Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leeds United | Sat 28 Sep | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell
     Great win. Hope we can avoid too many 25 per cent possession matches over next 8 months..
  • Options
    Bloody hell
     Great win. Hope we can avoid too many 25 per cent possession matches over next 8 months..
    Apart from the first half hour when Leeds ran around a lot, I didn’t notice our lack of possession, i was too busy watching our control of the game 
  • Options
    Thought Gallagher was MOTM for us and Sarr played some excellent stuff. We defended resolutely but couldn't keep the ball. Leko needs a footballing brain.

Battling performance against a good side.
  • Options
    Fantastic 3 points, thought Leeds worked hard but nothing much up front. As for possession well the ref didn’t help us much with some awful decisions.
  • Options
    Great defensive performance every player put in a real shift. Pratley was the stand-out for me. All the years I've supported us I have never known us miss an injured player like we miss Lyle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Southbank said:
    Phillips MOM?
    No chance. He didn’t do anything wrong and made a couple of decent saves - he played well, but then again, so did pretty much everyone.

However, Gallagher and Lockyer were absolutely immense. MOM could only go to one of those two.
    Phillips MOM?
    No chance. He didn’t do anything wrong and made a couple of decent saves - he played well, but then again, so did pretty much everyone.

However, Gallagher and Lockyer were absolutely immense. MOM could only go to one of those two.
    Phillips kicking was absolutely shocking. He licked it straight into touch 6 times, meaning Leeds came straight back at us. Twice he did not reach the half way line from a goal kick and on 2 other occasions he kicked it to the other side of the pitch from where our attack was waiting. How this cannot be ironed out I do not understand.
    After all this time you have found out why his distribution is so bad. He needs to start kicking it. 
  • Options
    Good defensive performance and our midfield didn’t stop working... 

naby sarr didn’t put a foot wrong from what I saw.... and our centre mids Gallagher, Cullen and Pratley were outstanding today.

fantastic result, even more excited for Wednesday now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First game I have watched on CAFC player. Was impressed with Lockyer and Gallagher. Lockyer stepping in when Gallagher got taken out was nice to see. Good fighting spirit in this team
  • Options
    We did buy Kayal and Hemed knowing they couldn't be introduced straight away. Also the FA did not help with Hemed missing 3/4 games for fitness.
  • Options
    Gallagher seems to have it all. Intelligence, running, quick feet, vision, tackle, goal scoring, and always knows where to be on the pitch. So so lucky to have him and to have Bowyer bringing the best out him.

A joy to watch that today. All of them. Just hope Williams has not got an injury. Looked to be holding his groin before going off. 
  • Options
    Another point Bow made on the radio was why can't all teams adhere to a Saturday / Tuesday format?  That way recovery times would at least be equal to all.  OK we have an extra day before the next game, but then we meet Fulham on Saturday at 12.00.  Fulham will have played on the Tuesday and had the extra day to recover before the early start on Saturday.
    Sky like to have six games on Tuesday and six games on Wednesday because then they can show them all on the tele with an even distribution.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Phillips MOM?

Phillips MOM?

Phillips kicking was absolutely shocking. He licked it straight into touch 6 times, meaning Leeds came straight back at us. Twice he did not reach the half way line from a goal kick and on 2 other occasions he kicked it to the other side of the pitch from where our attack was waiting. How this cannot be ironed out I do not understand.
    Big fan of Phillips but have to agree some of his kicking was really poor today particularly his goalkicks which played us into trouble - needs to work on this.
  • Options
    Another point Bow made on the radio was why can't all teams adhere to a Saturday / Tuesday format?  That way recovery times would at least be equal to all.  OK we have an extra day before the next game, but then we meet Fulham on Saturday at 12.00.  Fulham will have played on the Tuesday and had the extra day to recover before the early start on Saturday.
    Sky like to have six games on Tuesday and six games on Wednesday because then they can show them all on the tele with an even distribution.
    Someone should “talk” with the people at Sky.

• Options
    Not quite sure how we managed it, but a great results and to cap it off a small win thanks to Bonne.

I hope you've got the money because looking at the Sky highlights it looks like an OG to me.
  • Options
    Yes OG for me too.