Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Looks like Bonne was pulled to the ground so should have been a penalty i reckon if the ball hadn't gone in.
  • Options
    Enjoyed that and well worth the five quid for the stream. We battled and fought but let's face it Leeds were a different class until they reached our penalty area. Lucky for us that Bamford looks like a total ponce and they kept Nketiah off until later in the game. I don't remember us having any shots on goal, not even for the goal. 

I know I should just celebrate a great win but I still worry we don't create much and that Leko is great at receiving the ball and turning his man but rarely offers any end product. 

Solly was immense.
  • Options
    Enjoyed that and well worth the five quid for the stream. We battled and fought but let's face it Leeds were a different class until they reached our penalty area. Lucky for us that Bamford looks like a total ponce and they kept Nketiah off until later in the game. I don't remember us having any shots on goal, not even for the goal. 

I know I should just celebrate a great win but I still worry we don't create much and that Leko is great at receiving the ball and turning his man but rarely offers any end product. 

Solly was immense.
    They were different class in that they played a high tempo game that cut out the close proximity football skills; whereas Charlton’s squad is jam packed with players with those skills in abundance and who like to mix it and challenge for the ball. The stats show Leeds had the greater possession by virtue of the fact that the ball was in flight from one of their players to another one of their players but I would hazard a guess that our players probably matched them on time when the ball was actually touching the feet of a player of each side. Yesterday, I thought Leeds were a much fitter team and that was their advantage but obviously the fittest team on the pitch was Charlton because they dealt with it and chased the ball down over 96 minutes of play.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    How did we end up with three yellows and they only got one?

Unbelievable Jeff.
    Can anyone explain why the ref didn't send off Bamford for that blatant kick at Conor? It looked so obviously a sending off.
    Probably didn’t see it and the linemen were poor at times yesterday 
  • Options
    Great win 
    great atmosphere 

bamford is a Cnut of a player and I hope he gets 2 footed next match wanker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Davo55 said:
    How did we end up with three yellows and they only got one?

Unbelievable Jeff.
    Can anyone explain why the ref didn't send off Bamford for that blatant kick at Conor? It looked so obviously a sending off.
    Probably didn’t see it and the linemen were poor at times yesterday 
    Were they from Wichita ?  😀
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    great result today.
    My only concern is that we only had 25 per cent possession , at home, when effectively we have a premiership quality midfield, Cullen (West Ham), Gallagher (Chelsea),Williams (Palace),Pratley (various prem teams?).
    We do not have a premiership quality midfield... If any of these players were prem quality, they would be playing there already.... 
    OK, replace quality with pedigree.
    Its much easier to score goals when you have the ball than when you havnt.
  • Options
    Anybody else amused by the animated gestures and arm waving from Bielsa and no less than 3 of his staff in the technical area.
    Like some veterans boy band.
    It amused me to believe they were all shouting contradictory instructions.
    Who did the players listen to?
  • Options
    Anybody else amused by the animated gestures and arm waving from Bielsa and no less than 3 of his staff in the technical area.
    Like some veterans boy band.
    It amused me to believe they were all shouting contradictory instructions.
    Who did the players listen to?
    The interpreter...’ee say kick the ball not to the grey sky where the little man jump higher...’
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Leeds are a very good side. Can't help but think if they had someone better than Bamford up top they would be pissing it.

All our boys were incredible, but we could do with being more clinical when we break with men over.

Fans outstanding again, barely heard Leeds all game.

Was walking back to the station and heard Leeds fans saying that we'll be up there come the end of the season, we keel getting results against the top sides then why the fck not??
    Agree with this, make no mistake they are a very good side and anyone above them at the end of the season will go up. Their movement and passing had us all over the place at times. 

However we don’t know when we are beaten and hung in there with a bit of luck too.

great debut for Bonne, everyone was was outstanding but I thought Leko caused them problems all day long, love his direct running and Gallagher was immense. He is some player for only 19 - absolute top drawer and comfortably MOM
  • Options
    “Charlton defended with a conviction that Leeds lacked in attack.”

Great quote.