Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What to do if your tickets don't arrive

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone know if you can forward the email to someone to print for you??
    You could, but why not just scan your phone at the turnstile ?
    Honestly?  I’m just crap with technology.
    If you have your ticket displayed on your phone you just scan it exactly the same as if you print it off & scan it.
    Anyway, you're sorted & I'm only trying to help. Enjoy.
  • Options
    So I’ve just phoned again. Despite getting an email saying I was on the email list and then being told yesterday when I phoned that I was 100% on it, I’m NOT. 

The lady said that all the lists were compiled and emailed through to the e-ticket department: they have messed up their end so I won’t be getting an email. She has changed the transaction to collect at Wembley now.

I asked what was the point of me phoning up and getting on the list if they have done nothing with it. If I do get emailed the ticket it may not work I was told.

Fcking shambles

She said no more e-tickets will be sent  
  • Options
    msomerton said:
     I will not blame the club staff, as they are dealing with which ever ticket sales company  Wembly stadium use. So are constrained by there proceedures.
    I don't blame club staff for any problems but it's not a Wembley Stadium issue as Sunderland are selling via Ticketmaster. Charlton appear to have outsourced it to someone else.
    This time it is Ticket Zone in Devon handling it.
    Somebody is also making a lot of money from the phone call connections even if you do not get to talk to someone.
  • Options
    In these days of QR codes there isn't really any need to issue tickets. I appreciate that not everybody is able to print at home, but no reason why you need to print -and you can just use off your phone. There are loads of high street print shops that will print you a copy and little cost, or you can always use a library. If you add a facility where people can elect to have a ticket posted to them at an additional cost - then you have something that saves you time and money and everybody gets their tickets without undue fuss.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2019
    Got through. :) I have some tickets sent to me but no QR codes on them. Back in the queue...…… :/ 12pm queue full :neutral:

I just read Rob Roy - does that mean  - I have to go to Wembley to pick the tickets up / if so where / what time and is there going to be a massive queue ? 

The pain goes on - :s 

12.37 queue full
  • Options
    I suspect there have been several issues with tickets. I made three different orders and only one arrived. I contacted ticketzone direct and they informed me that all three orders had been processed and posted.
    So they are either mistaken or two letters have been lost in the post and I think the latter is very unlikely. The missing orders were made last Saturday, before the one that did arrive.

I have tried to call more times than I can count and I suspect(and I hope I'm wrong)there will be very long queues of people waiting to collect tickets tomorrow.

Shame, as this has really taken the shine off the big day for a lot of people.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    This sounds terrible...how to kill a special moment for some people, hope it gets sorted at SOME point today  :|
  • Options
    Still no e-ticket, so phoned again and surprisingly got through after about only ten attempts. The lady I spoke to was very apologetic and said that there have been a "large number" of e-ticket emails that weren't sent out due to some sort of clerical error. I managed to count to ten and not have a dig at the operative on the phone as it not her fault personally. The tickets are for a mate of mine and his young son, so fortunately I don't have to go with him to collect the tickets - he can just show the email they are supposedly going to send plus his ID/card used for payment to collect them - but this whole fiasco has just added unnecessary stress to the whole event and is an utter fiasco.

Thanks Roland/Cahones/whoever for managing to suck the enjoyment out of what should've been a great day.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can forward the email to someone to print for you??
    You could, but why not just scan your phone at the turnstile ?
    Honestly?  I’m just crap with technology.
    If you have your ticket displayed on your phone you just scan it exactly the same as if you print it off & scan it.
    Anyway, you're sorted & I'm only trying to help. Enjoy.
    I might have to do this because I’ve printed em in portrait and it says they must be printed in landscape lol
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    You should be ok as long as the QR code is on them. lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:
    So I’ve just phoned again. Despite getting an email saying I was on the email list and then being told yesterday when I phoned that I was 100% on it, I’m NOT. 

The lady said that all the lists were compiled and emailed through to the e-ticket department: they have messed up their end so I won’t be getting an email. She has changed the transaction to collect at Wembley now.

I asked what was the point of me phoning up and getting on the list if they have done nothing with it. If I do get emailed the ticket it may not work I was told.

