Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Brom v Charlton | Sat 26 Oct | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    West Bromwich - the area, stadium and fan base - so devoid of any personality or description. 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    The 2 of them are going to be lethal together upfront! I may get called out but Bonne is a far far more natural finisher than Grant! 
     Got to just point out, Bonne's been in the men's game that bit longer.
  • Options
    Dean Ashton's comment. "He was hardly likely to swivel and put that in the top corner" . Actually Dean if you watch football, the Nabster is quite capable of doing just that. And you wouldn't have had a sniff against him. 
    Even so it was a foul in the box. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Yes, what he would have done with it is irrelevant. Sarr got in front and the WBA player went into him. He may not have intended it, and it may have been smart by Sarr, but it was a foul all day long. Sarr didn't dive, he got the challenge he wanted. A soft foul yes, but so what, it was a foul. Seeing it happened in the area, it was a penalty. 100%. Amazed anybody could think differently. As Sarr was unlikely to swivel and put it in the top corner, the WBA defender should have been more careful.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    2 Good 
    - Oztumer played well
    - Bonne continues his goalscoring form.

2 Bad
    - Aneke comes on against 10 men To replace midfielders and we concede... Again
    - 3 players 1 booking away from a one game ban.

• Options
    How can Bilic moan after the handball for their second? As they say these things even themselves out and thankfully they did today.
    Bowyer’s was a more considered post match interview in total contrast.
  • Options
    One part of Bilic post match interview gives us a compliment, but the vast majority is complete nonsense. 

“They are a good side, they run a lot, they pass the ball well. They are very brave, young, enthusiastic and enjoying the season”
  • Options
    Yes, what he would have done with it is irrelevant. Sarr got in front and the WBA player went into him. He may not have intended it, and it may have been smart by Sarr, but it was a foul all day long. Sarr didn't dive, he got the challenge he wanted. A soft foul yes, but so what, it was a foul. Seeing it happened in the area, it was a penalty. 100%. Amazed anybody could think differently. As Sarr was unlikely to swivel and put it in the top corner, the WBA defender should have been more careful.
    It’s not a non contact sport , it all seemed sooooo minimal and minimal contact with players going to the ball is not always a foul. 
    no way anyone would be saying that was a penalty if the other way round (Peter gage excepted) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    - Great day out and great value on tickets and train.
    - West Brom fans were very flat even after they scored their first.
    - Our fans loud and proud again.
    - Very surprised the early possible red card challenge by Livermore wasn’t covered.
    - Positives: Dillon was quality, Oztumer looked lively, Bonne improving by the week and the team always fighting to the end.
    - Negatives: Injuries are holding us back, Aneke imo does not suit the style or tempo we play atm, Sarr made some shocking mistakes that on another day could have finished us and 3 key players walking a tightrope next week ahead of the Millwall game.
    - Our game management has to improve especially after playing 10 men twice at tied scores and only taking one point. 
    - If we can get Lyle back and firing we will have no problems this season especially with Bonne looking so good.
    - Back home in Eltham as the EFL show was starting was great timing.
    - Bilic is crackers.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Roll on millwall we will do em this season trust me. 
    I’ve been saying that since the start of the season ... it will happen. 
    Things changing for the better at ours as well. With Harris in charge I’d have said nailed on, but think it’ll be tight now. Looking forward to it 
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/cjhall83/status/1188130271842971649?s=21

Love to see it - we well and truly rattled West Brom today. Everyone from their manager, staff, players and fans. 
  • Options
    It’s not a non contact sport , it all seemed sooooo minimal and minimal contact with players going to the ball is not always a foul. 
    no way anyone would be saying that was a penalty if the other way round (Peter gage excepted) 
    It isn't but look at the fouls that are given through a game on other parts of the pitch. I agree it was a soft foul but I think it was clever by Sarr as he gave the ref a decision to make. And it was stupid of the WBA player to commit when there was a chance Sarr would get there before him because he was going away from goal. Now you can argue that a foul in the box requires a hard foul rather than a soft one, but I don't think this distinction is in the laws of the game. That would have been a foul in most instances in the middle of the park so it is a foul in the penalty area.

The point I made earlier stands. There was contact and there is no way VAR would have overturned it. What VAR would have overturned was Kanu's hand ball.
  • Options
    You’re always gonna get contact when the balls in the air , if that’s a foul then there’d be a foul every corner for any contact .

