Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham 0 Charlton 2 - 27/04/19 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Senpai said:
    "Red Army" was shouted by a Charlton fan during the minutes silence - he was most definitely outside the ground and had no idea the silence was going on. A few Gills fans then decided to show their anger at the silence being broken by.... Breaking the silence themselves - go figure
    The Charlton fan that shouted during the minute’s silence wasn’t outside the ground. He was a few rows behind me near the back of the upper stand and nearly started a fight between supporters. Utterly despicable behaviour and totally disprespectful. I left the game half way through the second half as my ten year old son was getting fed up with some of the tanked up idiots behind us. Other than that a comfortable performance where we kept our foot off the pedal to save energy for some more important fixtures to come. Aribo had a good game.
    I thought he was in the stand too, and whilst it was unacceptable, someone at the Gills end had shouted out first and our fan was replying in answer. 
    Don’t get why the toilets were trashed - that’s just bloody pointless and very juvenile - but then again that’s how some people get when on the piss. Not our finest hour. 
    The stand is awful and the burgers probably warranted singing “Goodnight Horse” - disgusting and the worst hospitality possible. 
    My first visit to Priestfields and hope I don’t have to return - although living in Rochester it was easiest travel to a game possible!  Their ground is terrible and the quality of their football even worse. 

My impression (which might be wrong) was that a Charlton fan outside shouted first, a Gillingham fan or two replied and then someone in our stand shouted as well.

Those toilets were probably the best thing about the away end, quite modern and hot water too, braindead to trash them
  • Options
    Joe Aribo is on another level.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    LouisMend said:
    Love some of the quotes from that link!!

You have to remember, I watch training every single day. That’s where a lot of these players get judged. Especially the ones that are part of the squad or a sub on matchdays.

Something we all have to remember when we moan about matchday selections!!
    Yeah I mean it's been clear for a while that Bowyer doesn't fancy Marshall and that there are issues with Fosu. My concern is, on his day, Fosu is a match winner. It's entirely possible that things are so broken down with him that it's now irreparable. But come the playoffs, if we're chasing a goal he could be a good option from the bench. 

I'm less concerned about who starts. I think Lapslie and Morgan deserve run outs. But we've got two really important matches coming up. I know I'd rather have Fosu on the bench than Pratley. They're different types of players obviously but I don't think Pratley brings much whereas we know what Fosu is capable of on his day. Freezing Fosu out hasn't worked, maybe it's time for a carrot. 

Again, I say all this without seeing training and without knowing what goes on behind the scenes  
    Fosu hasn't been a match winner since his hat-trick at Fleetwood. Used to be a player there but now he's a waste of space. I wouldn't want a bad attitude anywhere near this squad.
  • Options
    Play off final loss heading our way , prepare yourselves at least we can say we went to the new Wembley 

palace safe
    scum safe
    liverpool prem league champions 
    spurs champions league winners 

footballing gods hate us 

what did did we ever do wrong 

we committed the biggest crime today , smashing up toilets ffs if you’ve ever needed an eartha kitt and you can’t find a bog you’ll know what I mean, shitting in the street is soul destroying 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Easy win with no new injuries. Would be good to get 4th but we are playing well and won't be afraid of anyone in the play offs. Luton might even be in the play offs who would've thought that a few weeks ago
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:
    LouisMend said:

You have to remember, I watch training every single day. That’s where a lot of these players get judged. Especially the ones that are part of the squad or a sub on matchdays.

Yeah I mean it's been clear for a while that Bowyer doesn't fancy Marshall and that there are issues with Fosu. My concern is, on his day, Fosu is a match winner. It's entirely possible that things are so broken down with him that it's now irreparable. But come the playoffs, if we're chasing a goal he could be a good option from the bench. 

I'm less concerned about who starts. I think Lapslie and Morgan deserve run outs. But we've got two really important matches coming up. I know I'd rather have Fosu on the bench than Pratley. They're different types of players obviously but I don't think Pratley brings much whereas we know what Fosu is capable of on his day. Freezing Fosu out hasn't worked, maybe it's time for a carrot. 

