Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Charlton | Sat 31 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | POST MATCH Thread

Comments

• Options
    Saw we have only lost twice this calendar year so far, don't think I've ever known us have so few defeats from January - September.
    You think that's good, our last home defeat was against Coventry on 6th september 2018... 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Also known as 8.5
    JamesSeed said:
    Leko: 9 (Sometimes 10, sometimes 7)
    Wondering if the goal has inflated a few ratings. Thought he was poor first half, improved second but quite often still holds onto the ball too long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Saw we have only lost twice this calendar year so far, don't think I've ever known us have so few defeats from January - September.
    You think that's good, our last home defeat was against Coventry on 6th september 2018... 
    When was the last time we went unbeaten at home in a calendar year?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    We still have Kayal to come back as well. Lee Lee Lee Bowyer!!
    He will take us to the next level and help us compete against Leeds, Swansea, Fulham etc.
    Hard to see whose place he will take. But if he's good enough to dislodge one of today's team, then I'm looking forward to seeing him play.
    Imagine he will come in for Field/Pratley if he's as good as he's meant to be. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Davo55 said:
    He will take us to the next level and help us compete against Leeds, Swansea, Fulham etc.
    Hard to see whose place he will take. But if he's good enough to dislodge one of today's team, then I'm looking forward to seeing him play.
    Maybe, but I didn't think he had their defensive qualities at the base of the diamond. Will be interesting to see the battle for places now we've got some real competition.
  • Options
    Not sure what point this Reading fan is trying to make...
    That only his team are allowed to be cynical.
  • Options
    Not sure what point this Reading fan is trying to make...
    I think he is probably reffering to us a dirty bunch of players maybe?

I would say as a fact that Reading are the worst team we have played in the championship this year. Yes Stoke are bottom, but they at least played decent football.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Talal said:
    Davo55 said:
    Maybe, but I didn't think he had their defensive qualities at the base of the diamond. Will be interesting to see the battle for places now we've got some real competition.
    He'll be needed when Wham recall Cullen in January, if he hasn't forced his way in before.
  • Options
    Only just realised we are home to Leeds and Swansea, then away to Fulham within 7 days of each other. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    holyjo said:
    I’m Tom and Dick in hospital and that was just what I needed for a lift !!!! Come on you reds !

watched it - second half looked pretty assured bar two great saves. Penalty was pure Taylor. Hope he never misses one with that approach 
    @holyjo Hope they weren't coming around to do your obs during the game, as I should imagine your blood pressure would have been somewhat elevated during that.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Unbeaten and 14 points accrued in August...outstanding. 
    It's brilliant, isn't it?

I was just looking at the results and table - and see Derby languishing in the lower bottom half.

Couldn't help but thinking, I wonder if Krystian Beilik ever wishes that he could've come back to Charlton and rejoined Lee Bowyer's 'journey'?
    Mate I bet Bauer, Aribo, Dijksteel and Grant are also looking at the results tonight and thinking whilst my bank balance is looking a bit better, I wish I was back with the gang.

Still I'm sure they will be enjoying their Saturday nights out tonight in Preston, Middlesbrough and Huddersfield! 
    Wouldn’t get in the team...😉
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    RedChaser said:
    EE Aye, EE Aye, EE Aye' Oh , up the football league we go , when we win promotion, this is what we'll sing, we are Charlton, we are Charlton, Bowyer is our KING! 
    The first time I sung that, it was "...Saunders is our KING!" :smile:

Now it would be "...Saunders is inside".
    No, no, not that up-his-own-arse wingeing Saunders who's made the headlines recently for all the wrong reasons ...... Ron Saunders, tough battling goal scoring centre forward when he played for Charlton.

Later on, I believe he was also a manager somewhere. :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Unbeaten and 14 points accrued in August...outstanding. 
    It's brilliant, isn't it?

I was just looking at the results and table - and see Derby languishing in the lower bottom half.

Couldn't help but thinking, I wonder if Krystian Beilik ever wishes that he could've come back to Charlton and rejoined Lee Bowyer's 'journey'?
    Mate I bet Bauer, Aribo, Dijksteel and Grant are also looking at the results tonight and thinking whilst my bank balance is looking a bit better, I wish I was back with the gang.

Still I'm sure they will be enjoying their Saturday nights out tonight in Preston, Middlesbrough and Huddersfield! 
    Joe not going out tonight then? Can't blame him. I expect he is looking forward to the Europa League group stage to be fair, but when they get battered out of sight he will wonder what's left to look forward to, such as a cold dark night in effing Inverness.

Trouble is, much as I loved him last season, I don't know whom he'd replace now if we got him back.