Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Brom v Charlton | Sat 26 Oct | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    We've come a long way in a short space of time.

In the last 3 weeks we've gone away to Fulham, Bristol City and West brom and not been outplayed by any of them. Only 2 points but with a bit of luck it could've been 5-6. Full credit to Bowyer and the team that we're more than matching clubs with budgets way bigger than ours.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    What a quality day.

Set off this morning feeling fine, returning feeling even better. This team has everything. We have the grit, determination and ability to compete with anyone in this league. Don’t let the sending off sway opinions because we were the better side throughout. Granted, Phillips had to make some vital stops, but so did their keeper, how we didn’t score in the first half is a mystery to me. But the thing that Bow has installed so well is the persistence and how this group of players stick together and keep going and going, doing the things that we are so good at, what has got us this far. They never know when they’re beaten and we have the quality amongst the squad to match.

To think what we have achieved so far, now factor in the injuries we have and to the personnel too. Add in the 3 games in a week, the travelling, the lack of recovery time and training. For these players to go to the current league leaders and put in that way performance and deserve to come away with more is nothing short of phenomenal. I’m so proud of our club and our team.

Now the support. Along with the team, we are something that has improved so much too. We don’t stop and Jackson and Marshall said it recently at Bromley Addicks, Bow has said it before, but we are unbelievable. We play our part and keep the lads going when it gets tough. I don’t think this can be underestimated because I know that the players and staff greatly appreciate us.

Now almost back into London but it’s so been worth it. I won’t go naming all the individual players because they all deserve credit in their own right. But I want to mention a couple. It would only be fair to say how much Bonne has improved in such a short space of time. He is now beaming with confidence and is producing the goods. Well done Macca. Cullen was brave and it was a superbly taken penalty under pressure when the West Brom players were getting in his face.

This team and our support can do whatever we want in this league because with the players still to come back from
    inury, and the quality and heart throughout the squad, we have everything.
    Not sure I'd agree we were the better team. At times they cut through our defence at will, and probably missed more sitters than we did 

A deserved point yes,  but West Brom were very good at times, far better than Derby last Saturday and Brizzle on Wednesday 
  • Options
    Anyone else think that first West Brom goal was an OG?

• Options
    cabbles said:
    How Clinton Morrison can say that it shouldn’t have been a red card, is beyond me.
    Laughable coming from a man who managed to ‘find’ some Irish heritage to get some sort of intl career.  
    I put the subtitles on when he is on the television.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace and the Millwall of the Midlands were the perfect clubs for him. Poor pundit in my view.
  • Options
    Hands up if you recognise anyone

• Options
    Sage said:
    What a quality day.

Set off this morning feeling fine, returning feeling even better. This team has everything. We have the grit, determination and ability to compete with anyone in this league. Don’t let the sending off sway opinions because we were the better side throughout. Granted, Phillips had to make some vital stops, but so did their keeper, how we didn’t score in the first half is a mystery to me. But the thing that Bow has installed so well is the persistence and how this group of players stick together and keep going and going, doing the things that we are so good at, what has got us this far. They never know when they’re beaten and we have the quality amongst the squad to match.

To think what we have achieved so far, now factor in the injuries we have and to the personnel too. Add in the 3 games in a week, the travelling, the lack of recovery time and training. For these players to go to the current league leaders and put in that way performance and deserve to come away with more is nothing short of phenomenal. I’m so proud of our club and our team.

Now the support. Along with the team, we are something that has improved so much too. We don’t stop and Jackson and Marshall said it recently at Bromley Addicks, Bow has said it before, but we are unbelievable. We play our part and keep the lads going when it gets tough. I don’t think this can be underestimated because I know that the players and staff greatly appreciate us.

Now almost back into London but it’s so been worth it. I won’t go naming all the individual players because they all deserve credit in their own right. But I want to mention a couple. It would only be fair to say how much Bonne has improved in such a short space of time. He is now beaming with confidence and is producing the goods. Well done Macca. Cullen was brave and it was a superbly taken penalty under pressure when the West Brom players were getting in his face.

This team and our support can do whatever we want in this league because with the players still to come back from
    Top post Sage...,that was class today,on the pitch & in the stands,my littleun (9) has been to a few aways...& she says it’s so brilliant being part of it...I honestly prepared her for a tonking today...(me bad dad,I know)...obv inside I was praying for any kind of result & boy the united team of players,LB/JJ/AM/SG & supporters all delivered...once again...!!

bring on the Bauer & his Preston boys...
  • Options
    Sage said:
    What a quality day.