• Options
    Brilliant again today, just like we were on Wednesday and this time we might argue that we had a little bit of luck with the penalty but I do not see how the baggies can really moan about the draw. I don’t really think I can add much more to what others have said. I really enjoy watching this team, was my sons first away game and what a game it was. 
    The red card is a clear sending off all day long, he was late and high! Our players reacted to the challenge as I would expect a group to, they didn’t swamp the ref in a way that they describe. 
    Would also like to just point out what a knob Bilic is, running over to our bench when they went 2-1 up. He was lucky Bowyer wasn’t down there. 
  • Options
    Bilic didnt think it was a sending off. Must be off his tits.
    Apparently there are different rules if playing away. Didn't know that before. 
  • Options
    Brilliant again today, just like we were on Wednesday and this time we might argue that we had a little bit of luck with the penalty but I do not see how the baggies can really moan about the draw. I don’t really think I can add much more to what others have said. I really enjoy watching this team, was my sons first away game and what a game it was. 
    The red card is a clear sending off all day long, he was late and high! Our players reacted to the challenge as I would expect a group to, they didn’t swamp the ref in a way that they describe. 
    Would also like to just point out what a knob Bilic is, running over to our bench when they went 2-1 up. He was lucky Bowyer wasn’t down there. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Things changing for the better at ours as well. With Harris in charge I’d have said nailed on, but think it’ll be tight now. Looking forward to it 
    Agree. I can't believe that you've got Rowett in. Bloody great appointment that. 
  • Options
    He also said the ref gave us everything from the first minute to the last.

Apart from the blatant handball for their second goal of course. He didn't mention that.
  • Options
    Bilic is off his fucking rocker... great player but off with the fairies or Baggies.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Agree. I can't believe that you've got Rowett in. Bloody great appointment that. 
    Early days yet but seems to be the perfect fit and certainly seems to be able to get the best out of our players 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    No doubt Stelling will be labelled a racist?
    Bore off. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    They can moan about the ref all they want but he was shocking for us first half. So many fouls on us not given and we were picked up for anything little at all. Livermore should have been sent of in the first min.

He missed the blatant handball for their second and the lino missed 2 obvious offside when they had a period of control which would have allowed  us to get back on the ball and slow it down.

The red was a clear red. Yes the pen was probably a little fortunate but overall a draw was the least we deserved from that game. 

True fighting performance from everyone. And showed some real character to come back late after what happened wednesday and with the context of so many players unavailable.

Was thinking. Who from this team would you want to back you up in a fight? The list just keeps on growing. Pratley, Pearce, Lockyer, Solly are the obvious ones but the likes of Purrington, Phillips, Sarr, Gallagher and Bonne are all showing that fight and commitment too. I love it.

More than a week until Preston now and so hopefully get a few bodies back and give the likes of Kayal and Purrington more time to get back to full fitness. Then another week to Milwall where hopefully we see Lyle (probably off the bench) partner Bonne and we get the first glimpse of the strike partnership which is going to fire us back to the premier league.
    You talk an awful lot of sense when you’re not talking about cricket 
    You mean you are the 2nd person in the world that actually thinks the 100 is a good idea? :)

Funny I actually think I am more knowledgeable about cricket than I am football.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Bows is playing very cute on our prospects this season as he did last year. I think he's doing all of the important things right. We can't win every week, but we are always going to be nearly there. Exciting times every week. Come on Roland spend some money. 
    I'm really interested in Jacksons comment at Bromley as reported that they are looking to freshen the squad up in January! I wonder in what way!
    Swap Aneke and Hemed for fit players, hopefully.
  • Options
    The thing we keep hearing Bowyer day after matches is we are creating lots of chances but we aren't making them count. 

With Taylor back soon it means another goalscorer on the pitch, ozzy has a good scoring record so hopefully him getting a run while Williams is out can add to Conor's goals from midfield. 
  • Options
    You’re always gonna get contact when the balls in the air , if that’s a foul then there’d be a foul every corner for any contact .

But going from the close up, he clipped Sarr's feet while he was in the air, so perhaps it was for that rather than any kind of push?
  • Options
    Hands up if you recognise anyone

3rd pic. Someone snuck in a beer 🤣🤣