Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Sage said:l
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    Was arguably our best player, if not easily top 3, up until his meniscus injury against Derby in the October of the Championship season.
    He was but how often in his career has he shown that form? Will he get back to that level and recreate that form?
    No one will know that, he was also going into what should’ve been his peak. What made him so good in that period was he was trusted, loved, played in his best position, and had players around him who got forward and made runs off him, like Gallagher. He was identified as our best player by Bielsa - he was so good in that early part of the season. I think that, alongside Taylor’s injury, was the turning point in our season. We coped without Taylor for a period of time because players like Williams was phenomenal, we lost our spark when he got injured and I don’t think that’s being too rose tinted. 
    Completely agree, and very sadly we never saw the same player again after he got injured against Derby.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Last 3 posts are completely bang on the money and it’s such a shame because he’d be a fantastic player if he had half of Cullen’s physical toughness, for example, to sustain the levels required. Loved Jonny here.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Last 3 posts are completely bang on the money and it’s such a shame because he’d be a fantastic player if he had half of Cullen’s physical toughness, for example, to sustain the levels required. Loved Jonny here.
    The 4th last post is the best one :smile:
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Could imagine him having a decent Prem career if he had Cullen’s fitness.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    And even with all the other stuff with his fitness and whatever it might be, if Garner is to come in, I’d love for Williams to follow him and come back. I’d be very happy with that.
    We’ve already got Inniss and Aneke, a spine of players who can’t play 90 minutes twice a week would be madness, believe the squad cap is smaller than last season. We’ve got some promising u18s but it might be a year or two too early to expect them to properly contribute to the first team.
  • Options
    I used to love watching him play, but then became very frustrated with him continually throwing himself to the floor with the slightest challenge, I’m not certain that can be a good way to avoid niggly injuries, just a thought? When he decided to stay on his feet he was really good, needed to shoot a bit more aswell. As far as a return I don’t think it would be a good idea, be there, done that.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    To reiterate.

Had a look and in those 12 games of the season before his injury, we picked up 21 points. He started 9 of them and in those 9, we picked up 20 points.

He then was injured for 14 games with the knee injury, we picked up 7 points.

Once he came back into the team and recovered from injury, he was coming into a side with no confidence, struggling, we had lost Gallagher, Taylor was not fit, ESI had taken us over and we were heading into the pandemic.

Losing Taylor as said and as we all know was huge. But losing Williams really was the turning point the more you look at it. 
    Remember when he came back from said injury we had changed the shape to get McGeady and Doughty in 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are only allowed 2 players now that are created by Swarovski. We already have Chuks and Ryan so unfortunately no room for Jonny.
    Wiggins, Page and Bielik were also from the Swarovski academy and most of their player are sheer Glass.
  • Options
    I don't  think loosing Field at Bristol or was it WBA, helped either. And poor Leko has not been the same since his injury at QPR. Mone of that helped.
    I rated Field the more he played for us, especially when he finally got some games together during Project Restart. 

Reckon we'd have been fine had he not been so injury prone. 
  • Options
    Field was quality and my qpr mate said the same about him for them last season. 
  • Options
    Lovely goal for Wales last night, even though Wales have their eyes on a bigger prize.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Not sure he ever had a shot outside the box for us. Bowyer clearly didn’t want us playing that way and Williams perhaps followed that instruction more than anyone else.
  • Options
    Now fully de-charltonised.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Lovely goal. Hope he gets selected for the squad if Wales make the World Cup
  • Options
    Nominated for League 2 player of the month, with Davison-Ponytail 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been selected for the Welsh World cup squad tonight, along with Lockyer and Gunter.
    and Levitt - remember him?
  • Options
    And Matt Smith I
  • Options
    Blimey Wales are ex-Addickted. 
  • Options
    5 ex-CAFC in the Wales WC squad!
  • Options
    so wales are picking league 2 players now... i hope that is made clear in the build up ..... what? Oh. what a challenge this game will be (according to the bbc) 
  • Options
    I think England’s biggest threat in the group will be USA 

we’ve been crap last few games BUT this is wc with different things at stake 
  • Options
    Adam Matthews must be disappointed. But if Wales’s hopes rest on Gunter, Levitt, Williams and Smith then England can rest easy.  Football however is a very funny old game……
  • Options
    Another one Wales have now lost to International Retirement