Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Forget all those stats about possession, shots etc. There's only one stat that matters - and that's the final scoreline. So, 1-0 it is to the mighty Addicks.
     Brilliant game plan by LB and immense performances from Phillips, Gallagher and Solly.
     Not impressed by Leeds. If they are meant to be nailed on for promotion, then we have nothing to fear from other teams in the Championship.
  • Leeds would be a class act but need a top class Striker at the end of all their play

Maybe we benefited from the fact that Pablo Hernandez was missing in Midfield today

Bamford was invisible for huge periods - Doesnt impress me enough
  • edited September 2019
    Not a great game...very scrappy & of course "dirty Leeds" only got 1 player booked to our 3...!!. But the only stat that matters is the top one....1-0. 

Gallagher MOTM for me but Lockyer wasn't that far behind. The latter getting his head onto virtually all the crossess that came into the box, especially the first half when Leeds were playing well & we needed to steady the ship. 

We were a bit wasteful 2nd half when on 2 occasions we broke with the ball - 1st one Leko over ran the ball instead of passing & 2nd one Aneke's pass was woefully short & was easily cut out. Need to be more clinical in these positions but I understand both players are punching above their weight, especially when compared to the riches most teams have at their disposal. 

Apart from that you can't really complain. This league is tough but if we can keep scrapping & picking up points then 10th-14th place should be doable. I dont expect  anything more.....its not realistic especially when you think for the next 6-8 games we will be without our main striker & currently playing with very raw talent up front.

Swansea will be another tough game & would take a point now if you offered it to me.
  • Excellent effort all round and dogged determination formed a great afternoons football.
    Couple of dubious distributions from Phillips but Gallagher MOM all day long.
    Great result proving we can beat any team in this league with or without Taylor (prefer it with him though!).
  • edited September 2019
    No team in this league have won more than 5 games and whilst there 8 teams on that number, we are one of them. No one could have predicted that and today is a tremendous boost to our confidence, we beat the 2nd best team in the division and 2nd best manager (after us and Bow).

So sad I cant get to the Valley till November.
  • WSS said:
    It wasn't as back to the wall as the stats suggests. Phillips didn't make a save really.

A draw would have been fair but it definitely wasn't a lucky win.
    Great. That's stats for you.
  • Stig said:
    Sounded really tense on the radio. Well done Charlton.
     Looked even more tense at the ground. 
  • Sponsored links:

•  If the game v Brentford was anything like that,  I wonder how we weren’t carting people off to hospital with heart trouble. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    MACAULEY BONNE YOU ABSOLUTE ZIMBABWEAN BEAUTY!
    Born in Ipswich, Zimbabwe.  :smile:

It could be Notlob for all I care. 
  • great result today.
    My only concern is that we only had 25 per cent possession , at home, when effectively we have a premiership quality midfield, Cullen (West Ham), Gallagher (Chelsea),Williams (Palace),Pratley (various prem teams?).
  • I just wanna ask; Was that bright luminous pink really that absolutely necessary?
    Maybe not necessary but I liked it.
  • Boy did those Addicks put in a shift , great result. Great to see Sarr have a good game after a shaky spell and show he can step up to the higher level
  • Sponsored links:

• Talking to wife over dinner. I told her about the possession stat and she replied simply ' the defence must be really good,'
    Bows must be buzzing tonight. No wonder he doesn't want to get off this ride. Well done all. 
  • Yes OG for me too.
    Keeper pushed it out and it bounced back in off Bonne's arse... How is that an Oggy?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yes OG for me too.
    Keeper pushed it out and it bounced back in off Bonne's arse... How is that an Oggy?
    Didn't touch Bonne. Went in off Stuart Dallas who was marking Bonne.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yes OG for me too.
    Didn't touch Bonne. Went in off Stuart Dallas who was marking Bonne.
    Disagree. It hit Bonne. There is no Var so let it be.
  • Every club has its fair share of bellends as supporters. 
    But I must say Leeds have far more than their fair share. 
    Pricks. 
    Well all those bragging about having tickets in the home ends were very well mannered. Not a peep.
  • Croydon said:
    Did anyone notice the ball bounce completely out of play in front of the east stand, but the spin brought it back in and we played on? The lino down our end was comically bad.
    Yep