Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Jonny,hope you really do go on & kickstart you career,sort them injuries out & believe in your self more…just don’t go score one of them rare goals against us if we ever meet…🙄
  • Options
    I would have had him back in a heartbeat,Swindon cant be paying him that much,and for that money we could afford to have him as cover for our midfield.
    Mate, think of him as Jonatan Johannsen.
    He's Finnish.
  • Options
    Came on last night for Swindon after 77 minutes in a 0-0 draw with Tranmere
  • Options
    I would have had him back in a heartbeat,Swindon cant be paying him that much,and for that money we could afford to have him as cover for our midfield.
    He's Finnish.
    Can he honestly be worse than our current crop of midfielders.
  • Options
    Id have him back, but unfortunately we had to let him go to make room from the influx of new signings that were incoming. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Surprised he’s gone to Swindon, would of thought a team like Ipswich, Bolton,  Arsenal etc would go in for him
  • Options
    I don't know if Jonny was trying to waste time but that was funny/bizarre.
    He dribbles the ball off the pitch through the technical area and back on to the pitch, until Gary Bowyer pushes him over. Slap stick.
  • Options
    At least Jonny did not pull out of THAT tackle.
  • Options
    I don't know if Jonny was trying to waste time but that was funny/bizarre.
    He dribbles the ball off the pitch through the technical area and back on to the pitch, until Gary Bowyer pushes him over. Slap stick.
    It was to waste time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I do like seeing a 30 man brawl on the football pitch. We really don’t see enough of it anymore and it really gets the crowd up for it. I honestly think we should forget about the football this season, get Pearce back in the team and let him and Inniss loose on the opposition. 
    Charlton fan in the streets: "Kevin Muscat is a blight on football and has no place in the game"

Charlton fan in the stands: "BREAK 'IS FACKIN' LEGS" 
  • Options
    He'll be out for 8 months as a result of that. 

Good luck Jonny, a confidence player 100%, and I think he will feel the pressure less in the lower leagues, excel, go to a better club, feel the pressure, fail, and repeat. 
  • Options
    Overreaction from the manager obviously but it is infuriating when players do things like that. Just make it an instant yellow card if it’s not your ball and you kick, throw or carry the ball anywhere other than where play should restart from. If it’s not your ball then you have no reason to even touch it at all. I have no idea why players have to boot it miles in the opposite direction for refs to even consider getting a card out.
  • Options
    He's Finnish.
    Can he honestly be worse than our current crop of midfielders.

We have Kirk, DJ and CBT. Jonny Williams has gone and Swindon are his best option to go to. We must move on. The facts are we had a poor return on goals and assists from Jonny who is another top man.  Holmes had a much better career at Cafc with more goals and assists than JW. 

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Manager should get a long ban. You can’t be putting your hands on an opposition player
  • Options
    Just goes to show what can be done with a well put together small squad on a shoestring. Swindon were looking at being kicked out the FL due to financial problems and lack of players yet they are 3rd at the moment with 2 x wins.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I do like seeing a 30 man brawl on the football pitch. We really don’t see enough of it anymore and it really gets the crowd up for it. I honestly think we should forget about the football this season, get Pearce back in the team and let him and Inniss loose on the opposition. 
    Charlton fan in the streets: "Kevin Muscat is a blight on football and has no place in the game"

Charlton fan in the stands: "BREAK 'IS FACKIN' LEGS" 
    Ricky has a point though, most 30 man melees consist of pushing and shoving and all 30 blokes saying “Leave it out, he ain’t worth it“ etc. Good entertainment, a bit like the A team when a team of trained commandos fired 500 shots and didn’t hit anyone. On the other hand, Muscat was usually trying to decapitate people.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He is coming home, he is coming home......
    ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope not. Him and Aneke will be holding hands all of next season. 
  • Options
    Saw somewhere that Nixon said on his Patreon Garner will be bringing Williams and Reed with him. Louis Reed being a central midfielder.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He is coming home, he is coming home......
    Please no!!
  • Options
    We don't learn do we. We need 90 minute players who can play more than 3 games without getting injured 
  • Options
    Only problem with JW was fitness. I see he made 40 appearances for Swindon last season, so maybe he's in a better place now.
    He only started 24 - in League 2
  • Options
    Not sure whether he spends more time on the deck or the physios table.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Fun fact: Williams completed 90 minutes for Charlton 8 times in his entire CAFC career.