Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Off Final Ticket Information

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else sitting in block 137? 
    Mostly Millwall and Portsmouth fans.
    That would be just my luck!
    I'm in 137 with my sister and nephew (proper addicks) slight anxiety when noticed Villa site said it was the ratio of one adult to one child but Portsmouth's said two adults to one child.  Guess it depends on the event and it wouldn't of let me purchase if was a problem. As I said on the other thread next to the singing bit so hopefully good atmosphere
  • Options
    Tickets sorted yesterday no problem. I’ve had a few calls from people who haven’t called me for yonks or who haven’t been to a game for years desperately wanting me to buy them tickets. I’ve told them to try themselves on Monday general sale. Harsh but there you go. 
    General sale starts Thursday doesn't it? Thought Monday was for members only.
    Members prior to 17th May is on Monday that’s correct. Thursday is general sale
  • Options
    Tickets sorted yesterday no problem. I’ve had a few calls from people who haven’t called me for yonks or who haven’t been to a game for years desperately wanting me to buy them tickets. I’ve told them to try themselves on Monday general sale. Harsh but there you go. 
    Isn’t general sale Thursday?
  • Options
    It is. Tomorrow is for supporters registered on the clubs database before 17th May. 
  • Options
    It is. Tomorrow is for supporters registered on the clubs database before 17th May. 
    And up to 6 tickets each...
  • Options
    More importantly, how far back does the club’s database go?
  • Options
    When was the red card scheme launched 
  • Options
    Yep. My bad. I just relented and bought two for a mate. He owns my favourite Chinese restaurant..........I’m a bad man.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1905 but some of the older ones haven’t been along for a while now for some reason and they’re not responding to attempts to contact them
    @blackpool72 has still got his original membership card.
  • Options
    Don't think I ever saw my red card. Probably got binned the same day it arrived being a ST holder I never saw any use for it.
  • Options
    Yep. My bad. I just relented and bought two for a mate. He owns my favourite Chinese restaurant..........I’m a bad man.  
    He’ll be wanting more in half an hour.
  • Options
    Don't think I ever saw my red card. Probably got binned the same day it arrived being a ST holder I never saw any use for it.
    And I’m sure others are the same, it essentially is the reference attached to your season ticket. However as mentioned in the voice of the valley I think, previously from the introduction of the red card scheme, and changes to the ticket database generally since have uncovered duplicated records for some and incomplete for others - generally a mess.

last season I found out the club had essentially made a duplicate record for me, splitting my attendance that season over at least two, possibly three id’s.

this season, when it matters, people are encountering issues with it (not moaning), which aren’t fixable when the lines are busy and the ticket office rightly have other priorities, however this is causing people to not be able to log on or where they’d be expecting to buy in first phases not being able to - this doesn’t appear to be an isolated issue.
  • Options
    How do you buy tickets ? We’ve already got ours but I was on the club site and thought I’d check to see how sales were going and the only link that seems to work is one for match day travel
  • Options
    How do you buy tickets ? We’ve already got ours but I was on the club site and thought I’d check to see how sales were going and the only link that seems to work is one for match day travel
    It’s on the home ticket section 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    And I’m sure others are the same, it essentially is the reference attached to your season ticket. However as mentioned in the voice of the valley I think, previously from the introduction of the red card scheme, and changes to the ticket database generally since have uncovered duplicated records for some and incomplete for others - generally a mess.

last season I found out the club had essentially made a duplicate record for me, splitting my attendance that season over at least two, possibly three id’s.

this season, when it matters, people are encountering issues with it (not moaning), which aren’t fixable when the lines are busy and the ticket office rightly have other priorities, however this is causing people to not be able to log on or where they’d be expecting to buy in first phases not being able to - this doesn’t appear to be an isolated issue.
    My dad has this issue. He has a linked account to his dad and brother and renewed all of their st’s on their behalf through this. His ‘fan number’ for this starts with a 4. When he logged on yesterday to buy tickets despite having his and his dad/brothers st’s listed for this season and next he had a greyed out button. 
    My ‘fan number’ starts with a 1 and converted from the old CON number. I asked him for his con number, which was one up from mine and asked him to log in using that. He had to reset his password but he got in and again it was linked to me, his dad and brother and some other friend and it had the ability to add tickets but only 4. Turns out only needed 4 as my grandad isn’t coming at 93 due to logistics of trying to get him there and back. Dad was struggling to find 4 together in level 1 seats, so I logged in as him and found 3 seats in a row and 1 single seat 2 seats along and bought them. I’m sure the 2 people will be able to shuffle up a bit so we can be together but at least it’s  done. So he essentially has at least 2 fan numbers. 

