Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    More signings to follow I'm told - these 2 were done last night but not revealed til now. Just need Taylor to  stay now
    At least another one more. Hopefully two, one will be permanent. Looks as though Matty Taylor will be coming in, so that’s one.
    On a permanent?
    Maybe wasn’t too clear. I’m unsure whether Matty Taylor will be a loan or permanent. But I’m quietly confident that we will sign him plus one other at least. One being a loan, the other being a permanent.
  • Interesting that after Field and Leko have arrived, the number 11 shirt is still vacant.
    It’s not. Gallagher is 11.
    So he is. My bad.
  • RedManS said:
    Why does everyone think Taylor doesn't want to play for us? whats gives that impression? The same people slagging him off will be the ones sucking him off on Saturday if he stays. 
    don't think anyone is saying that. He just wants the sort of contract he deserves. If he can't get it here he may have to get it elsewhere, and who could blame him.
  • I still reckon we need 5 ideally.
    RB, CDM, No 10, pacey striker, lyle backup 

That's assuming no one leaves. 

That's best case. 

Minimum - can get by with Oshilaja covering RB 

Can likely get by with William's and Morgan as cover for Aneke as no 10 

So CM and 2 strikers would do. Then consider Harriott as an option when the window closes.
    So that's the CDM and the Pacy Striker in. 

Ideally a RB, No 10 and a backup for Lyle (+Lyle replacement if he goes) in

Min another Striker and Harriott
  • No RB coming in is far from ideal. Solly and Oshilaja doesn’t fill me with confidence at all for 45 games 
  • RedManS said:
    Why does everyone think Taylor doesn't want to play for us? whats gives that impression? The same people slagging him off will be the ones sucking him off on Saturday if he stays. 
    don't think anyone is saying that. He just wants the sort of contract he deserves. If he can't get it here he may have to get it elsewhere, and who could blame him.
    I have definitely seen numerous posts about Taylor not wanting to be here. Understandably he deserves a massive wage increase.
  • cafc4life said:
    No RB coming in is far from ideal. Solly and Oshilaja doesn’t fill me with confidence at all for 45 games 
    Lets wait and see... If Bowyer has faith in those two then its good enough for me
  • Sponsored links:

• getting very excited - We have are going to do the double over Millwank. I need a lay down. 
  • edited August 2019
    RedManS said:
    You clearly aren't on Twitter...
  • The roller coaster ride is on the way up BUT I'm still fearing the Coup de gras from the shitweasel.

He gives you a starter with one hand to replace your favourite main course.

Two analogies in one small post.

A bit like getting Field and Leko from WBA.

• Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    More signings to follow I'm told - these 2 were done last night but not revealed til now. Just need Taylor to  stay now
    At least another one more. Hopefully two, one will be permanent. Looks as though Matty Taylor will be coming in, so that’s one.
    And if Lyle does stay, we'll have the Taylor twins up front together.

• Just to say, once new signings / sales are confirmed, can we start a new seperate thread with them please. Its nice to retain and easier to search from a historic perspective. Cheers
    aren’t you supposed to be working hard ? 
  • After Bowyer came out and said he didn't want another Aribo situation again I expect they have been looking at Taylor replacements should he not sign a new contract.

Peterborough chairman said he would want 4-5 mil for him if he was his player so RD would now know what another owner would expect to get.

If Taylor wants to go then let him leave, I would rather have someone who wants to be here giving 100% than Lyle who doesn't want to be here giving 50%.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:

A championship version of the Bent's 
  • Real feeling of deja vu from January, hoping to get a striker in from Bristol City, but waiting for them to sign someone first...
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't believe that Lyle wants to leave and I don't believe he is a gready person.
    If Wankpuffin was to offer him a couple of grand a week more than he is currently on I am sure he would sign a new contract. 
    And let's  face it he deserves a pay rise after last season's performances. 
    fully agree
  • There seems to be a theme on here that Taylor wants to leave? Where on earth has that come from.

Do not listen to reams, Taylor did not refuse to train.

Couple of teams are interested, he just needs to sign a deal and put it to bed. 
  • I hate that Lyle is so quiet on Twitter lately, making me nervous now.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:

It D.Bent & M.Bent all over again
  • Moment hands in a transfer request, then talk about him wanting to leave but for now cut the guy some slack
  • I don't believe that Lyle wants to leave and I don't believe he is a gready person.
    If Wankpuffin was to offer him a couple of grand a week more than he is currently on I am sure he would sign a new contract. 
    And let's  face it he deserves a pay rise after last season's performances. 
    Think this is what'll happen

We've got one more loan spot (Yes we can sign six loans but reckon we'll only aim for five to keep parent clubs happy)

That might be Matty Taylor or it might be someone else if we can bring in the former on a permanent deal

Reckon the day will end either with Lyle either sold or he'll top off an amazing day by signing a new Contract (which'll explain the "patience" tweet)
  • Nicholas said:
    I hate that Lyle is so quiet on Twitter lately, making me nervous now.
    Reckon it might have been suggested to him that he lays of it a bit until tomorrow maybe?
  • Interesting that after Field and Leko have arrived, the number 11 shirt is still vacant.
    Gallagher is 11.
    You'll never win anything with kids...
    That’s why we sold Dijksteel - playing a 2 year old was a joke.