Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Quality, really pleased with the way we've bolstered the midfield.  Pray Taylor stays 
  • Just playing devil's advocate here as I don't want Lyle to go,  but for all those saying Taylor can't be sold under any circumstances.  What if lyle Taylor told bowyer he won't sign a new contract & Brentford or Middlesbrough come back with a bid of say 4.5 million & Bowyer is told he can use some of the money to sign a replacement or 2?

There's been uproar on this forum recently about players being allowed to run down their contracts & leave on a free 

Aa I say I don't want him to go, but if Bowyer is allowed to use the fee to strengthen the squad, is that not better than losing him on a free transfer?
    I dont get it. Taylor signs a 2 yr contract a season ago to a team in League 1. We are now in a League higher.....same as Brentford. If you didnt sign for Sunderland last season (who were offering more money) why would you sign for Brentford now. Imo Sunderland are a bigger team than Brentford. Players  cant keep changing clubs at a drop of a hat. I understand LB letting Dijikstel go as we can cover the RB position ....but not the striker position. 

I'm certain Taylor will only go if RD wants it....not the other way round 
    you do realise Brentford are in London, not the arse end of nowhere?
    You do remember how hard it was for you to get there....😉
  • I have a good feeling about today,

2 mids one st ill be happy

2 and 2 ill be over the moon

Maybe we are going to be supprised for the first time in 4 years, that the old scroot has kinda backed Bowyer 
    Wtf is a scroot. There's no such word in the context of RD.

Scrote, it's scrote.
    Scroot is Scottish.  

• breathe boys .... just cross everything that Lyle is staying .....
  • Its got the feeling of a shit sandwich. Loan two players, sell Taylor, sign another loan.
  • Greenie said:
    Good news first but I really think Lyle will go and any fee will support loanees wages or others in....
    I heard that Rolly had already used up more than his 2% of time allocated to Charlton by dealing with the Dyksteele transfer and is now not available.
  • Dogshit sandwich
  • Horrible feeling both have been announced to take some hate away from Taylor joining Brentford soon... 
    couldnt really be announced tomorrow...
  • We're being linked with so many names (and not even unknowns)!!

This has to be the best Transfer Deadline Day in history if Lyle Taylor doesnt go anywhere
    Best transfer Deadline day?

Don't you remember the one where Curbs signed both Danny Murphy AND Darren Ambrose?

• Sponsored links:

• We will only sell taylor if he is adamant he wants to go if that’s the case he need not be here and he can leave 
    That's the point. 
  • I think Taylor is going, hes usually all over social media welcoming players, liking statuses etc, nothing since his "leave me alone" post, probably a message for us fans. Shame.
  • Still need atlesst 1 striker... leko is moee of a winger from what ive seen of him but can play upfront if needed
  • With these 2 new signings think Taylor will stay , it’s shaping up to be a half decent team 
  • Redweb said:
    I think Taylor is going, hes usually all over social media welcoming players, liking statuses etc, nothing since his "leave me alone" post, probably a message for us fans. Shame.
    If that's the case, then he's a complete fuckhead. But I don't think it is the case
  • Redweb said:
    I think Taylor is going, hes usually all over social media welcoming players, liking statuses etc, nothing since his "leave me alone" post, probably a message for us fans. Shame.
    properly just cant be arsed getting loads of messages. If i was him if i was staying or going or unknown I would take a twitter break while this was on going. 
  • Horrible feeling both have been announced to take some hate away from Taylor joining Brentford soon... 
    Confirmation bias at it's worst.

It's transfer deadline day, and LB has talked about trying to get loans in which will be late in the window. Of course we are going to be announcing signings today. 
  • Interesting that after Field and Leko have arrived, the number 11 shirt is still vacant.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    More signings to follow I'm told - these 2 were done last night but not revealed til now. Just need Taylor to  stay now
    At least another one more. Hopefully two, one will be permanent. Looks as though Matty Taylor will be coming in, so that’s one.
  • Redweb said:
    If that's the case, then he's a complete fuckhead. But I don't think it is the case
    Did you actually think before you typed this?
  • My advice is to turn this off and come back this evening. That's what i'm doing. Bye.
    I bet he's peeking :smile:
  • Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    More signings to follow I'm told - these 2 were done last night but not revealed til now. Just need Taylor to  stay now
    At least another one more. Hopefully two, one will be permanent. Looks as though Matty Taylor will be coming in, so that’s one.
    On a permanent?
  • Interesting that after Field and Leko have arrived, the number 11 shirt is still vacant.
    Didn't Gallagher take 11? 
    It’s not. Gallagher is 11.
  • The Lyle Taylor stuff is a distraction. We need to get players in more than anything else. If Lyle goes bad, if Lyle stays and we don't sign at least two strikers, bad. 

Two strikers, two midfielders and a RB has to be the goal, and preferrably those players should be good. If we pull that off we might actually look ok.

Phillips, Amos
    Solly, new RB
    Lockyer, Oshilaja, Pearce, Sarr
    Purrington, Page
    Cullen, Pratley, JFC, Field, Gallagher, Williams, new CM (Lapslie, Morgan)
    Taylor, Leko, Aneke, new CF, Bonne

That's decent. From there if we're going to play three at the back then we're looking at little bit short at CH, and if we're playing the diamond then we're a bit short at midfield given that Lapslie and Albie have developing to do
  • confident we will have a striker called Taylor at 5pm tonight, just not two of them ...