I totally appreciate the ticket anxiety going on as yesterday was v stressful between the system, the phone line not working all day, my dads confusion of the map of tickets and trying to work out if my grandad could make it. As well as asking round mates and other family to see if everyone was sorted before we purchased if we needed to get any more and realising they’d already sorted themselves out which added to the frustration! 

My dad admits he should have spoken to the club when he struggled to purchase the semi final tickets but he admits, as did I, to sort it out in anticipation of getting to the final would have tempted fate and he wasn’t prepared to do it for fear of putting a bok on it.  

I’d love to get hold of that website database and all the duplicate memberships and merge them all on behalf of customers. How satisfying would that be. 

• Options
    Need to wait till 9am tomorrow to get mine. I presume there will be some left?!

4 tickets per season ticket holder is a lot, especially when I’m seeing spurs and arsenal fans going already. 
    Seats are getting a bit sparse in the lower tiers at the moment

In the upper tiers though you've got upwards of 500 tickets available per block
  • Options
    Personally I thought 4 per st holder was a bit excessive, but I can understand why they did it. If there was more time to turn ticket sales around, they would have phased things differently 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

4 tickets per season ticket holder is a lot, especially when I’m seeing spurs and arsenal fans going already. 
    As I said before will be a day out feel to the lower tier sections. Good or bad who knows. Feels like the Doncaster game was the big game and Wembley the prize to share with friends and family. 
  • Options

What's the situation like with the 80 pound tickets?
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Handfuls left

Block 228: 2 Family Tickets
    Block 123: 6 Family Tickets
    Block 124: 16 Family Tickets
    Block 143 (Right next to the Dugout): 2 single tickets | 6 Family Tickets

Is a similar case with the £62 and £56 tickets as well

Edit: Just seen those two seats in 143 are £62 because they're close to the front
  • Options

Handfuls left

Edit: Just seen those two seats in 143 are £62 because they're close to the front
    Cheers FA...probably end up in the gods....if not the pub.
  • Options

Handfuls left

Cheers FA...probably end up in the gods....if not the pub.
    Yeah the gods are the only serious tier left... Just looking behind the goal and there are less than 20-seats per block now

Again a good few of those will be family tickets - Seems a bit overkill the amount that are available like that
  • Options
    Personally I thought 4 per st holder was a bit excessive, but I can understand why they did it. If there was more time to turn ticket sales around, they would have phased things differently 
    I think it was four per ST last time we got to the Playoff Final against some team from up north. Not saying it’s the right amount but there’s precedent. 

Either way, everyone will get one that really wants one. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    That’s what I thought but the only link that works on my iPhone when i select charlton v Sunderland is the one for matchday travel. If that’s happening to those still looking to buy tickets then I can understand the frustration 
  • Options
    Just checked and there are still thousands left.
    OK, some are up high, and many areas are down to single seats, but I'm confident that 99% who want a ticket for the match will get one.

7000 (?) ST holders could buy 4, but that won't make 28000 because many groups of 4 are all ST holders anyway. It is right (IMO) that ST/loyalty/VG should be rewarded with first bite of the cherry and be seated together, so what else could CAFC do ?
  • Options
    I think reserve panic till tomorrow as I think everyone will be fine. ST holders buying so many will be used for people like me and my lot who would otherwise have been in the general sale category.

People will have bought too many as well and spares will be floating around.

Yes there will be non-Charlton there but there always will be, in order for us to sell 37k. There were plenty at the valley Fri night. And if they’re like the ones I know, they do come to Charlton games occasionally.
  • Options
    That’s what I thought but the only link that works on my iPhone when i select charlton v Sunderland is the one for matchday travel. If that’s happening to those still looking to buy tickets then I can understand the frustration 
    That means they probably haven’t got enough points