Again, I say all this without seeing training and without knowing what goes on behind the scenes  
    Fosu hasn't been a match winner since his hat-trick at Fleetwood. Used to be a player there but now he's a waste of space. I wouldn't want a bad attitude anywhere near this squad.
    Wouldn't agree with this bit as he slaughtered Northampton last season when he scored two goals

Definitely feels like he has a bad attitude though if he's not even bothering to impress during training and dont blame Bowyer for leaving him out

Else what sort of message does that send the rest of the players?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SO, LET ME START AGAIN...... THE FIRST POST I HAVE MADE THIS SEASON, I HAVE BEEN KEEPING MY POWDER DRY.......  Toilets been smashed up and chairs ripped out. What's the point? - Moutakill. WHAT IS THE POINT INDEED, WHEN OUR NATIONAL GAME AND HERITAGE HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO THIS LEVEL?  FOREIGN PROPERTY SPECULATORS, TAX DODGERS, CRIMINALS AND SPIVS DEEMED FIT AND PROPER TO DESTROY CLUB FOOTBALL.... LEEDS, WEST HAM, BLACKPOOL, CHARLTON, AND NOW BOLTON........... AND THOSE ARE JUST OFF THE CUFF! BOLTON FIRST TEAMERS STRUGGLING ON A "LOW INCOME", AND HAVEN'T BEEN PAID?  DUCKSHITALLEY TRYING TO TELL THE EFL HOW TO RUN THINGS? LONDON TAXPAYERS MONEY FUNDING THE TENURE OF WEST HAM AT A STADIUM PAID FOR BY ALL OF YOU? AS MY "TAG" IMPLIES....... WRIGHT, CURTISS, KINSEY, CAMPBELL etc..... PRE-THATCHERITE, PRE-EUROPEAN UNION, PRE-SKY, PRE-BLATTER. TOLERANT OF BREMNER, HUNTER, RON HARRIS, AND POSSIBLY EVEN "SIR" TREVOR BROOKING. ALL GONE NOW............ IS "PLASTIC FOOTBALL" DESTROYING OUR PLANET? BECKS & SPICE?
    Caps lock on?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Play off final loss heading our way , prepare yourselves at least we can say we went to the new Wembley 

palace safe
    scum safe

footballing gods hate us 

we committed the biggest crime today , smashing up toilets ffs if you’ve ever needed an eartha kitt and you can’t find a bog you’ll know what I mean, shitting in the street is soul destroying 
    I used to really enjoy your posts on here, but you're taking the depression to new levels! 
    You’ve obviously never had a shit on the street then!
  • Options
    Croydon said:

palace safe
    scum safe

footballing gods hate us 

I used to really enjoy your posts on here, but you're taking the depression to new levels! 
    You’ve obviously never had a shit on the street then!
    And I thought it was your dog.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    It is sad these morons embarrass us. Sadly it reflects society and we have to remember that thankfully they are a minority. Hopefully they can be identified and banned.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    First things first - the match was boring and we were in charge at all times. Gills were on holiday already.

the minutes silence was broken by a guy outside. Definitely. 
    Response came from Gills fans was embarrassing but some of our “fans” retaliated to that. One in particular.  If you’re reading you’re a cockwomble!

i went to the pub (Fleur de Lys) before and after and whilst most of it was good natured and harmless there were a few bellends present.  One who thought it acceptable to stand on the pool table and punch the pool-table lights. One who tried many times to flip the pool table over - he eventually succeeded (with some help) and is lucky nobody got hurt. He promptly left the pub.

the landlady was rather upset with it all - it’s her home after all. I found it all pretty distasteful.

i cannot fathom what goes through these knucklescrapers feeble minds

on to the Rochdale game. 4 games 4 wins please lads 
    Sorry but the guy was inside the ground stood  not far behind us. It was a Charlton fan shouting from the back of the upper stand who broke the minute’s silence. A few other people have also confirmed it. He was stood near me unfortunately.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:
    LouisMend said:

Wouldn't agree with this bit as he slaughtered Northampton last season when he scored two goals

Definitely feels like he has a bad attitude though if he's not even bothering to impress during training and dont blame Bowyer for leaving him out

Works both ways. He is only young & Bowyer is the old(er) head. It might be the Fosu it not "impressing" in training as he knows it's a fait accompli & LB won't change his mind. Maybe a boost of confidence is needed rather than sending him to Coventry. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:
    LouisMend said:

Works both ways. He is only young & Bowyer is the old(er) head. It might be the Fosu it not "impressing" in training as he knows it's a fait accompli & LB won't change his mind.

Maybe a boost of confidence is needed rather than sending him to Coventry. 
    But, Golfie .... do you actually know that Fosu's been sent to Coventry?

• Options
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:
    LouisMend said:

Works both ways. He is only young & Bowyer is the old(er) head. It might be the Fosu it not "impressing" in training as he knows it's a fait accompli & LB won't change his mind. Maybe a boost of confidence is needed rather than sending him to Coventry. 
    Thats very true too but we dont know the conversations that Lee has had with Tariqe

i.e. there could have been a few meetings this season where Bowyer has said he's going to give Tariqe another shot and wonder if on the most recent he's offered him the opportunity yet in addition with the warning that he was on his last chance, if that hasnt been taken along with a poor attitude in training then you'd understand Bowyer all but giving up with this latest statement being an attempt at getting a response from both players so he goes into the Play-Offs with as many options as possible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the match.
    Considering that we rested a few of our main players  ( quite rightly imo )
    We played brilliant .
    The three players who come in for a bit of stick on here.
    Purrington 
    Pearce 
    Pratley 
    All performed very well and showed that we do have some strength in depth.
    All in all a very professional performance and onwards we go.
    Only downside the pricks who decided to smash up the toilets. 
    It's not funny 
    It's not clever 
    It's not hard just grow up you pricks .
    Spot on.
  • Options
    The usual twattish behaviour you get at local away matches, but on the pitch an excellent performance, there was a real gulf in class between the 2 teams today

Special mention to Purrington who didn't look out of place in a more advanced wing back role but also was defensively solid, while Pratley was excellent today, really beasting the centre midfield probably the best he's played for us. Cullen played very well in a more advanced role than normal, he should have had a second goal though, missing a complete sitter. Pearce was a rock in the center of the back 3, while Igor worked really hard and did the full 90

Aribo though was MOTM, he was a different wavelength to the Gillingham players, the way he could control the ball, lose a marker and create dangerous situations. The Cullen sitter was started by Aribo near our corner flag and finished with him putting over a perfect cross.
    Reminds me of Colin Powell's part in a certain Killer's goal of the season.
  • Options
    That first goal did come from an excellent kick by Dillon to Purrington, didn't it?
  • Options
    I think we need to forget about Fosu and leave it to Bowyer. We dont know what has happened and sometimes it is best not to. If for instance, Fosu has said he doesn't want to play for us again, Bowyer may be protecting him. We don't know, but we have a more than decent side and our focus has to  be on the lads who are going to take us up.
  • Options
    Hate to whinge after a good win, but that ‘allez allez allez’ song is absolutely shite. 
  • Options
    As some one who is in law enforcement, if you have any information, or images on your phones of the damage to the toilets, the lout who shouted out, or rascist behaviour, please pass it on to Crimestoppers, or the EFL. 
    I WANT THIS SCUM OUT OF MY CLUB!!!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Hate to whinge after a good win, but that ‘allez allez allez’ song is absolutely shite. 

yeah, lets get back to 'red army' or 'something tells me Im into something good'.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    cafctom said:
    Behave.....do you prefer ‘red army’ (clap clap)

dire ground, poor game but my daughters first away game and she loved it.

was in the Fleur De Lis before the game, mainly good natured in there.

no idea why there were so many police there today, literally everywhere on the way back to the station