Fcking shambles

She said no more e-tickets will be sent  
    Just been told the same. Utter f*cking fiasco.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I asked to get put on the email ticket list on Thursday evening, still no sign of the email. 
    If I were you @CAFCTrev get on the phone again to them - no more e-tickets being sent out (even if you'd been assured that you were on the list). Someone has cocked this up massively and loads of emails on the list were not sent. You'll need to collect from Wembley in person. 
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2019

12.47pm - call queue full :|

This is not a good customer experience :(
  • Options
    To be fair, the club's print at home facility is excellent. As an ex season ticket holder. I always use this and it works a treat. Have even tried getting in once with pdf on phone - with print out to hand if needed - and it worked. 
  • Options
    You should be ok as long as the QR code is on them. lol
    Can’t see a QR code, can see a ticket code and order number 
  • Options
    Wonder what lies CAFC will come out with to try and cover this one up. It's beyond belief that such a simple task is cocked up in such a major way.
  • Options
    It was all so much easier collecting tickets at the ground.
  • Options
    I know this is no help to people waiting for tickets but........

Just been on Sunderland ready to go forum and there is a lot of moaning about ticketmaster as in made three orders charged five times, no tickets arrived etc, so it's not just Charlton having problems.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2019
    Got through and advised to collect tickets at Wembley. 

Staff on phone, are nice enough though one earlier told me that they are not that busy and you should be able to get through easily :D 

Club on the OS now needs to update and share where the tickets can be picked up from - what Wembley ticket office - when the ticket office is opening and general advice on what time to pick the tickets up from. Apparently there will be Charlton ticket office representatives there. 

Military precision arrangements of meeting everyone - now to be rearranged - it would be helpful to know when the tickets can be picked up from, so I can start that process.

I am sure that it shouldn't be this complicated.
  • Options
    vff said:

Staff on phone, are nice enough though one earlier told me that they are not that busy and you should be able to get through easily :D 

Club on the OS now needs to update and share where the tickets can be picked up from - what Wembley ticket office - when the ticket office is opening and general advice on what time to pick the tickets up from. Apparently there will be Charlton ticket office representatives there. 

Military precision arrangements of meeting everyone - now to be rearranged - it would be helpful to know when the tickets can be picked up from, so I can start that process.

I was told 11:30 west stand ticket office 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My old man queued for 8 hours on a Sunday back in 98 and they did beer runs throughout the day, said it was much easier, better and was actually a good day.
  • Options
    The QR code is the square thing with lots of random dots on it in case anybody doesn't know. I would imagine getting in will involve putting that code under the reader at the turnstyle, similar to the Valley!
  • Options
    My old man queued for 8 hours on a Sunday back in 98 and they did beer runs throughout the day, said it was much easier, better and was actually a good day.
    Was a great day. My dad had 17 STs with him and got tickets for everyone. Think he handed over the best part of a grand for tickets.

Feel for those struggling. Fingers crossed it pales into insignificance tomorrow for the right reasons.
  • Options
    200 people contacting the club is likely to be at least 500 tickets, potentially more given that you can buy large numbers through linked accounts.

I hope everyone gets their tickets, but fundamentally we have a club where there is no accountability and no one takes responsibility.

It’s no good blaming the ticketing staff, who won’t have taken the decision to outsource to a smaller, cheaper firm than Ticketmaster.

In a normal club the chief executive would speak up and try to reassure fans. Failing that you’d hear from the chairman or a director.

Duchatelet won’t care and Murray will pose in the VIP area but won’t take any of the responsibility that goes with his token position.

If we win tomorrow this will all be forgotten, but you can’t run an organisation successfully if no one is in charge and that isn’t just about tickets.

Trouble is Rick until our cun. of an owner fuc.s off we will still face the same problems...well said anyway.
  • Options
    Same been told 11.30am West Stand ticket office. 

What a way to ruin a day, group can't now enjoy the build up together as not everyone can get there that early.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2019
    robroy said:
    vff said:

I was told 11:30 west stand ticket office 
    Thanks @robroy. I wonder what the queue will be like.
  • Options
    Any other views than the latest 200 people estimate? Wanted to arrive at 1pm so I can keep plans as they were. 
  • Options
    Got mine finally. Thanks for ageing me by 10years!
  • Options
    Totally messed up my plans for the day as I have to queue up for a ticket that is not even for me. Missing out on the pre match drinking in the pubs 
  • Options
    Right where do i start what an absolute shambles...rang yesterday to be put on the e mail list for print at home ticket’s.Got e mail this morning but only one ticket on the e mail when there should have been 2 !!!!! Rang again and explained they said they would resend the e mail received e mail but the print at home bit will not open !!!! Rang again they resent e mail but for the ticket i already have but this still did n’t open...rang again still waiting for them to resend.....the tickets ain’t even for me ....so it looks like a visit to the box office tomorrow just to get one ticket so the stress and numerous phone calls in the last 24 hours have been a complete waste of time as the whole point was to avoid going to the box office before the game!!!! Annoyed ain’t the word what a disgrace really feel sick and tired about it all to the point of saying sod it is really worth all this greif and stress for doing someone a favour!!!!!