Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham 0 Charlton 2 - 27/04/19 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Playing the first leg at home against Sunderland will be perfect if it happens. They have drawn too many timesthis season because their manager is the cautious type. I can see them having half an eye on the home leg which will allow us to come at them at the Valley. 
    And weve been crap against super defensive teams this season.
  • Options
    I don't think they will be eleven men behind the ball defensive though - just a bit cautious. 
  • Options
    Wow! That’s a ridiculous stat. Very proud of what our boys have achieved this year. 
  • Options
    Very happy with this result, I don't know any Gills fans, not had a problem there or anything but I just completely hate the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow! That’s a ridiculous stat. Very proud of what our boys have achieved this year. 
    What about Liverpool?
  • Options
    From back of stand, definitely sounded like shout during silence came from outside.  Arseholes about the toilets.  Same as at Millwall a couple of years ago.  Sone of us old gits appreciate a piss after the game.  As to the match, comfortable without getting out of 2nd.  Onwards and upwards?
  • Options
    Your right, what about them(-:
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What about Liverpool?
    Why would I be proud of what Liverpool have achieved? 😉
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Another clean sheet. 

Lost count how many times I’ve posted that on post match thread this season.

Outstanding. 
    17th clean sheet (from 45 matches) in the league this season.

10th in 2019 (20 matches) ... all since Ben Purr rocked up, parked his chariot at left back, and provided some balance to the back four.

We've conceded only 40 goals in Division Three this season (Barnsley are best with 37) and apparently we've conceded 13 of those 40 in the last fifteen minutes (plus stoppage time) of matches.

https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&stats=2-charlton

Current form? Not bad ...

Looking at that form table Luton (final match against Oxford) are not a shoo-in for promotion, automatic or otherwise.

Mind you, I wouldn't want to face the side in fifth place either ...

Oh.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What about Liverpool?
    Small time.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What about Liverpool?
    Lost against Man City and Wolves (FA Cup)
  • Options
    I preferred it when we hated Tottenham. That should be our ambition. 
    We still can.

We are equal opportunity club haters.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What about Liverpool?
    Also 2 defeats, same as us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the train home.........

As pp above said, workmanlike performance & got the job done without (again) getting out of 2nd gear.  Thought Cullen was MOTM although Aribo ran him a close 2nd. Their sponsor gave their gk MOTM so shows how good we were going forward & how bad they were up front.

Prately played well defensively but not good enough when everyone is fit. Lapslie played wide right & not really involved enough. Rest of the players coasted through the game & did enough without getting booked or injured.

Rochdale will be a simialar game now they are safe. Wish we didn't have to play it & just go straight into the play offs. 90% certain we are playing Sunderland........booooo.
  • Options
    Big problem for Bowyer now.

Clearly Pearce has to start but does Bauer or Bielik play alongside him?

Otherwise seemed a comfortable win in the A2 derby.

Pratley's masterful anchoring of the midfield released Aribo and Cullen to attack and score.

On to Rochdale.

Charlton v Doncaster final. You heard it here first.
    Second time I’ve heard it :-)

My post at 5.02 in match thread:

Barnsley and Pompey to go up?

If so, the winners out of us and Sunderland will go up as Luton will implode and lose to Doncaster.

Could be interesting!

We are going up!!!
  • Options
    *tries really hard to not rise to Irving's bait*

DAMN YOU, IRVING
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Fully agree. Take a win and clean sheet in to an away 2nd leg, other team are going to be in trouble 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Fully agree. Take a win and clean sheet in to an away 2nd leg, other team are going to be in trouble 
    Yup, puts the pressure directly on them. 

We are going up. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    SO, LET ME START AGAIN...... THE FIRST POST I HAVE MADE THIS SEASON, I HAVE BEEN KEEPING MY POWDER DRY.......  Toilets been smashed up and chairs ripped out. What's the point? - Moutakill. WHAT IS THE POINT INDEED, WHEN OUR NATIONAL GAME AND HERITAGE HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO THIS LEVEL?  FOREIGN PROPERTY SPECULATORS, TAX DODGERS, CRIMINALS AND SPIVS DEEMED FIT AND PROPER TO DESTROY CLUB FOOTBALL.... LEEDS, WEST HAM, BLACKPOOL, CHARLTON, AND NOW BOLTON........... AND THOSE ARE JUST OFF THE CUFF! BOLTON FIRST TEAMERS STRUGGLING ON A "LOW INCOME", AND HAVEN'T BEEN PAID?  DUCKSHITALLEY TRYING TO TELL THE EFL HOW TO RUN THINGS? LONDON TAXPAYERS MONEY FUNDING THE TENURE OF WEST HAM AT A STADIUM PAID FOR BY ALL OF YOU? AS MY "TAG" IMPLIES....... WRIGHT, CURTISS, KINSEY, CAMPBELL etc..... PRE-THATCHERITE, PRE-EUROPEAN UNION, PRE-SKY, PRE-BLATTER. TOLERANT OF BREMNER, HUNTER, RON HARRIS, AND POSSIBLY EVEN "SIR" TREVOR BROOKING. ALL GONE NOW............ IS "PLASTIC FOOTBALL" DESTROYING OUR PLANET? BECKS & SPICE?
    Salient points mixed with drivel, but the main thing is, STOP SHOUTING.