Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    He's signing a 3 yr deal at Bradford.
    Yep, apparently rejected European football at Hibs for a longer contract 
    Ultimately at this stage of his career he has to go where he is paid most. At the end of they, my personal thpughts on him as a footballer aside and how he conducted himself i hope it works out for him.
    So why didn't he sign for Wrexham or Gillingham who are offering more wages than us?

It's the second move in a row where he has picked a manager he wants to play for rather than a higher wage.
    What ? He hasnt signed for us ? Im not talking about his previous move. Im talking specically this move to Bradford on a 3 year deal, which i assume is going to make him more money than a 1 or 2 year.

Also how do you know how much he is making compared to other deals ?
    Another, reliable source, said Gillingham had offered a player considerably more than we had this summer, that's why it was relevant.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:
    Ultimately at this stage of his career he has to go where he is paid most. At the end of they, my personal thpughts on him as a footballer aside and how he conducted himself i hope it works out for him.
    So why didn't he sign for Wrexham or Gillingham who are offering more wages than us?

It's the second move in a row where he has picked a manager he wants to play for rather than a higher wage.
    What ? He hasnt signed for us ? Im not talking about his previous move. Im talking specically this move to Bradford on a 3 year deal, which i assume is going to make him more money than a 1 or 2 year.

Another, reliable source, said Gillingham had offered a player considerably more than we had this summer, that's why it was relevant.
    Its still irelevant, we are talking about JW going Bradford ? What we offer players 2/3 years aftet he has left is irrelevant to the conversation. Unless im.missing something ?
  • Options
  • Options
    Well hopefully he is getting paid well and it works out for him
  • Options
    Poor form that!
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I thought he didn't choose clubs for money!
  • Options
    Thread title needs changing again.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    After his unhappy time at Sunderland, a slight risk I suppose in moving up north again. Bradford is a big club at that level, indeed a sleeping giant by L2 standards.
    Is Bradford no longer up north?
    You might wish to read again what I posted!

As it turned out, he didn't move north after all. Gillingham is a somewhat shorter distance from his hometown Pembury than Bradford...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    NabySarr said:

Its still irelevant, we are talking about JW going Bradford ? What we offer players 2/3 years aftet he has left is irrelevant to the conversation. Unless im.missing something ?
    Yes you are.

Anyway Johnny has made me look a right twat, not that I need any help!!

• Options
    Chunes said:
    I thought he didn't choose clubs for money!
    Who said that ? Ive been saying opposite.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Poor form that!
    Proper shitty thing to do. Imagine if we were about to unveil a new player , word had got out because of all of our ITK gurus, and then the fella decides to mug us over for a pound note (or whatever else) elsewhere.
  • Options
    No doubt we'll see Dobbo put him 4 feet up in the air in the PSF against them now. Can't wait
  • Options
    I preferred the other thread.  
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Poor form that!
    Proper shitty thing to do. Imagine if we were about to unveil a new player , word had got out because of all of our ITK gurus, and then the fella decides to mug us over for a pound note (or whatever else) elsewhere.

I think it happened in the Roland era with a Belgian striker Tom De Sutter? Ended up going to Turkey. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Just read all recent posts on page 46, only to find the news on page 47.

Can't get the staff these days.....

@AFKABartram @WSS @aliwibble @Stig @cantremembertheothermod
    Oh yeah, @LoOkOuT salt it art
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Poor lad. I hope he likes warm Stella Artois, gear, and Staffordshire Bull Terriers...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gillingham buying up the league.
  • Options
    so basically... WIOTOS then? 
  • Options
    Seen some posts elsewhere some  Gills fans seem to think think they signed Messi not JW released by League 2 Swindon.
  • Options
    Seen some posts elsewhere some  Gills fans seem to think think they signed Messi not JW released by League 2 Swindon.
    Cant wait until they realise they have signed a small man with a great first touch, decent dribbling ability, no stamina, pull out of challenges and sorts his problems out via posting indirects on social media like a 14 year old girl.

If by chance anyone who is a friend or family member of JW see's this ignore the above an dpretend i called him a football geneius unappreciated in his time. I cant be bothered.
  • Options
    Cant wait until they realise they have signed a small man with a great first touch, decent dribbling ability, no stamina, pull out of challenges and sorts his problems out via posting indirects on social media like a 14 year old girl.

If by chance anyone who is a friend or family member of JW see's this ignore the above an dpretend i called him a football geneius unappreciated in his time. I cant be bothered.
    I’m starting to get the feeling you’re not a fan of JW?