Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Brom v Charlton | Sat 26 Oct | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I dont think that angle shows the force of Sarr being sent down
  • Options
    https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11095/11841230/sky-bet-efl-live 

Goals and sending off available on sky sports website 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Great performances all over the pitch. Our midfield 3 was particularly strong. We look a better team without Leko in the starting line up. Pratley MotM.
  • Options
    Before the break beat Leeds, lose midweek to Swansea, draw 2-2 at Fulham

After the break, beat Derby, lose midweek to Bristol,  draw 2-2 at WBA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Another 4 points out of a possible 9 against teams going for promotion. I’ll take that all day long . 
    Copycat ;)
    Didn’t see your post . Great minds and all that ! 
  • Options
    Me & littleun there...wot a game that was overall a fair result,everybody on that field just don’t know how to quit...spesh mention to Dills our No1,Cullen with that pen too...
    LB/JJ/SG/AM dream team...

oh n We Fuckin Love This/Our Club...
  • Options
    Blatant handball by Robson-Kanu
    Cheers Gary, I spoke in my piece about it being a doubtful penalty for us but the same could be said about their second goal!! - Officials were certainly off the pace today, Livermore was without doubt lucky to be on the pitch after just two minutes today whilst they couldnt even get the basis right (i.e. Sarr being shoved off the ball yet no Free-Kick)

Bit like Linnington's decision not to give Pearce a Free-Kick in the dying stages on Wednesday

Sometimes you get the luck going your way (it didnt on Wednesday), sometimes it does (it kinda did today)
  • Options
    2121 said:
    great result. given all the injuries i though or midfield were epic today! best midfield performance ive seen from CAFC this season. Terrible ref.
    Massive month coming up, all winnable games!
    I haven't seen the game so will take your word for it.

But he did send their player off and give us a soft penalty in the last minute. Not the actions of a terrible ref, surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One thing I'll say about the "soft" penalty: when the pillock clashes into Sarr, you can see as he peels off of him his left arm is tugging Sarr around.
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    Great result today. As an aside watching SSN reminded me of what a bell Clinton Morrison is. Of all the ex-pros out there how the hell is he on the telly?! 
    He may not last on TV.  Jeff Stelling gave him a rollocking for using the a similar word that starts with a B.
  • Options
    No doubt Stelling will be labelled a racist?
  • Options
    West Brom fans on twitter saying it wasnt a red, how on earth can you say thats not a red
    Ask Clinton Morrison.

Not a red card as far as he's concerned.

Twat.
  • Options
    Great thread too
    Thanks to all contributers
    Always appreciated
  • Options
    Is that 5 for Bonne now?
  • Options
    We deserved that. Again, luck wasn't with us but we kept plugging away and got what we deserved. Can't help feeling though that we could have won that (like Wednesday). Overall, feeling pretty satisfied after that one but would have been gutted (again, like Wednesday) if Robson-Kanu had sunk that one at the end.

I must admit I wasn't sure that Bows did the right thing by replacing Pratley with Aneke, especially after they got their 2nd shortly after. But, fine margins and the penalty leveled it which we deserved.

You've got to give it to Bows - he delivers entertainment. That was a cracking game.

Overall, considering our injuries, we played well. I didn't think Naby had his best game and I'm not a fan of Oztumer. 

I thought the referee was poor.