Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham 0 Charlton 2 - 27/04/19 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    One bloke threw a bottle from his seat at the steward, and it hit him. He then had the audacity to resist being kicked out the ground as they had spotted him doing it. 
  • Options
    I know security will be tighter but imagine Wembley will attract a few idiots like what you see @ Gillingham each year

Despite being confident that we can sell 40,000 tickets if we reach the Play-Off Final I'll still question how many are true Charlton fans
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    cafctom said:
    Hate to whinge after a good win, but that ‘allez allez allez’ song is absolutely shite. 
    Agreed- truly dreadful lyrics and massively over-sung 
    It’s a great song :-)
  • Options
    if i remember correctly when the tickets for this match became available quite a few on here were saying they were buying tickets for millwall, west ham, tottenham etc supporting mates. now i'm not suggesting they were behind the troubles that happened during and after the game but to me it certainly comes across as a bit of a coincidence. 

i mean if millwall can make out it was west ham fans then why cant we? 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    One bloke threw a bottle from his seat at the steward, and it hit him. He then had the audacity to resist being kicked out the ground as they had spotted him doing it.

That idiot was right in front of me an absolute mug. He couldn't handle a fee shandies 
  • Options
    It is sad these morons embarrass us. Sadly it reflects society and we have to remember that thankfully they are a minority. Hopefully they can be identified and banned.

The same morons who damaged the toilets at Selhurst park and then 30 odd cars in a surrounding Road, after the match ?
    Some residents thought it was a BNP march, as they were mainly immigrants and folk not born in this Country.
    This became a small story in the local paper compared to the Eagle being attacked which was a national story.

I love genuine banter, (guilty as charged about caravan central)  competitive rivalries, but there is a line and it's being crossed. 
  • Options
    if i remember correctly when the tickets for this match became available quite a few on here were saying they were buying tickets for millwall, west ham, tottenham etc supporting mates. now i'm not suggesting they were behind the troubles that happened during and after the game but to me it certainly comes across as a bit of a coincidence. 

i mean if millwall can make out it was west ham fans then why cant we? 
    I’m pretty sure that was a joke that someone started and people continued.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    There’s a report on Facebook that the Fleur De Lis pub in Gillingham got trashed, also. <shakes head>
    That pub literally couldn't get any worse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Why didn't anyone start an away day bingo thread for this game?

We've had 'embarrassed to be Charlton fan' about 5 times now.
  • Options
    Back to the football:

I can only judge on what I see and Pratley looks very limited. On all accounts he had a decent game yesterday but surely against the likes of Sunderland, Portsmouth, Luton, Barnsley or Doncaster he is an accident waiting to happen ?
    He will only be used as a sub to replace Williams,Reeves or Bielik but he is one late tackle away from a red Card.

I only encourage who ever wears the shirt but I'm struggling to see what Darren Pratley brings to the side ?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Charlton fans - digging out other Charlton fans since 1905
    Yes and I'll keep digging them out if they sing racist songs and trash pubs. And so should you.
  • Options
    Sunderland have only won once in their last five games. We can take them, doesn't matter the size of the club, or the size of the ground, or the attendance. They're not a great side. 
  • Options
    Back to the football:

I can only judge on what I see and Pratley looks very limited. On all accounts he had a decent game yesterday but surely against the likes of Sunderland, Portsmouth, Luton, Barnsley or Doncaster he is an accident waiting to happen ?
    He will only be used as a sub to replace Williams,Reeves or Bielik but he is one late tackle away from a red Card.

I only encourage who ever wears the shirt but I'm struggling to see what Darren Pratley brings to the side ?
    He had a good game yesterday tbf.
    That's my point, I just don't think he can  against our play-off rivals but if he gets on I will hold my breath and support him.
  • Options
    Don't worry, LB is only playing him so that Beliek & Bauer can be rested. When those 2 are back then being on the bench is the closest he'll come. 
  • Options
    Back to the football:

He brought a physical presence to our midfield yesterday, winning a lot of challenges on the ground and in the air, it was a good match for him as Gillingham's midfield was quite stodgy. Cullen was able to get forward a lot more as a result

Maybe next season he'll play more at CB if we're still in L1 where his lack of pace is less of an  issue
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Pratley's an experienced pro who we've got a year too late.

