Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yes OG for me too.
    Keeper pushed it out and it bounced back in off Bonne's arse... How is that an Oggy?
    Didn't touch Bonne. Went in off Stuart Dallas who was marking Bonne.
    Can't go back and check but the 2nd or 3rd replay seemed to show it came off his arse.
  • Options
    At the beginning of the match thread, most were complaining about the team and some saying we would be thrashed, I wrote

"Just remember, when we win, how everyone said what a good team LB put out with his different tactics  "

Not bad eh  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen Sky highlights, looked like an OG to me.
  • Options
    Not bothered about the game tbh as I've already written it off.

However, what is a concern  & one I will state now as not to be I told you so later......
    The East Stand toilets. One cubicle in the block nearest the JS Stand (not the closed block obviusly) is blocked & already overflowing , making the floor to 2 other cubicles wet. This is only going to get worse & by 4.55 when a few thousand blokes who have had a few pints want to relieve themselves before the journey home it will be carnage.

Anyone with any sense would open the closed block but  cant find a steward on the concourse to alert.......
    @golfaddick Was hoping to get your update on what happened with the East stand loos??
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I don't really like this guy.

He’s got a point though...
    I would be happy to see Leeds miss promotion again except if they do, Lee will be his replacement. Lee can't stop talking in the press about how much he liked being at Leeds and even gave the Leeds-salute to their away fans after the match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the Bonne/OG debate...we’ve got good in-house pitchside footage from behind the goal which shows the final touch is off Bonne’s back. No danger of it going down as an own-goal. 
    Excellent Olly, would be good to see that.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    On the Bonne/OG debate...we’ve got good in-house pitchside footage from behind the goal which shows the final touch is off Bonne’s back. No danger of it going down as an own-goal. 
    Really pleased to hear that, Olly.

Bonne deserved his goal for his application, hard work and very decent performance.
    And for being in the right place at the right time!

• Options
    First game of the season for me. Not a bad one to start off with!

Everything already said but have to say Solly, Lockyer and Gallagher were absolutely immense today. The rest weren't far behind.

2 things did make me laugh. First time I have seen Aneke in the flesh. Blimey, he's a lump and surely a stone overweight. Watching him trying to outrun a defender was amusing!

Secondly, I couldn't help but laugh at the Leeds supporter who had obviously tried to make a quick getaway in his car (complete with Leeds sticker in the back window and scarf on parcel shelf) down Harvey Gardens and got stuck outside the shop when the crowds presumably started coming out. Poor sod had to sit there and be abused by hundreds walking past! I suspect Charlton may not now be one of his favourite teams!
    Fuck him 
  • Options
    Glad there was no trouble as well. Ok, there was a small red car full of Leeds fans trying to drive past the crowd at full time, and getting the mocking of a lifetime, and we did pass a Charlton fan who had been bundled by about 10 police officers, but apart from that...