Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    You can see the Leeds fans that infiltrated our stand looking a bit miffed in this clip. Shame.
  • Options
    Cheers ltgtr, I found a Rapid Vienna Fan on the ward I was at before the operation. He had a contact on the intensive care ward. He wouldn’t tell me who it was, but he said somebody will whisper the score in your ear. He did warn me that I might not hear it, and he asked what to do if we lost. I told him that not knowing would be worse than an 8-0 defeat. It all worked out fine in the end! 😀
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    ross1 said:
    You can see the Leeds fans that infiltrated our stand looking a bit miffed in this clip. Shame.
    Was there an overspill of Leeds fans or a specific section sitting in that end block of the lower West? I was wondering why they were there during the match
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    ross1 said:
    Was there an overspill of Leeds fans or a specific section sitting in that end block of the lower West? I was wondering why they were there during the match
    From hospitality ?
    certainly a bunch there that don’t look very happy.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Do not play this victory down because of stats etc people, they are thee best team in the league and anyone who finishes above them will win the league minimum second.  Plus we were missing our talisman who actually might of made it more comfortable.

What a win, typical bowyer performance again for the occasion, he just doesn’t disappoint and gets it right when it matters.  MOM tough but for me Leko edges it, he pretty much collapsed at FT run himself into the ground and showed glimpses of really class.  Although Gallagher and Lockyer deserve praise too.

Said I’d be happy with three points from the next three before KO, anything is a bonus now.
    @Covered End @bolloxbolder

Im intrigued, what’s funny chaps?
  • Options
    Do not play this victory down because of stats etc people, they are thee best team in the league and anyone who finishes above them will win the league minimum second.  Plus we were missing our talisman who actually might of made it more comfortable.

What a win, typical bowyer performance again for the occasion, he just doesn’t disappoint and gets it right when it matters.  MOM tough but for me Leko edges it, he pretty much collapsed at FT run himself into the ground and showed glimpses of really class.  Although Gallagher and Lockyer deserve praise too.

Said I’d be happy with three points from the next three before KO, anything is a bonus now.

Leko MOM. He was abouth 8th/9th best. 
  • Options

Game of opinions I guess, but I thought he dug in very well and made a nuisance of himself in a game where he was feeding off scraps.
  • Options

Game of opinions I guess, but I thought he dug in very well and made a nuisance of himself in a game where he was feeding off scraps.
    Yes he did well, but I just checked and he came out bottom of the stats bank (apart from Aneke's cameo). 
  • Options

Yeah Leko mom. Comical assessment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes he did well, but I just checked and he came out bottom of the stats bank (apart from Aneke's cameo). 
    I’m probably subconsciously rating high because I can see him as a potential scape goat if things start going wrong which would be very harsh, I did think he was the only one who took a player on when he got it at his feet.
  • Options

I’m probably subconsciously rating high because I can see him as a potential scape goat if things start going wrong which would be very harsh, I did think he was the only one who took a player on when he got it at his feet.
    I think everyone thought he had a decent game, but he was the worst not best of a game, where everyone played well. 
  • Options

Yeah Leko mom. Comical assessment. 
    Like I said he edges it for me, in a game where clearly the entire XI deserved praise.
  • Options
    As praiseworthy as all the starters were, the team as a whole worked so much better because of the improved movement up front from Macauley Bonne over that offered by Tomer Hemed.  Woman in the row in front of us summed it up most succinctly after about an hour "that youngster's just so much better than that slow fat bloke we saw last time, he's no Lyle Taylor but he don't half put a shift in"