Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What to do if your tickets don't arrive

Comments

• Options
    robroy said:
    Totally messed up my plans for the day as I have to queue up for a ticket that is not even for me. Missing out on the pre match drinking in the pubs 
    The tickets I'm waiting for aren't for me and were actually paid for by the bloke who I did the favour for - the woman on the other end of the phone said that as long as my mate takes the email with him (that I haven't yet received) and the card he paid for the tickets with, then no need for me to go to the box office myself. Will probably turn out to completely false information, just like everything else we've been fed during this fiasco. 
  • Options

Those that request duplicates on Saturday, May 25th between 9am and 9pm

- You will be able to collect your tickets at Wembley stadium, with a photo ID or confirmation email from 11am on Sunday. Fans are advised to arrive early in case of queues.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ce823bd97b1e/updated-information-for-fans-yet-to-receive-their-wembley-ticket

• Options

- You will be able to collect your tickets at Wembley stadium, with a photo ID or confirmation email from 11am on Sunday. Fans are advised to arrive early in case of queues.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ce823bd97b1e/updated-information-for-fans-yet-to-receive-their-wembley-ticket

So what happens when you turn up in the queue and you're told there is no ticket - nothing would surprise me.

I'm taking my daughter who is in a wheelchair and the day is now f***ed because we have to queue up to hopefully get a ticket.

Utter shambles.
  • Options
    youngluke said:
    Right where do i start what an absolute shambles...rang yesterday to be put on the e mail list for print at home ticket’s.Got e mail this morning but only one ticket on the e mail when there should have been 2 !!!!! Rang again and explained they said they would resend the e mail received e mail but the print at home bit will not open !!!! Rang again they resent e mail but for the ticket i already have but this still did n’t open...rang again still waiting for them to resend.....the tickets ain’t even for me ....so it looks like a visit to the box office tomorrow just to get one ticket so the stress and numerous phone calls in the last 24 hours have been a complete waste of time as the whole point was to avoid going to the box office before the game!!!! Annoyed ain’t the word what a disgrace really feel sick and tired about it all to the point of saying sod it is really worth all this greif and stress for doing someone a favour!!!!!
    I'm no good with computers but sometimes I can't open attachments (don't know why) or can't see them.
    I had this last week with cinema tickets.
    But I signed into my virgin media account, went into the e mail and they were showing there & I printed them off there.
    Also, in the past I've downloaded something like Libre Office for free and been able to print off there rather than say Microsoft word.
    Someone better at IT than me may be able to suggest something.
  • Options
    It was all so much easier collecting tickets at the ground.
    My old man queued for 8 hours on a Sunday back in 98 and they did beer runs throughout the day, said it was much easier, better and was actually a good day.
    Beer runs not in place for the Man United tickets unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    robroy said:
    Totally messed up my plans for the day as I have to queue up for a ticket that is not even for me. Missing out on the pre match drinking in the pubs 
    Seeing the game sober will be a plus.

That's right @eaststandmike ?!
  • Options

So what happens when you turn up in the queue and you're told there is no ticket - nothing would surprise me.

I'm taking my daughter who is in a wheelchair and the day is now f***ed because we have to queue up to hopefully get a ticket.

Utter shambles.
    It would be incredible if the don't sort you out if you produce a copy of your confirmation e-mail surely.
  • Options
    youngluke said:
    Right where do i start what an absolute shambles...rang yesterday to be put on the e mail list for print at home ticket’s.Got e mail this morning but only one ticket on the e mail when there should have been 2 !!!!! Rang again and explained they said they would resend the e mail received e mail but the print at home bit will not open !!!! Rang again they resent e mail but for the ticket i already have but this still did n’t open...rang again still waiting for them to resend.....the tickets ain’t even for me ....so it looks like a visit to the box office tomorrow just to get one ticket so the stress and numerous phone calls in the last 24 hours have been a complete waste of time as the whole point was to avoid going to the box office before the game!!!! Annoyed ain’t the word what a disgrace really feel sick and tired about it all to the point of saying sod it is really worth all this greif and stress for doing someone a favour!!!!!
    I'm no good with computers but sometimes I can't open attachments (don't know why) or can't see them.
    But I signed into my virgin media account, went into the e mail and they were showing there & I printed them off there.
    Also, in the past I've downloaded something like Libre Office for free and been able to print off there rather than say Microsoft word.
    Cheers mate thanks for your advice you are a calm head iin what is a very stressful situation ....i will get my it expert on to it ....my 14 year old!!!!!
  • Options

Utter shambles.
    I imagine that they won’t make you wait in the queue with a wheelchair. I’d advise seeking out a high vis person with a walkie talkie to get yourself sorted with priority.

hope it flows ok for you, pal 
    Thanks.

I hope everyone who ordered a wheelchair ticket got the free carer ticket if required. This is what screwed my order up......

