Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:
    More signings to follow I'm told - these 2 were done last night but not revealed til now. Just need Taylor to  stay now
    At least another one more. Hopefully two, one will be permanent. Looks as though Matty Taylor will be coming in, so that’s one.
    And if Lyle does stay, we'll have the Taylor twins up front together.

It D.Bent & M.Bent all over again
    Let's hope the new Taylor is not like M Bent.
  • Well, i need to get to bed. Someone tuck me in. Wake me up if we sign Eddie Nketiah
  • Well, i need to get to bed. Someone tuck me in. Wake me up if we sign Eddie Nketiah
    Are you now a Leeds United supporter? 
  • bobmunro said:
    Nicholas said:
    I hate that Lyle is so quiet on Twitter lately, making me nervous now.
    Reckon it might have been suggested to him that he lays of it a bit until tomorrow maybe?

I think that's likely to be the reason for his silence, Rob.

Best not say anything either way because it will be taken out of context.

Can just imagine Bow saying it to him an all
  • RE  Brentford Dervisoglu from Sparta Rotterdam young, played over 40 games for Sparta B team last season SO not up to Taylors standards……...Dervisogle in Brentford for medical.

So does Taylor stay or go.....no idea

• I'm struggling to see why Roland would turn down a 4-5 million pound bid for lyle taylor. 29 year old in the last year of his contract who is probably being offered wages by brentford which we couldnt dream of matching.  even a normal chairman would probably find that hard to turn down. 
    If true, this always pisses me off. Until clubs agree on a fee no one should be talking to either Taylor or his agent about the salary they are prepared to offer. It should be against EFL rules etc
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Keep the momentum coming cafc. Don't want it all going quiet again. Still much Business to be done!
  • I think Taylor must be Brentford’s back up signing if they don’t get in who they want. 

But they don’t want a player who’s turning 30 this year and never done it above league 1... how unappealing does that sound Brentford?
  • If a decent offer is made for Taylor we'll sell - RD won't offer him what he could get elsewhere(that is not RD's way). If he does go I just hope we get cover.
  • Nicholas said:
    All our players are quiet.  It might be club orders during the transfer close.
  • cafc-west said:
    Nicholas said:
    All our players are quiet.  It might be club orders during the transfer close.
    They're probably at Sparrows Lane preparing for Saturdays game.
  • Right back..e.g. Hunter

Another striker and a new contract for Lyle..that we be great news 

Oh and roly sells us 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    2 in every position aim (not including Morgan or Lapslie because Bowyer doesn’t think they’re ready).

GK: Phillips, Amos
    RB: [loanee/free], Solly
    RCB: Lockyer, Oshilaja
    LCB: Pearce, Sarr
    CDM: Cullen, Pratley
    CM: Gallagher, JFC
    CM: Williams, [loanee/free]
    CAM: Aneke, [loanee/free]
    ST: Taylor, [loanee/free]
    ST: [loanee/free], Bonne
    Harriott to be the one alongside Bonne in that second Striker role I reckon, especially if we have offered him something
    Harriot will be a CAM imo 2 strikers, rb and cm to come, I had heard we had as many as 3 deals close yesterday, cullen was not one of them

just want to put this here. 
  • Win difficult first away match of the season and now sign 2 top quality players. Already the best deadline day I can remember. I said earlier that 2 coming in and I’d be happy. Anything else now would be an absolute bonus as long as Lyle stays. 
  • Did Bowyer not give Liverpool a deadline of 11am to let him know if they can have Kane on loan. I would think this is probably a no goer then. According to Social Media rumours, Taylor could be the next one. Unsure of loan or permanent, and Bowyer has put in a bid for a Colchester (RB) (but then same as Luton who upped their offer). Did we offer a contract to Harriott (who also has an offer from Ipswich), and who was that player we put a bid in for Tovey at Peterborough Tovey? I think this is a non goer as Peterborough do normally get really good fees for their players which we can't/won't pay.  Is Tovey a striker? 
  • edited August 2019
    We cannot go into this season with 2 blokes that have never scored a goal in league football ( just realised Bonne has scored in the league)
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't there an 11am deadline for Herbie Kane? Although I guess we won't be needing him now.
  • Under-whelmed by talk of Matt Taylor. Only scores in lower divisions.
  • my personal opinion is we will get 2-3 more in and there is a chance we will lose lyle. i can't imagine LB and SG would not find a 2nd RB given Sols injury record, Oshilaja was brought in to fill the 2nd RCB role, and cover when required for the other roles, Sols can't play Sat-Tues-Sat week in week out, so your buying to rotate, not cover imo. a 2nd Striker will come in and also another CDM imo
    Thats the only worry with Matt Taylor, done well with Bristol Rovers but not City

Hopefully its just he didnt suit their system
  • NOT a rumour .. we could still do with another versatile defender .. Fact
    So has Lyle. Matt Taylor is a good player and he’d definitely improve us.