Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    Lad I work with plays for Dorking, where Connors two brother play. Says that Connor doesn’t want to leave but Two other teams in the champ are going to be paying 100% of his wages and we’re currently only paying 1/3. He was the same lad that told me Lockyer was signing a few weeks before he did, so no reason to not trust him. 
    What I don’t understand about this though is couple ppl have said this but he is 19 and never played a senior game of football until this season so even at Chelsea can’t be on huge money even if was on 9k a week that’s 3k we’re paying so they lose 6k a week, 24k a month so like 100k or so for remainder of season and I just don’t understand the logic if that’s the reason. If the reason is because they feel the last month he has been struggling he has said something behind close doors for first time he isn’t happy as feeling so exhausted due our midfield lately and Chelsea feel going to a more experienced midfield he can excel ready for next year? I’m gutted though whatever the reasons my poty so far 
    I'd have thought he'd be on nearer 20k a week but still see your point though.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Lad I work with plays for Dorking, where Connors two brother play. Says that Connor doesn’t want to leave but Two other teams in the champ are going to be paying 100% of his wages and we’re currently only paying 1/3. He was the same lad that told me Lockyer was signing a few weeks before he did, so no reason to not trust him. 
    What I don’t understand about this though is couple ppl have said this but he is 19 and never played a senior game of football until this season so even at Chelsea can’t be on huge money even if was on 9k a week that’s 3k we’re paying so they lose 6k a week, 24k a month so like 100k or so for remainder of season and I just don’t understand the logic if that’s the reason. If the reason is because they feel the last month he has been struggling he has said something behind close doors for first time he isn’t happy as feeling so exhausted due our midfield lately and Chelsea feel going to a more experienced midfield he can excel ready for next year? I’m gutted though whatever the reasons my poty so far 
    Wages might only be a part of the puzzle. If they've asked him to report for training, they may sit down with him and ask what he wants to do. There are alternatives to Charlton, where do you want to play until the end of the season.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Chelsea must be down to their last few billion then

• Anybody know how to get rid of an unwanted tattoo , asking for a friend?

So ....... should I , my friend , go this afternoon or wait until tomorrow ? What do you reckon ?

• Sky sports saying he has been recalled for assessment by chelsea and it is not yet confirmed that his loan deal with us is finished - his future could be decided today. 
    My eyesight is shit but I wouldn't want to identify that picture as him in a line out and send him down 
    Don't panic everyone - that's Jimmy Bullard!
  • CAFCOlly said:
    Either instigated by Chelsea which wouldn't look good on them but that's football. Or instigated by Gallagher which would suggest he wasn't up for another few months of a relegation scrap and wanted an easier ride.

Feel there's more than meets the eye here and if it's a move to a Championship club rather than the PL, then my gut is telling me that Conor and Chelsea lost patience, was overplayed/tired and fancied a crack at a team higher up in the league.

As the man himself says, it is what it is.
    this
  • I don't think Conor would have initiated it, Chelsea have probably had a lot of interest and it makes sense for them even if it is a dick move, to put him in a better footballing team which we have stopped being since Cullen/Jonny Williams have gone down injured, but I think if he really pushed to stay they surely would have listened and kept him here.
    You could argue that during his football education that playing in a team having to battle is just as important as playing in one that  just dominates matches. I would say that being happy and settled is at his career stage as important as anything else for this season. Under the tutelage of Lee Bowyer I would say he’s very well placed to progress. Disappointed but that comes with being a Charlton fan I suppose.
  • Any chance that Chelsea would do the right thing and loan us a replacement? Who is this other midfielder that they are hawking around for a loan?

Also, regarding Spurs's Jack Clarke going to QPR, wouldn't we be a better option for him?
    Not sure I would want to anymore business with them.  I think think the player they are trying to loan out is Billy Gilmour. 

Clarke would be a decent signing - but we would no doubt see him injured 2 games in to his loan spell. 
    Can we sign him and leave him on the bench for the rest of the season?