Not sure I'd agree we were the better team. At times they cut through our defence at will, and probably missed more sitters than we did 

A deserved point yes,  but West Brom were very good at times, far better than Derby last Saturday and Brizzle on Wednesday 
    All about opinions mate and that’s completely fair, I see where you’re coming from. Far better than Derby, 100%, but first half we were the better side without doubt. Chances wise I do think we missed more, Phillips made some vital saves and was excellent at times. However, first half we created so many openings, Bonne, Gallagher, Sarr, Oztumer whilst second half Cullen missed a huge chance to make it 2-1 to us.

They got through us well I’d admit, but they used their wide pitch to their advantage and we literally passed the ball to them in dangerous positions at times too. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Dean Ashton's comment. "He was hardly likely to swivel and put that in the top corner" . Actually Dean if you watch football, the Nabster is quite capable of doing just that. And you wouldn't have had a sniff against him. 
  • Options
    Anyone else think that first West Brom goal was an OG?

No chance. Definitely their player’s goal.
  • Options
    Can’t understand why Ferguson would stand there whilst all the mayhem surrounding the sending off was going on. Wonder what Diangana said to him afterwards? Probably, what we’re you doing you cheating twat!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can’t understand why Ferguson would stand there whilst all the mayhem surrounding the sending off was going on. Wonder what Diangana said to him afterwards? Probably, what we’re you doing you cheating twat!
    ValleyPass commentary was saying that Ferguson went up to the referee straight after the red was shown to Diangana saying that there was mistaken identity
  • Options
    ValleyPass commentary was saying that Ferguson went up to the referee straight after the red was shown to Diangana saying that there was mistaken identity
    Right. Ok. I was just watching the highlights on Quest. It didn’t look like he was keen to get off the pitch. 
  • Options
    Great game, going home now. 
    That is all. 
  • Options
    Unreal how they keep going , brilliant battling performances and they really do leave it all out there .
    That penalty by Cullen wallop .
    Deffo red , deffo handball and deffo the lamest penalty that will be in any of our matches this season.

word of caution cos everyone’s too happy and that’s not my scene
    8 points from the last 8 games is potentially relegation form , thankfully we have the buffer of 14 points from the first 6 games (promotion form ! ) 
    We have 4 points more than 16th placed Derby , this league is so tight so every point will be precious .
    Scum only 4 points behind us , please let it be at least that way after next weekends fixtures can’t have them going above us on November 9th .

Of the players missing through injury if everyone was fit who would be starting?  Taylor and Williams the rest firm up the squad .
    We need them two back to turn the draws in to victories .

Watched on and off on the WBA feed (paid £5 to not watch it on the poxy Valley Pass app for the second week running ) and their commentators are as biased as I’ve ever heard absolute clowns 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    What a quality day.

All about opinions mate and that’s completely fair, I see where you’re coming from. Far better than Derby, 100%, but first half we were the better side without doubt. Chances wise I do think we missed more, Phillips made some vital saves and was excellent at times. However, first half we created so many openings, Bonne, Gallagher, Sarr, Oztumer whilst second half Cullen missed a huge chance to make it 2-1 to us.

They got through us well I’d admit, but they used their wide pitch to their advantage and we literally passed the ball to them in dangerous positions at times too. 
    In the first half, while I think we shaded it they had several really dangerous breaks. 

In the second half they definitely stepped up a gear with some really nice one touch football . That Cullen chance was probably our only miss of the second half, indeed it was our best move considering our goals while well taken came from a lucky deflection and a soft penalty!
  • Options
    Great game, going home now. 
    That is all. 
    The West Brom security finally kicked you out.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Their second was a clear handball before he scored it, sending off shouldn't even be discussed, it was so obvious and whilst I would agree Sarr looked for the foul, it was about getting there first and he found it. If it is a foul outside the penalty area it is a foul in it and the WBA player made contact with him. This isn't bias, just plainly obvious. 

If there was VAR, the only decision that would have been overturned would have been their second. So if anybody should be moaning about it, it should be us. But to be fair, the ref looked like he had a decent game and Bilic's comments were a bit over the top....well a lot really. I have no issue with bad losers in football though, bad losers are often good winners.