Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    What a performance from every single one of them. Leeds can moan all they like about how much possession they had and everything else. With the resources they have they are entitled to dominate games. Tough.
  • Options
    Bamford is overrated and not good enough for a side that has serious ambitions of winning the championship. One good season at Middlesbrough a few years ago and average in every other.

Obviously i don't watch Leeds much, but Nketiah must be shocking in training if he doesn't get a start ahead of him.
    Agreed, bang average. His goal scoring ratio for Leeds is nothing special when you consider the number of chances they make and the possession they have
  • Options
    How long will Leeds give Bielsa and Brentford give Frank before deciding that a change is required given what they have each spent whilst achieving nothing yet . Concerned that either of them will want Bowyer 
  • Options
    Leeds won't be getting rid of Bielsa any time soon and I'm really not sure Bowyer would go to Brentford
  • Options
    First game of the season for me. Not a bad one to start off with!

Everything already said but have to say Solly, Lockyer and Gallagher were absolutely immense today. The rest weren't far behind.

2 things did make me laugh. First time I have seen Aneke in the flesh. Blimey, he's a lump and surely a stone overweight. Watching him trying to outrun a defender was amusing!

Secondly, I couldn't help but laugh at the Leeds supporter who had obviously tried to make a quick getaway in his car (complete with Leeds sticker in the back window and scarf on parcel shelf) down Harvey Gardens and got stuck outside the shop when the crowds presumably started coming out. Poor sod had to sit there and be abused by hundreds walking past! I suspect Charlton may not now be one of his favourite teams!
    Red Astra?
  • Options

Everything already said but have to say Solly, Lockyer and Gallagher were absolutely immense today. The rest weren't far behind.

2 things did make me laugh. First time I have seen Aneke in the flesh. Blimey, he's a lump and surely a stone overweight. Watching him trying to outrun a defender was amusing!

Secondly, I couldn't help but laugh at the Leeds supporter who had obviously tried to make a quick getaway in his car (complete with Leeds sticker in the back window and scarf on parcel shelf) down Harvey Gardens and got stuck outside the shop when the crowds presumably started coming out. Poor sod had to sit there and be abused by hundreds walking past! I suspect Charlton may not now be one of his favourite teams!
    Red Astra?
    If  that was the one he was lucky he never knocked anyone down the speed he tried to get out at.
  • Options
    Conor Gallagher by his honest approach to Football helped 2 players not be sent off. By taking the free kick quick against Birmingham, Davies didn't get his 2nd Yellow because the Ref then forgot about it and the blatant kick by Bamford would surely have seen Red if Conor had rolled on the ground longer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The guy who was driving totally knew what he was doing - car windows wound down & a "bring it on " attitude. 

Loads of Charlton fans giving him & his passenger some friendly abuse especially when he couldn't drive any further, surrounded by our lot & with a couple of policemen approaching. I bet he was thinking he'd be lauding it following another 3 points for his team.....lol.

One young man, who shall remain nameless, took his wad of chewing gum out of his mouth & lobbed it through the window onto the driver's lap. 

Bet the Leeds guys wished their strikers had such good aim today ! 
    Imagine what would of happened to them if they done that down Millwall.
  • Options
    Reading everyone’s reports I’m getting a bit emotional , it really was an epic(I fucking hate that word) performance .
    I can’t believe how much graft went in to it , I’m knackered just thinking about it ....

Every Saturday we follow .....
  • Options
    Bielsa is suffering from Mowbray Syndrome by believing they should be beating teams like Charlton without giving the Addicks the respect we deserve.
    Long may it continue where the so-called bigger teams underestimate the might of Charlton Athletic.

"Small team from Sheffield, you're just a small team from Sheffield!!"

• Options
    A Leeds mate just informed me that our goal was the first goal they had conceded in the first half all season, not sure how true that is but well done boys.
  • Options
    I thought Brentford were better than Leeds and that was with Lyle Taylor playing.
  • Options

The guy who was driving totally knew what he was doing - car windows wound down & a "bring it on " attitude. 

Loads of Charlton fans giving him & his passenger some friendly abuse especially when he couldn't drive any further, surrounded by our lot & with a couple of policemen approaching. I bet he was thinking he'd be lauding it following another 3 points for his team.....lol.

One young man, who shall remain nameless, took his wad of chewing gum out of his mouth & lobbed it through the window onto the driver's lap. 

Bet the Leeds guys wished their strikers had such good aim today ! 
    Imagine what would of happened to them if they done that down Millwall.
    Stone Island carnage?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leeds won't be getting rid of Bielsa any time soon and I'm really not sure Bowyer would go to Brentford
    This is Bielsa’s last year at Leeds if they don’t go up. He almost left at the end of last season. He is on a crazy £6M per season in The Championship and the club can’t keep that up much longer if they don’t get promoted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't really like this guy.

He’s got a point though...
    And we got 3.

Bloke's a sore loser with the same touchline etiquette as Steve Evans.
  • Options
    I wasn't there yesterday, but after conceding two fairly basic goals from set pieces against Wigan it was really heartening to see us keep a clean sheet yesterday. Huge credit to Bowyer and the defence for tightening up so quickly.
  • Options
    Apart from the late chance where I thought it was going to be a goal, Leeds were pretty toothless throughout. I have never seen a team with that much possession fashion so few decent chances. 
  • Options
     If the game v Brentford was anything like that,  I wonder how we weren’t carting people off to hospital with heart trouble. 
    Funny you should say that, I had heart surgery soon after!!!!