyle Taylor then yes, I’d be pleased with that
  • meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    I honestly think that Lyle Taylor is the single most influential player in any Charlton side I have followed over the past 42 years. If Lyle going comes true I genuinely will be absolutely devastated as a longstanding, loyal, forever-optimistic supporter of this wonderful club. Feels like a potential death in the family right now. Roland really is making absolutely sure that we are back in League One next year. This is a total sabotage job - by the bloody owner of all people. This truly trumps everything awful that has happened to our club over the last few decades. I feel gutted for Bowyer (and, of course, all of us mugs) who is being given an impossible job. I am praying that this is simply not true but everything about the mentality and vindictiveness of the old scrote tells me that it is.

The word this morning from a reliable source I just bumped into is that Lyle is almost certainly going to Brentford today with a 250% rise in his pay if they stump up more than the £3m that was initially rejected. You can understand why; 30 years old, massive increase in pay, still in London, moving to a team with better prospects etc etc.........you can't honestly tell me you wouldn't move too if you were in his shoes! Truly gutted.

I find that number REALLY hard to believe . This is Brentford not Derby or Leeds. Yes they make good profits from the transfer market, but their income is low (small ground with low commercial income) and a new stadium to build.
  • Just playing devil's advocate here as I don't want Lyle to go,  but for all those saying Taylor can't be sold under any circumstances.  What if lyle Taylor told bowyer he won't sign a new contract & Brentford or Middlesbrough come back with a bid of say 4.5 million & Bowyer is told he can use some of the money to sign a replacement or 2?

There's been uproar on this forum recently about players being allowed to run down their contracts & leave on a free 

Aa I say I don't want him to go, but if Bowyer is allowed to use the fee to strengthen the squad, is that not better than losing him on a free transfer?
    I dont get it. Taylor signs a 2 yr contract a season ago to a team in League 1. We are now in a League higher.....same as Brentford. If you didnt sign for Sunderland last season (who were offering more money) why would you sign for Brentford now. Imo Sunderland are a bigger team than Brentford. Players  cant keep changing clubs at a drop of a hat. I understand LB letting Dijikstel go as we can cover the RB position ....but not the striker position. 

I'm certain Taylor will only go if RD wants it....not the other way round