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    youngluke said:
    youngluke said:
    Cheers mate thanks for your advice you are a calm head iin what is a very stressful situation ....i will get my it expert on to it ....my 14 year old!!!!!
    I hope I'm not wasting more of your time, but it will make tomorrow more enjoyable if you can get them printed.
    Also sometimes the attachments don't show on the laptop, yet they do on my phone's e mail.
    If they both show on your phone e mail they could just be scanned off the phone at the turnstile.
  • Options
    youngluke said:
    youngluke said:
    @Covered End should be our future SLO.

Unfortunately he's not available 
  • Options
    ....so I'm filling the role.
  • Options
    youngluke said:
    youngluke said:
    I hope I'm not wasting more of your time, but it will make tomorrow more enjoyable if you can get them printed.
    Also sometimes the attachments don't show on the laptop, yet they do on my phone's e mail.
    If they both show on your phone e mail they could just be scanned off the phone at the turnstile.
    Not opening up on phone or laptop all would have been avoided if they would have sent both tickets instead of one.....utter shambles!!!!!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Yeah I’d be much happier if they changed the system next time and perhaps didn’t sell 4 to season ticket holders. That way I wouldn’t be sitting in the gods while people who never go are sitting in prime seats! 
    Ok, I haven’t had a season ticket for a couple of years, I do have valley gold, I also had over 100 points despite having a lot of book in the day 5 points. 

i could buy tickets at the same time as the season ticket holders for this game. Don’t really see the issue. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can forward the email to someone to print for you??
    How would this not work?
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can forward the email to someone to print for you??
    How would this not work?
    If they lived in another country 😂
  • Options

Utter shambles.
    I imagine that they won’t make you wait in the queue with a wheelchair. I’d advise seeking out a high vis person with a walkie talkie to get yourself sorted with priority.

hope it flows ok for you, pal 
    Thanks.

I hope everyone who ordered a wheelchair ticket got the free carer ticket if required. This is what screwed my order up......

—————our lot are just going with the wheelchair ticket and assuming that will do. We put in so much effort to find out if this would work, emails, phone calls and no definitive answer....so... it’s gonna have to do. We know there’s os loads of extra wheelchair capacity, right? Don’t sweat it :)
  • Options
    youngluke said:
    youngluke said:
    Some in my family got tickets with no QR codes from cafc.... and then very soon after got tickets from Wembley email with codes. Not sure if this is because the multiple calls and emails had put them on two different lists, or what. He also replied to the cafc mail saying they didn’t work. 

we also tried emailing to others to print and opening on different devices/different software. All to no avail.....

and then the email arrived from Wembley with functioning tickets

another mystery 

anyway... hope this helps... good luck 

• Options
    No exaggeration to say that @Covered End has well and truly pulled up trees this week helping people....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know if you rang to be put on the duplicates list but didn’t receive the email, but the originals then arrived in the post if those originals will still be valid. Just can’t get through on the phone line to ask.
  • Options
    CAFC_TINI said:
    Anyone know if you rang to be put on the duplicates list but didn’t receive the email, but the originals then arrived in the post if those originals will still be valid. Just can’t get through on the phone line to ask.
    According to one of the communiques issued by the club, the originals will not be valid. They become void as soon as you request a duplicate. Seeing as we've never received the originals, the e-ticket link, or at the time of writing, the email authorising the duplicate tickets, its all pretty academic as my mate and his young son won't be going. A complete balls-up.
  • Options
    youngluke said:
    youngluke said:
    Some in my family got tickets with no QR codes from cafc.... and then very soon after got tickets from Wembley email with codes. Not sure if this is because the multiple calls and emails had put them on two different lists, or what. He also replied to the cafc mail saying they didn’t work. 

we also tried emailing to others to print and opening on different devices/different software. All to no avail.....

and then the email arrived from Wembley with functioning tickets

another mystery 

anyway... hope this helps... good luck 

Cheers mate i can only hope....as i said before the tickets ain’t even for me but i am left with all the stress !!!!
  • Options
    Just got through again after about a hundred attempts. 

Been told to collect my tickets from Wembley as the ticketing company have sent my details over twice already to the marketing team at Charlton and they are sending the e-tickets out. 

The guy said this has happened loads. 

• Options
    Still getting the same poxy message!
  • Options
    Just managed to get through. Guess I will be joining that long collection queue tomorrow. 
  • Options
    If the club don't tell fans where to go I'd head for the West Ticket Office (as we're in the West).

Mind you West & East are close to each other where Olympic/Wembley Way meets the stadium.

• Options
    Been trying to come contact them for ages and it’s getting ridiculous now.

I’m out of the Country but don’t get back till early hours Sunday Morning. I don’t suppose if we’re able to collect the tickets in case they don’t arrive in the post and you don’t get any emails or call them?
  • Options

nah there wont be queues surely ? only 200 people were let down and most of those got the email today.....unless
  • Options
    Got through after 60 calls, was told only 200/250 people have been affected. This is despite the lad on the phone saying it had been the busiest day on the job.

Also said box office would be open from 1100 for collection. Good luck to the guys still struggling to get through.