Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I'm struggling to see why Roland would turn down a 4-5 million pound bid for lyle taylor. 29 year old in the last year of his contract who is probably being offered wages by brentford which we couldnt dream of matching.  even a normal chairman would probably find that hard to turn down. 
    no one has bid 4/5 mill though.
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:

Taylor will go.   He's 30 during this season.   He has less than 1 year left on his contract.   He can negotiate to leave in January.   A club really want him - they are going to massively improve his wages and Charlton are probably going to get £4m+ for him and we have an owner who wants to not lose money this year.

We have history in players leaving us under this ownership.

What we don't know is how much of this and AD's transfer Lee Bowyer is being given to wheel and deal in this transfer market....

LMAO on what planet do you think the club will get £4m? Roland will take the majority and the club may get around £1m to re-invest in wages across the season (at best)

@Dazzler21  Roland OWNS Charlotn.   Charlton WILL get £4m+ read what I say below ..... "what we don't know is how much of this and AD's transfer Lee Bowyer is being given to wheel and deal in the this transfer market...."

Was pretty clear if you read it all :-)

I read it all, I don't think Bow will get any of it for transfers. I know not to trust Roland. 

I was pretty clear that the club will get maybe a million to re-invest in wages across the season... to reduce around 10% of Roland's expected losses.
  • The roller coaster heading south at moment, need an upward climb ASAP.
  • FAVADDICK said:
    cafc4life said:
    Doesn’t matter who we sign today. Letting Taylor go would be the worst piece of business in years , and that’s coming from a club that have let our best youngsters go for peanuts. Taylor must stay for us to have half a chance this season 
    There is no point keeping someone if he doesn't want to be here 
    He may not want to go but wants a better deal. RD only wants to pay Div One wages. Yet again I can't understand RD's actions. He wants more money for the club then sells players for far less than the value of the club will go (back) down if we get relegated. I suppose I should be surprised he hasn't got a clue!
  • Bit weird but it needs must, Taylor lives on same development as me...
  • iamdan said:
    Bit weird but it needs must, Taylor lives on same development as me...
    Go round and have a word then. Tie him down and steal his phone. 
  • edited August 2019
    Cawley says Field is done, top top signing. 
  • iamdan said:
    Bit weird but it needs must, Taylor lives on same development as me...
    @fancydan nowadays then
  • Who’s Field?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Its make or break for Taylor. Either sign a new deal or go - the same source who told me about Cullen arriving at SL.

Wants to stay but wants a better offer - rightly so.
     Maybe some of the AD money will sweeten up the deal? If that didn't all gone on JC :+1: :
  • Taylor is under contract. Whatever he might want, and certainly I dont begrudge him maxing his earnings opportunities like any professional, its down to the club, i.e. duchatelet if he is sold. Lets all remember that.
  • So Sam Field is done.

1 down, Cawley said another is very close, 

2 minimum still needed, in my eyes they both need to be strikers
  • JaShea99 said:
    Who’s Field?
    Sam Field, Midfielder from West Brom
  • meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    I honestly think that Lyle Taylor is the single most influential player in any Charlton side I have followed over the past 42 years. If Lyle going comes true I genuinely will be absolutely devastated as a longstanding, loyal, forever-optimistic supporter of this wonderful club. Feels like a potential death in the family right now. Roland really is making absolutely sure that we are back in League One next year. This is a total sabotage job - by the bloody owner of all people. This truly trumps everything awful that has happened to our club over the last few decades. I feel gutted for Bowyer (and, of course, all of us mugs) who is being given an impossible job. I am praying that this is simply not true but everything about the mentality and vindictiveness of the old scrote tells me that it is.

The word this morning from a reliable source I just bumped into is that Lyle is almost certainly going to Brentford today with a 250% rise in his pay if they stump up more than the £3m that was initially rejected. You can understand why; 30 years old, massive increase in pay, still in London, moving to a team with better prospects etc etc.........you can't honestly tell me you wouldn't move too if you were in his shoes! Truly gutted.

I find that number REALLY hard to believe . This is Brentford not Derby or Leeds. Yes they make good profits from the transfer market, but their income is low (small ground with low commercial income) and a new stadium to build.
    Only reporting what I was told by a very reliable source. Nothing's concrete until it gets over the line but we all know that Brentford know how to play Roly, they have the money in the bank and the deal makes complete sense if you are Lyle Taylor. Seems he wants out too. We'll see what happens, eh?! . Not happy but can't control things out of our control.
  • Website down....(for me anyway).

Singing incoming???
  • Just playing devil's advocate here as I don't want Lyle to go,  but for all those saying Taylor can't be sold under any circumstances.  What if lyle Taylor told bowyer he won't sign a new contract & Brentford or Middlesbrough come back with a bid of say 4.5 million & Bowyer is told he can use some of the money to sign a replacement or 2?

There's been uproar on this forum recently about players being allowed to run down their contracts & leave on a free 

Aa I say I don't want him to go, but if Bowyer is allowed to use the fee to strengthen the squad, is that not better than losing him on a free transfer?
    I dont get it. Taylor signs a 2 yr contract a season ago to a team in League 1. We are now in a League higher.....same as Brentford. If you didnt sign for Sunderland last season (who were offering more money) why would you sign for Brentford now. Imo Sunderland are a bigger team than Brentford. Players  cant keep changing clubs at a drop of a hat. I understand LB letting Dijikstel go as we can cover the RB position ....but not the striker position. 

I'm certain Taylor will only go if RD wants it....not the other way round 
    you do realise Brentford are in London, not the arse end of nowhere?
  • Sponsored links:

• Leko confirmed by WBA
  • Anyone know what happens to Chelsea's 41 loan players when they all return to the Bridge? Will they be unable to get new loans at new clubs? Very weird if they are unable to get a game for Chelsea and have to be paid. Maybe Da Silva will be released and we can resign him?

Believe he has already gone back to Bristol City?

• So we'll probably now sell Lyle to West Brom to fund the loans :wink:
  • Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt two (loan) signings in the same instant. Next level sh!t right there
  • edited August 2019
    Good news first but I really think Lyle will go and any fee will support loanees wages or others in....
  • Horrible feeling both have been announced to take some hate away from Taylor joining Brentford soon...