Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    2 points off top, but more importantly now 12 points clear of relegation!

Oh and now 7 clear of the Spanners.
    Any other season I'd say we're net 1 clear of the Spanners given we've still got to play them twice but with Lord Bowyer in charge I'll make it net 13 clear instead.
    Predicted we will beat them at the start of the season and I still believe it. 
  • Options
    Phillips MOM?
    No chance. He didn’t do anything wrong and made a couple of decent saves - he played well, but then again, so did pretty much everyone.

However, Gallagher and Lockyer were absolutely immense. MOM could only go to one of those two.
    Lockyer.
  • Options
    Phillips MOM?
    No chance. He didn’t do anything wrong and made a couple of decent saves - he played well, but then again, so did pretty much everyone.

However, Gallagher and Lockyer were absolutely immense. MOM could only go to one of those two.
    Lockyer.
    I’m inclined to agree, but I’d say Gallagher was a close second.
  • Options
    Can anyone shed any light on what looked to be an insane save by Dillon at the end?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Looks like Field made another great block a la Brentford!

Definitely looks like Bonne's backside goal! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can anyone shed any light on what looked to be an insane save by Dillon at the end?
    I thought field put in a block rather than Phillips saving, unless I’m thinking of a different incident 
  • Options
    Gonna smash em.

11/2, fill ya boots

Thanks for the tip oh wise one. Got a boost to 6s.

That's tonight's meal and wine paid for.
  • Options
    Wow. Great defensive performance  though we did have the run of the ball today, we score a lucky goal whereas 3 times the ball bobbled across our goal without going in .

Shocking lack of cutting edge from Leeds.

I actually thought Cullen was MOTM as he was everywhere today. Solly was excellent  as were Lockyer and Pratley. Dillon's keeping was excellent but his kicking and distribution terrible, poor game management at the end the way he kept giving Leeds back the ball 
  • Options
    Superb battling performance & deserved win. Gallagher MOM, but Lockyer was also excellent, although they all were tbf. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Agree MOM was Gallagher, but great all round showing. Glad to see Bonne get one, this win should do wonders for our belief
    Even if it was a lucky deflection off his arse!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Macronate said:

We don’t do wasteful shots 
    Except it wasn't a shot that went in. Keepet saved it and it went in of Bonne's arse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    didn’t see that coming. 

Get in. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    Phillips Charlton’s number 1 for sure - but Gallagher? What a talent!

More when I get home and sober up!
    Gallagher has such an enormous future in front of him ... so fortunate we got him this season. 
    Or half season. 🙈
  • Options
    Superb battling performance & deserved win. Gallagher MOM, but Lockyer was also excellent, although they all were tbf. 
    Yes, unfair to single out anyone really. Especially from the back four. After a shaky opening they all looked extremely solid and didn’t put a foot wrong. Work rate from the midfield and forwards was off the charts. 
  • Options
    proves stats mean f**k all
    Well done Lee bowyers red army
  • Options
    Superb that the two loss run has been well and truly stopped in its tracks (on home turf!!)...what a cracking performance all 'round...hats off to Bows, JJ and a gutsy Team, who battle to the very end - against the odds - brilliant, roll on!!!!
  • Options
    See the sky highlights.  It was an unbelievable block from Field. Also looks like an own goal too.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    Phillips Charlton’s number 1 for sure - but Gallagher? What a talent!

More when I get home and sober up!
    Gallagher has such an enormous future in front of him ... so fortunate we got him this season. 
    Chelsea are probably wishing they'd given us Ampadu as well, seeing as he's yet to play at all for Leipzig.

Bielik last season and Gallagher this, means we'll be near the front of the queue for young loan players from the big clubs.
    Deservedly so