Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• striker and midfielder the immediate priority, no question
  • edited January 2020
    I’ve heard a whisper that tomorrow’s signing is a centre half who has worked with Gallen before. I have a name but will wait till the announcement to see if it is correct rather than start any hares running. 

Edit. I see from reading through the thread for the first time in a couple of hours that the name I have heard has already been mentioned. 
    It could only be players who have been at QPR then if they have “worked with Gallen”, from his time as a coach there in 2014-16 ish. 

That would mean Grant Hall who I dismissed because the ITK source said he’s from London... I suppose loosely it could be a London club rather than where he grew up.
  • I’ve heard a whisper that tomorrow’s signing is a centre half who has worked with Gallen before. I have a name but will wait till the announcement to see if it is correct rather than start any hares running. 

Edit. I see from reading through the thread for the first time in a couple of hours that the name I have heard has already been mentioned. 
    It could only be players who have been at QPR then if they have “worked with Gallen”, from his time as a coach there in 2014-16 ish. 

That would mean Grant Hall who I dismissed because the ITK source said he’s from London... suppose loosely it could be a London club.

Unless it's a signing from Hong Kong Pegasus
  • But then the signing tomorrow is a loan according to Cawley. Why would we loan a centre half? Unless we in fact have two players lined up.
  • sam3110 said:
    I’ve heard a whisper that tomorrow’s signing is a centre half who has worked with Gallen before. I have a name but will wait till the announcement to see if it is correct rather than start any hares running. 

That would mean Grant Hall who I dismissed because the ITK source said he’s from London... suppose loosely it could be a London club.

Unless it's a signing from Hong Kong Pegasus
    Their Captain; Chan Siu Ki is a Striker and a Defender so best of both worlds

Not sure if he's from London originally though, Wiki says he was born in Fanling so could be wrong
  • edited January 2020
    Grant Hall also played and captained his side today. WIWALB posted earlier to say that the player he’d heard about did not play today.
  • Since no one knows anything, I’ll guess Rhian Brewster. Why not.
    Will apparently play for Liverpool in the cup this weekend and is then heavily favoured to go to Swansea on loan.

They're the favourites because their manager was England U17 manager when Brewster's eight goals helped win us the U17 World cup.
  • As far as I know, Grant Hall is out of contract at the end of the season.
  • I’ve heard a whisper that tomorrow’s signing is a centre half who has worked with Gallen before. I have a name but will wait till the announcement to see if it is correct rather than start any hares running. 

I mentioned Grant Hall a few pages back. QPR cb and Gallen has links with QPR. Was it him?

I’d be surprised if that was a loan though. 
    henry irving seemed to suggest it is him but is he pretending to be in the know??? who knows??? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    As far as I know, Grant Hall is out of contract at the end of the season.
    Fits in then with the type of player we've been after of late
  • I would guess the priority and easiest deals to do will be a midfielder and striker on loan, to replace Leko and Kayal. 

Then the striker they were already hinting at before Leko got injured.

If they don't think the also need 2 defenders I would be shocked but I think that depends on the level of investment. 
  • Grant Hall. 
  • edited January 2020
    Sage said:
    Contract expires 30/6/20 see my post above 😉
  • What side of defence does he play on?

I'd expect this to be a permanent deal and a midfielder and striker to be loanees from the Prem. If this is a loan I expect the striker to be a permanent deal
  • edited January 2020
    sam3110 said:
    What side of defence does he play on?

I'd expect this to be a permanent deal and a midfielder and striker to be loanees from the Prem. If this is a loan I expect the striker to be a permanent deal
    TransferMarkt says he can play CB | RB | CDM, although he's only ever played nine games where he's not played CB
  • Grant Hall. 
    According to twitter, he was executed in June.  Should fit right in!! 
  • RedChaser said:
    Sage said:
    So you did, sorry I missed it. Lots of posts on here today.
  • Grant Hall will not be the loan signing announced tomorrow. Bowyer said a loan from a “Premier League” club I believe 

That would mean Grant Hall who I dismissed because the ITK source said he’s from London... I suppose loosely it could be a London club rather than where he grew up.
    Yes, Grant Hall is the name I heard too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020

Does he have a hat on?
  • Sage said:
    RedChaser said:
    Sage said:
    So you did, sorry I missed it. Lots of posts on here today.
    No need to apologise mate Hall was mentioned earlier and my post just gives some background info about him after I did a bit of digging and then added 2+2. I'm not ITK BTW 😉
  • Grant Hall played for QPR today. 

He will not be the signing tomorrow and I doubt he would come to us in this window. 

• Crispin Attersley
  • Does he have blue eyes or brown eyes?
  • I think it may be Eddie Nketiah. Left Leeds today to be loaned back out 
  • markmc68 said:
    371 messages and still none the wiser. Only on charlton life. Thanks. 
    It will only take one page for “underwhelmed” to be mentioned several times when the name is released so watch this space.
  • Does he have blue eyes or brown eyes?
    been told its a woman - can see what bowyer meant about strange ideas now
  • Has he got rosy cheeks?
  • edited January 2020
    Richard J said:
    Grant Hall played for QPR today. 

He will not be the signing tomorrow and I doubt he would come to us in this window. 

If Hall comes to us, as I said, I reckoned he will be a permanent signing because I thought Bowyer had already said tomorrow's announcement will be a loan forward from the Prem.