He was class but no longer has the legs to compete for 90 mins in meaningful games IE not yesterday.

But coming off the bench to give someone a rest or to sure up the defence with his height and tackling he does a job.

With Beilik, Lapslien and Pearce we have other options anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Leuth said:
    My one away was Wycombe and the atmosphere there was electric - the balance was just about OK as I guess we have no historical trouble with Wycombe, but there's definitely a line between ardent vocal support and macho posturing, and we certainly seem to skirt that line. No different from any football crowd I guess, and better loud than quiet...
    I went to Wycombe and the atmosphere was brilliant. There were considerably more arseholes yesterday.  Much of the behaviour was good humoured if childish, but wanton vandalism and some of the other stuff that is reported are simply not on. Trying to shake a temporary structure to pieces whilst standing in it is moronic and pretty unsettling for others around. I was quite pleased to be out of there. 
    Also whilst junping around shaking the tenporary structure they were singing were gonna die in a minute, die in a minute

WTF is wrong with these people @kellycafc spent most of the game worrying about her safety more than the game cos of these idiots
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Yes and I'll keep digging them out if they sing racist songs and trash pubs. And so should you.
    Off_it said:
    And long may it last when moronic actions and vandalism is involved. 
    People are moaning about song choice, people having a beer, people singing, etc.

And the old "they're not real fans ....." line has come out more than once if someone did something another person didn't like.

It's almost as embarrassing as idiots smashing up toilets. 
  • Options
    Think there is an element of overplaying here. From what I saw the bulk of it was youngsters simply being a bit excitable. Isolated stuff like the toilets smashing (from what I saw at the end of half time it was one bit of piping) is just plain stupid and I’ll never understand that. It’s a strange day out this one and having been in the area from lunchtime to 10pm, outside of the ground I only saw one Gills fan in that whole time. 

Appears I was wrong about the shouter, from where I was at the front it certainly sounded like it was outside the ground. Personally I was surprised and relieved it wasn’t more (unintentionally) disrupted; there is zero organisation in that away end, hundreds were still coming in late and not everyone listens to the tannoy. Put in context though it was one idiot out of 2,400 and from what has been said they were quickly made clear they were wrong.

On the pitch, quite a few of theirs looked like they were going through the motions. We dominated and should have had more. Aribo again looking a level above this. Very comfortable victory.
    No over playing at all.

Even if it was 1 pipe its 1 pipe to many.

Not to mention a pool table in a pub being thrown over, the fans trying to smash the flood light, racist chanting in a pub, plus other incidents(including 3 kids about 14/15 drinking beers at the station after the game)

That is not why real football fans go to football, we go to enjoy the 90 minutes of actual football.

If it was Millwall we would all be on here saying typical millwall and therr thugish fans, so we should all be doing the same for our fans and now downplaying it like you are
  • Options
    There it is again "real football fans".
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    There it is again "real football fans".
    These idiots spent the whole 2nd half messing around, breaking signs, throwing parts of chairs, trying to break floodlights, singing were gonna die in a minute.

Ther were not watching the game.

So how can they be real football fans???
  • Options
    And don't forget one incident even involved people drinking beer .....
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    And long may it last when moronic actions and vandalism is involved. 
    People are moaning about song choice, people having a beer, people singing, etc.

And the old "they're not real fans ....." line has come out more than once if someone did something another person didn't like.

It's almost as embarrassing as idiots smashing up toilets. 
    No problem with banter at all. Just vandalism whether in football grounds or pubs or cars parked in local roads. 
    Low life toss pots. Don't care who they support.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Sunderland have only won once in their last five games. We can take them, doesn't matter the size of the club, or the size of the ground, or the attendance. They're not a great side. 
    Wish I had your confidence, James.  Sunderland have lost just three league games this season.  We have lost ten.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    And don't forget one incident even involved people drinking beer .....
    If you can't see the difference between singing and chanting and vandalism you have a problem.