Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham 0 Charlton 2 - 27/04/19 POST MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    "Red Army" was shouted by a Charlton fan during the minutes silence - he was most definitely outside the ground and had no idea the silence was going on. A few Gills fans then decided to show their anger at the silence being broken by.... Breaking the silence themselves - go figure
    The Charlton fan that shouted during the minute’s silence wasn’t outside the ground. He was a few rows behind me near the back of the upper stand and nearly started a fight between supporters. Utterly despicable behaviour and totally disprespectful. I left the game half way through the second half as my ten year old son was getting fed up with some of the tanked up idiots behind us. Other than that a comfortable performance where we kept our foot off the pedal to save energy for some more important fixtures to come. Aribo had a good game.
  • Options
    Toilets been smashed up and chairs ripped up. What's the point?
    Because it shows how hard we are.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Senpai said:
    "Red Army" was shouted by a Charlton fan during the minutes silence - he was most definitely outside the ground and had no idea the silence was going on. A few Gills fans then decided to show their anger at the silence being broken by.... Breaking the silence themselves - go figure
    The Charlton fan that shouted during the minute’s silence wasn’t outside the ground. He was a few rows behind me near the back of the upper stand and nearly started a fight between supporters. Utterly despicable behaviour and totally disprespectful. I left the game half way through the second half as my ten year old son was getting fed up with some of the tanked up idiots behind us. Other than that a comfortable performance where we kept our foot off the pedal to save energy for some more important fixtures to come. Aribo had a good game.
    I couldn't believe the irony of the shout of 'pikeys' from a Gills fan in response to it. Amazing.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    *tries really hard to not rise to Irving's bait*

DAMN YOU, IRVING
    Look we have to admit Sarr's free kick was well below the standard of a player of his quality. Maybe it is time he should be dropped. 
  • Options
    Senpai said:

I stand corrected. There were some complete tools at the back - large group proudly displaying the fruits of their destruction
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    LouisMend said:
    Love some of the quotes from that link!!

You have to remember, I watch training every single day. That’s where a lot of these players get judged. Especially the ones that are part of the squad or a sub on matchdays.

Something we all have to remember when we moan about matchday selections!!
    Yeah I mean it's been clear for a while that Bowyer doesn't fancy Marshall and that there are issues with Fosu. My concern is, on his day, Fosu is a match winner. It's entirely possible that things are so broken down with him that it's now irreparable. But come the playoffs, if we're chasing a goal he could be a good option from the bench. 

I'm less concerned about who starts. I think Lapslie and Morgan deserve run outs. But we've got two really important matches coming up. I know I'd rather have Fosu on the bench than Pratley. They're different types of players obviously but I don't think Pratley brings much whereas we know what Fosu is capable of on his day. Freezing Fosu out hasn't worked, maybe it's time for a carrot. 

Again, I say all this without seeing training and without knowing what goes on behind the scenes  
    Obviously hasn't worked. We've been shit without him.

• Options
    There’s a report on Facebook that the Fleur De Lis pub in Gillingham got trashed, also. <shakes head>
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Second best defence in the league now. But Philips isn't good enough.
    Just a tad late to do anything about that for the rest of the season. 
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
      Arseholes about the toilets.  
    I think that's the idea. 
  • Options
    What formation did we play and who played where? Bowyer mentioned “the back three” on the OS.
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    LouisMend said:
    Fosu has been such a disappointment this season, just has not done it and I don't blame LB not picking him. No room for passengers especially as the squad have performed so well throughout.
    Better than Parker though
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Seriously? We're not Real Madrid or Liverpool, we're a third-tier team and not about to sign the likes of David De Gea are we?  I  think Dillon has been excellent for some time  I suggest you check out the clean sheets!
    What?
  • Options
    Sad to read about the vandalism, what's the fxxking point!!! Also seems that during the minutes silence it was a Charlton supporter (and I use that word loosely) who shouted out, what a complete bell-end. 
    As for the game it sounded as though we were on top from the off and maybe didnt get out of first gear, however another good away win and keeps the momentum going. No injuries either it would appear and 2 prominent players rested. All in all a good day apart from the incidents above.
    AFKA said earlier that the person shouting during minutes silence was outside the ground and unlikely they knew it was a minutes silence.
    In that case I apologise. I was going off the commentary on Valley Pass.
    It was a few Gills fans that shouted out. A Charlton fan shouted after. He may have been outside. 
    I only heard Gills fans shouting at him after our moron broke the silence.

He was not outside the ground - he was half a dozen rows behind me.

Back to the game. Routine performance, never out of second gear. Aribo is class, Naby a legend in the making.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Seriously? We're not Real Madrid or Liverpool, we're a third-tier team and not about to sign the likes of David De Gea are we?  I  think Dillon has been excellent for some time  I suggest you check out the clean sheets!
    I think he was joking?
  • Options
    Big problem for Bowyer now.

Clearly Pearce has to start but does Bauer or Bielik play alongside him?

Otherwise seemed a comfortable win in the A2 derby.

Pratley's masterful anchoring of the midfield released Aribo and Cullen to attack and score.

On to Rochdale.

Charlton v Doncaster final. You heard it here first.
    Still suffering from premature Sarrvaluation? :)
  • Options
    Good sign when we don't even have to get out of second gear to complete a comfortable win. Not only that but when you consider that Taylor and Bauer didn't play, and we sent on Ali Dia Josh Parker to really take the mick it makes it even better. That being said, part of it was probably down to Gillingham being pretty toothless.
  • Options
    Good win. Now can we sort these contracts sales out Roly?
    fixed that for you, as they say.  :wink:
  • Options
    Bloke who started shouting during the minute silent was directly in front of me. He knew what he was doing. No excuses for that behaviour. I doubt he had been to a single Charlton game this season.
  • Options
    Senpai said:
    I thought he was in the stand too, and whilst it was unacceptable, someone at the Gills end had shouted out first and our fan was replying in answer. 
    Don’t get why the toilets were trashed - that’s just bloody pointless and very juvenile - but then again that’s how some people get when on the piss. Not our finest hour. 
    The stand is awful and the burgers probably warranted singing “Goodnight Horse” - disgusting and the worst hospitality possible. 
    My first visit to Priestfields and hope I don’t have to return - although living in Rochester it was easiest travel to a game possible!  Their ground is terrible and the quality of their football even worse. 

• Options
    Bloke who started shouting during the minute silent was directly in front of me. He knew what he was doing. No excuses for that behaviour. I doubt he had been to a single Charlton game this season.
    We have a small number of utterly moronic fans; sadly enough to stop my father going to away games 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    wmcf123 said:
    addick05 said:
    LouisMend said:
    Fosu has been such a disappointment this season, just has not done it and I don't blame LB not picking him. No room for passengers especially as the squad have performed so well throughout.
    Better than Parker though
    Precisely. Would have been better giving Fosu some game time & getting him back into the fold than playing Parker. I know who I'd prefer running at defences......and it's not the  bloke who trod on the ball with no-one around him this afternoon.