Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Dwight Gayle as the forward on loan? Complete guess but don’t get much better than him at this level. 
    At least he can frighten defences, with his face.
  • How about taking a flyer on Andraz Sprorar? Who?

25 year old, 1.86m tall striker in the Slovenian League. 18 goals in 23 matches this year. Not a one hit wonder, either. Scored 34 goals in 36 matches last season. 
  • I said it at least a month ago that we need a big experienced CB who is dominant  in the air to replace Bauer and bolster the defence. We may only have Page missing but the other defenders apart from Lockyer are struggling at this level
    IMO.

CB 6'3" Grant Hall who has captained QPR, has had his injury and other issues in the past (aged 28 contract expires 30/6/20), could well be our man as a permanent signing. Gallen also has past ties with QPR just saying 😉.
  • Thanks for the snippets people, better than what I know which is sweet f all.
  • No ITK whatsoever apart from a bit of mooching around on Twitter (the beacon of truth).  My hunch is:

Nketiah to Bristol City.
    Brewster to Swansea.
    Surridge to us.  (Hence why it’s so low key because he’s about to start against the club he’s just left)
  • Alan Nixon saying he expects Liverpool to use Brewster in the cup at the weekend so that would in theory rule him out of being announced tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• No ITK whatsoever apart from a bit of mooching around on Twitter (the beacon of truth).  My hunch is:

Nketiah to Bristol City.
    Brewster to Swansea.
    Surridge to us.  (Hence why it’s so low key because he’s about to start against the club he’s just left)
    Dunno if Surridge will go back out on loan

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11898971/sam-surridge-bournemouth-recall-striker-from-swansea-loan

He's played 20-games for Swansea this season so hasnt been recalled due to game time

Bournemouth dont forget have injury problems of their own
  • Dwight Gayle as the forward on loan? Complete guess but don’t get much better than him at this level. 
    Wages a problem.
  • Alan Nixon saying he expects Liverpool to use Brewster in the cup at the weekend so that would in theory rule him out of being announced tomorrow.
    A shame that it would make him cup tied for our run.

Nketiah to Bristol City.
    Brewster to Swansea.
    Dunno if Surridge will go back out on loan

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11898971/sam-surridge-bournemouth-recall-striker-from-swansea-loan

He's played 20-games for Swansea this season so hasnt been recalled due to game time

Bournemouth dont forget have injury problems of their own
    Was about to post the same. If Bournemouth want development he is best to stay there as he is now settled and is getting plenty of game time. Swansea haven’t cancelled the loan, Bournemouth have recalled so I suspect it’s to cover their injuries. 
    Wages a problem.
    Got time for Gayle.

When he was at palice he lived 200 yards from me.  The flat he was in would have been a max 400K to buy, or 2K a month to rent.

Good luck to him for seemingly not being a fancy dan.
  • Agreed, hoping for a striker on loan tomorrow, followed by a CM within a few days and we can build from there.
    I think Bows is thinking the same. Two early signings to replace Leko and Kayal. Maybe two more when the takeover goes through on perms, would be enough to keep us up. 
  • edited January 2020
    I’ve heard a whisper that tomorrow’s signing is a centre half who has worked with Gallen before. I have a name but will wait till the announcement to see if it is correct rather than start any hares running. 

Edit. I see from reading through the thread for the first time in a couple of hours that the name I have heard has already been mentioned. 
  • I’ve heard a whisper that tomorrow’s signing is a centre half who has worked with Gallen before. I have a name but will wait till the announcement to see if it is correct than start any hares running. 
    Just say it for Christ sake man 
  • Sponsored links:

• IT'S A LOAN FORWARD
    Even Bowyer said so.....
    I'm pretty sure 
  • I’ve heard a whisper that tomorrow’s signing is a centre half who has worked with Gallen before. I have a name but will wait till the announcement to see if it is correct rather than start any hares running. 
    might be wrong but i think your confusing that with the permanent signing that today's 'fun' on this thread has been about - tomorrow's is a loan 
  • Would be disappointed if its anyone other than a Striker or Midfielder

They're the areas we're weakest, we're playing a formation that isnt working because we dont have enough in either position

If its a Defender (who isnt a Left-Back) I'd be curious to hear what Bowyer has to say

Of course it could just be a case of the Defender being one of three main targets and has become available quicker than the others which is fair enough
  • RedChaser said:
    I said it at least a month ago that we need a big experienced CB who is dominant  in the air to replace Bauer and bolster the defence. We may only have Page missing but the other defenders apart from Lockyer are struggling at this level
    IMO.

CB 6'3" Grant Hall who has captained QPR, has had his injury and other issues in the past (aged 28 contract expires 30/6/20), could well be our man as a permanent signing. Gallen also has past ties with QPR just saying 😉.
    this is my assumption based on what i've read on here today - makes sense
  • Steven Caulker as a curveball
  • Sounding exciting this 
  • Would be disappointed if its anyone other than a Striker or Midfielder

They're the areas we're weakest, we're playing a formation that isnt working because we dont have enough in either position

If its a Defender (who isnt a Left-Back) I'd be curious to hear what Bowyer has to say

Of course it could just be a case of the Defender being one of three main targets and has become available quicker than the others which is fair enough
    2 goals conceded every game except one for the last ten games or so?, we need defenders as a priority. a nil-nil would be good at the moment. We have won one in fourteen games and then had to score three to win. 
  • I’ve heard a whisper that tomorrow’s signing is a centre half who has worked with Gallen before. I have a name but will wait till the announcement to see if it is correct rather than start any hares running. 

Edit. I see from reading through the thread for the first time in a couple of hours that the name I have heard has already been mentioned. 
    I mentioned Grant Hall a few pages back. QPR cb and Gallen has links with QPR. Was it him?

I’d be surprised if that was a loan though. 
  • edited January 2020
    Since no one knows anything, I’ll guess Rhian Brewster. Why not.