Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Charlton | Sat 31 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | POST MATCH Thread

Comments

• Options
    Absolute cracking performance. Come on you reds!!!
  • Options
    Watching back again on Quest

The way the 'keeper positioned himself Id have loved it had Lyle sprinted up to the ball blasting it
  • Options
    We're top of the league, sorry we're on top of the Leeds, we're on top of the Leeds, Charlton Athletic, we're on top of the Leeds. Great result COYAs.
  • Options
    A great day,  if Lyle Taylor’s walk up for the penalty gets any slower , he risks getting booked for wasting time.
    Lyle took so much time in his walk up, the lovely Sky lady commenting thought there was a delay in the game.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    The technique is definitely working for him. Would be funny if he ran up for the next one, it would really catch the keeper out :)
  • Options
    Can’t wait for the cricket season to finish so I can throw myself into the football. Been listening to Huddersfield supporters moaning at full time today. They say they are relying on Grant too much. I say they need a better manager. 14 points in August shows what a miracle LB continues to perform. We simply have to keep hold of him just because of the mentality he passes on to the team. No reason why we can’t stay in the top 10 all season at this rate. Every player seems to be chipping in. So, brilliant thus far and long may it continue. 
    They need a Manager full stop
  • Options
    I'm loving Derby struggling. Would be hilarious if they went down.
  • Options
    Halix said:
    Listened to BBC Berks on way home for take on game from Reading angle. No dispute Charlton was best team they’d seen and deserved to win. Didn’t think their team played badly, Charlton just better. One caller ridiculed by presenter for saying Charlton were lucky.

Their manager waffled for ten minutes about his team needing to stop making mistakes. Reminded me of garbage Pardew used to spout. Generally seemed shell shocked they had lost given the £15m of talent they’ve just bought.
    The better Bow makes us the luckier we get.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Halix said:
    Listened to BBC Berks on way home for take on game from Reading angle. No dispute Charlton was best team they’d seen and deserved to win. Didn’t think their team played badly, Charlton just better. One caller ridiculed by presenter for saying Charlton were lucky.

Their manager waffled for ten minutes about his team needing to stop making mistakes. Reminded me of garbage Pardew used to spout. Generally seemed shell shocked they had lost given the £15m of talent they’ve just bought
    sorry multiple cock ups on the quote front.
  • Options
    Wowzers. Been out today at a birthday party so couldn't make the game. Great result and performance from all the comments

Last season we had incredible team spirit, and the concern was that this would be lost with all the changes, but it's still there in bucketloads.
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Reading Readings forum, christ they are bitter, appropriately we were lucky, wont do anything, will be found out, quite fans lool you love to see this, burning opposite fans, no more friendly roll over Charlton, this years Championship shithousers, and I am loving it
    They'll be found out before we do... Their defending at times in the second half was from a team who completely switched off

Apart from their Puscas chance before HT they didnt get through us because our back four remained focused the whole time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Siv_in_Norfolk said:... 
    And we dominated that game and should have won it
    That result was criminal
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Reading Readings forum, christ they are bitter, appropriately we were lucky, wont do anything, will be found out, quite fans lool you love to see this, burning opposite fans, no more friendly roll over Charlton, this years Championship shithousers, and I am loving it
    David Brent's a fan ain't he?  Nuff said!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    RedChaser said:
    EE Aye, EE Aye, EE Aye' Oh , up the football league we go , when we win promotion, this is what we'll sing, we are Charlton, we are Charlton, Bowyer is our KING! 
    The first time I sung that, it was "...Saunders is our KING!" :smile:

Now it would be "...Saunders is inside".
    How old are you? He was talking about Ron Saunders.

Now I have a question. I remember my wife always called Ron Saunders "Daddy Saunders", because with his paunch, greying hair and walking pace, he looked like a dad having a Sunday kick-about with the kids. Was that just her nickname or did others call him that?
    Not heard him called that, either as a player or manager.
    Must just have been my missus' Oedipus Complex then.
  • Options
    Can’t wait for the cricket season to finish so I can throw myself into the football. Been listening to Huddersfield supporters moaning at full time today. They say they are relying on Grant too much. I say they need a better manager. 14 points in August shows what a miracle LB continues to perform. We simply have to keep hold of him just because of the mentality he passes on to the team. No reason why we can’t stay in the top 10 all season at this rate. Every player seems to be chipping in. So, brilliant thus far and long may it continue. 
    They need a Manager full stop
    Sure. I meant better than some 2nd rate Borussia Dortmund type. 
  • Options
    Words to the Leko Voulez Vous song please ?
  • Options
    Sooo... Where IS the first place you can hear/read Bowyer's comments after a match?
  • Options
    Superb second half   , should have scored five as we ripped them apart . Special mention for Dillon Phillips who made two world class saves at 0-0 . 
  • Options
    Sooo... Where IS the first place you can hear/read Bowyer's comments after a match?
    And extended highlights would be nice. 
  • Options
    Another fantastic win. It's very early days but so important to put points on the board. Also really happy to hear that Chuks seemed to have a big impact when he came on