Bowyer can wear a handmade jumper (am sure my Mum can knit it) saying: F**k You Chelsea
  • Laddick01 said:
    Gallagher will be the better footballer no doubt.

Cullen is more important to our team right now.
    They don’t even play in the same position? How could you possibly compare them! They are both vitally important to us!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    We really need to pin down some kind of "no-recall" clause in future season long loan deals. 
    In which case the better players at the PL clubs will go to those clubs that are prepared to accept the clause. We simply won't get a Gallagher for half a season let alone a full one
    You would have to include the caveat that they could recall the player if they have an injury crisis, but if they are just swapping your club for another then that wont fly. 

If more clubs adopted this way of loaning then the PL clubs would have to just accept it, or they just wont ever get loaned out. 
    That's Utopia but for every Charlton there will be half a dozen clubs who would take advantage of those that adopted that stance. 
  • Bit strange that neither Charlton or chelsea have officially confirmed it. Theres still hope🤔🤷‍♂️
  • mascot88 said:
    Shit haircut... Weird jaw... He can do one... 
    bruised ankles
  • Could also be that it was Chelsea’s intention of having him learn his trade under two managers and in two teams this season all along. They wouldn’t have told Charlton that I’m sure but it’s perfectly possible.
  • Any chance that Chelsea would do the right thing and loan us a replacement? Who is this other midfielder that they are hawking around for a loan?

Also, regarding Spurs's Jack Clarke going to QPR, wouldn't we be a better option for him?
    Not sure I would want to anymore business with them.  I think think the player they are trying to loan out is Billy Gilmour. 

Clarke would be a decent signing - but we would no doubt see him injured 2 games in to his loan spell. 
    Tariq Uwakwe
  • Look on the bright side... Dont have to worry about him reaching 10-bookings and getting a two match ban now
  • Could also be that it was Chelsea’s intention of having him learn his trade under two managers and in two teams this season all along. They wouldn’t have told Charlton that I’m sure but it’s perfectly possible.
    If that was the case why not make it a 6 month loan to begin with? 
  • The best young (novice) loan to Charlton since Alan McDonald. 
  • Bit strange that neither Charlton or chelsea have officially confirmed it. Theres still hope🤔🤷‍♂️
    Sky sports seem to be confirming. 
  • Sponsored links:

You would like to think that they are holding off on the bad news to announce it with some good news (Maddison)
  • Talal said:
    Could also be that it was Chelsea’s intention of having him learn his trade under two managers and in two teams this season all along. They wouldn’t have told Charlton that I’m sure but it’s perfectly possible.
    Because clubs might be less inclined to loan the player knowing they will definitely lose him in January. 
  • edited January 2020

• J BLOCK said:
    Wages might only be a part of the puzzle. If they've asked him to report for training, they may sit down with him and ask what he wants to do. There are alternatives to Charlton, where do you want to play until the end of the season.
    I don't see why they'd have to recall him to do that. He won't be coming back, they'll already have a club lined up for him. 
  • SamE7 said:

I think that’s bollox
  • Chelsea may want to have a look at him and chat with him first before deciding what to do, still some hope that he'll stay. 
  • edited January 2020
    Sky Sports News reporting the recall is going ahead. 

Apparently now training with Chelsea. 
  • Conor Gallagher staying at Charlton. Just confirmed. By me. Because I'm not an idiot. 
    This indirect insult aimed at me yesterday aged well..
  • Talal said:
    Could also be that it was Chelsea’s intention of having him learn his trade under two managers and in two teams this season all along. They wouldn’t have told Charlton that I’m sure but it’s perfectly possible.
    Because clubs might be less inclined to loan the player knowing they will definitely lose him in January. 
    True, Chelsea also won't care how this affects us. 
  • Don't worry he won't do anything for which ever Championship club he is loaned to because he has now been Charlton'ized.