Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    It's alright. Would rather we hurried up and released the home kit, that's the important one. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Thank god thats our third kit... hate it
    Having seen the kit in full I feel that "hate it" was a strong word... Its grown on me a little!!

Dont like the grey bit, it feels a common theme at the moment with kits where suppliers are putting part of a design on the shirt, leaving it as though they've run out of material or simply got bored and reverted to a different design.
    It's an 8 or 9/10 for me, with the only criticism being the grey detail in the shirt wasn't necessary. So I agree!
    To be honest I hadnt even noticed the badge until I saw it mentioned on twitter a second ago but thats actually my favourite part.

I know our badge is so much more, and hope its not being "updated" again but love the simplicity of it
  • Options
    Looks really smart, love the sword badge.

Think it'd be better all black though, no need for the panel at the top.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    It's alright. Would rather we hurried up and released the home kit, that's the important one. 
    Red with some white detail, may even be a touch of black on there. 
  • Options
    Really like it but would of been a 10/10 if it was all black with gold. Don’t get that front top bit.
    Would love to hear from those who were involved in the decision making as to why it's not all black. I honestly don't see the need for the top panel part in a different colour.

It's very nice though.
  • Options
    p.s @Swisdom played down the sponsor colour with his comment along the lines of "The blue was special to my Dad and so it stays" 

• Options
    Given that it appears they only had a one pair of shorts for Stockley and DJ is wearing jeans, I am guessing stock levels are low and it won't be available to buy any time soon.

TBH I am not getting the love for this one. It's a bit meh. The contrast panel at the top looks crap. Why was it not all black? Less is more often than not more and all.that.
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Let’s hope the 2nd strip has the same template in white with Red up the top like our home kit of the 60’s
    That's the only rationale for the grey bit I can think of.

I'm expecting all 3 kits to be a similar theme with that panel at the top. If that's the case then I can understand the grey bit.
    If the home kit has a white panel along the chest, then they've got us and Middlesborough mixed up, and I demand we get a Nike Catalouge kit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Don't mind the badge but actually think our normal badge all gold would've looked better. 
    This was offered up on one of the mock ups and did look good. I prefered the sword as it was something different albeit we used it in the 70's
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Let’s hope the 2nd strip has the same template in white with Red up the top like our home kit of the 60’s
    Cracking shout! Would make sense!
  • Options
    Tons better than last season's third! 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Bilko said:

I'm expecting all 3 kits to be a similar theme with that panel at the top. If that's the case then I can understand the grey bit.
    Ignore the lack of a proper picture editing tool... 

that's not an awful idea. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bilko said:

We're not fucking Middlesborough! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    p.s @Swisdom played down the sponsor colour with his comment along the lines of "The blue was special to my Dad and so it stays" 

And the sponsors logo looks very good blended into the shirt colours in this way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bilko said:

We're not fucking Middlesborough! 
    Fair point 😂
  • Options
    - Gold and black looks cool
    - hate the defaced badge less than I thought I would 
    - no idea why they mucked it up with the grey panel

In what way does this commemorate the 100th anniversary of being in the Football League?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Assume he meant on the home kit (given that we'll wear it about 30-35 times) as someone questioned why the logo wasn't all white.
  • Options
    Is the placing of the logo/crest in the middle of the two shades annoying anyone else? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Red with some white detail, may even be a touch of black on there. 
    Should still be the first kit revealed imo. Third kit is nothing but a money spinner.
  • Options
    apart from the grey panel I really like it, would buy but I doubt it will be stocked in Millett's tent section ......
  • Options
    Feel it's a bit of an own goal releasing the third kit first. Forget the showbiz presentation just let us see the first-choice kit. And why are online orders promised by August 12? Our first game is the 7th.