Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Charlton | Sat 31 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | POST MATCH Thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    I’m sure if it was easy enough Reading would have released more seats but like ourselves with thousands of empty seats the logistics don’t work out .
    Leeds and Birmingham fans will be having a moan up I’m sure looking at our empty spaces with loads of their fans unable to get a ticket for them 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    The vacant seats which can be seen from the TVs highlights in the away end were actually full at kick off. Soon after the young lads who were stood there left and were last seen joining the fans at the back of the stand. And then, when it began to rain, several older fans moved away no doubt seeking shelter. For the record, I stayed standing in my third row seat, and got fairly wet, and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Not bad for an OAP.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Saw we have only lost twice this calendar year so far, don't think I've ever known us have so few defeats from January - September.
    You think that's good, our last home defeat was against Coventry on 6th september 2018... 
    When was the last time we went unbeaten at home in a calendar year?
    You are excluding the play-off defeat by Donny Rovers?
    Yes, I mean just in the league. 
  • Options
    The vacant seats which can be seen from the TVs highlights in the away end were actually full at kick off. Soon after the young lads who were stood there left and were last seen joining the fans at the back of the stand. And then, when it began to rain, several older fans moved away no doubt seeking shelter. For the record, I stayed standing in my third row seat, and got fairly wet, and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Not bad for an OAP.
    At your age you should know better. The supporters behind you moved as you were in the bloody way. In case you are hard of hearing, STAND AT THE BACK.
  • Options
    Just to be awkward. What about folk who prefer to sit but want to be further back to get a decent view?  I’ll get my coat....,,.,.,
  • Options
    Just to be awkward. What about folk who prefer to sit but want to be further back to get a decent view?  I’ll get my coat....,,.,.,
    Exactly..they have to put up with selfish twats in front of them...
  • Options
    Guilty as charged, M'lud.
  • Options
    The reason I stood was because the folks in the two rows in front of me were already standing. The point I am making is that I am happy to sit or stand - I just go along with the flow.

• Options
    The reason I stood was because the folks in the two rows in front of me were already standing. The point I am making is that I am happy to sit or stand - I just go along with the flow.

Same here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No comment from me.
    I couldn't go and there's nothing to moan about  :-)
  • Options

I didn’t go to Reading but I agree with this. It’s just the way it is these days 
  • Options

It is good that you can, and I have as well. Suffered the next day though.

This isn’t really about if you can or not, it is having respect for fellow supporters and making following our club as an enjoyable experience as it can be for everyone.
  • Options

I don't think people should be allowed to sit or stand. It would only descend into ugly, mindless violence.
  • Options

I tend to do the same, but am conscious that I am quite tall so tend to stoop a bit if there are shorter people behind me!
  • Options
    Glad you all enjoyed the game.
  • Options
    great result got the bus from the station to the ground - v quick. 

our next 5 are a little daunting;

brum h
    wigan a
    leeds h
    swansea h
    fulham a

if we can get 5 points from that lot we are staying up anything more than that then dare to dream.............
    It's not so much the next 5, as Brum and Wigan are games we can get points from. The following 6 games will be the big test...
    That could add pressure to the Brum and Wigan games.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Love the way Reading's keeper approached Lyle after the goal and Lyle's reaction :-)
    Anyone else thinking what a lovely set of empty seats up there in the corner with an uninterrupted view??
    Thinking exactly the same! We couldn't get seats and yet the ground looks half empty, can't understand why they didn't release another block. Still, the noise from our fans would have been heard in the town centre as well. Magnificent on the clips.
    They haven't moved on from when they were in the Prem....2,000 and that's your lot, guess in their Prem days they would normally sell out the home areas.
  • Options

Same here....if the bloke in front stands then so do I.