Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Yupn a dub a doo. ..met a few leeds fans on the way up this morning who said we were cannon fodder..well kop that..
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Really didn't see that coming. Superb spirit from the boys. 
    I did ..  1-0 was my prediction. Only thing I got wrong was the scorer. Thought Akpo Sodje might come up with the winner. It wasn't pretty at times. Sometimes it was backs to the wall. But it's all about scoring goals. They had 70% possession and 19 shots. But they only had 3 on target, the same as us So, in my book, it's a well deserved win because we scored and they didn't. Hats off to the back four and the midfielders. We're a bit light up front but we know that but JL and MB played their part by tracking back and helping out. Fantastic team effort ... FANTASTIC TEAM EFFORT, I say. Have a couple of days off, lads. Feet up and get yourselves ready for Wednesday. You have another big game. Well done Lee Bowyer and your team. Kudos .. Keep up thegood work ...UP THE ADDICKS
  • Options
  • Options
    Macronate said:

We don’t do wasteful shots 
  • Options
    Anyone got a link of the goal?
  • Options
    Leeds were very smooth for first 20 but our midfield chased them down time and again. Gallagher is some player, he never lets the opponent settle. Bonne got better as the game went on. Defence were awesome with Lockyer controlling things. Onwards and upwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leeds were very smooth for first 20 but our midfield chased them down time and again. Gallagher is some player, he never lets the opponent settle. Bonne got better as the game went on. Defence were awesome with Lockyer controlling things. Onwards and upwards.
    Leeds were very fit for 30 minutes but forgot the game is called ‘football’, not ‘let’s run around a lot very quickly and hope the other team give up’
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think Gallagher was MOTM personally. Never stopped working. Intercepted, harrassed and bullied far more experienced players.
    Pray to god he is not allowed to be called back in Jan.
  • Options
    I just wanna ask; Was that bright luminous pink really that absolutely necessary?
  • Options
    How did we end up with three yellows and they only got one?

Unbelievable Jeff.
    Yes, that was surprising 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone got a link of the goal?
    On the sky sports app now.
  • Options

“We’ve just beaten, for me, the best team in the league.” 

https://twitter.com/louismend/status/1177982693646241792?s=21

• Options
    Well done Bows and the lads...

I'll absolutely second (and third!) that!!!(super) shades of last season - blinder- BRAVO, roll on!!!!!
  • Options
    Amazing result. I've been 3 times this season and we lost and failed to score in each of them !! Looks like I better stay away !!

• Options
    My 8 year olds first Charlton game, hopefully given her the bug (though that might be cruelty!) I though we were solid, and although Leeds were all over us at times, they didn't have too many clear cut chances. Lockyer was probably my mom, loved Sarr as well, Solly defended well, impressed by Bonne, they all count!
  • Options
    2 points off top, but more importantly now 12 points clear of relegation!

Oh and now 7 clear of the Spanners.
    Any other season I'd say we're net 1 clear of the Spanners given we've still got to play them twice but with Lord Bowyer in charge I'll make it net 13 clear instead.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Leeds are a very good side. Can't help but think if they had someone better than Bamford up top they would be pissing it.

All our boys were incredible, but we could do with being more clinical when we break with men over.

Fans outstanding again, barely heard Leeds all game.

Was walking back to the station and heard Leeds fans saying that we'll be up there come the end of the season, we keel getting results against the top sides then why the fck not??
    Outsinging over 3k away fans is a good sign.