Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• genuinely I've never heard of him.....welcome Andre 
  • If a local journalist states it's done and will be announced in the morning that's not a rumour as we know Richard Cawley has contact with Bowyer and Gallen.

• If a local journalist states it's done and will be announced in the morning that's not a rumour as we know Richard Cawley has contact with Bowyer and Gallen.

It has been announced
  • MrB said:
    Andre Green confirmed
    To add more context to the loan-he was on loan at Preston and never really played so was recalled and sent to us.
  • Have seen him play a few times, exciting attacking midfielder - kind of similar to the Leko mould.

It has been announced
    Good timing to prove my point.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrB said:
    Andre Green confirmed
    To add more context to the loan-he was on loan at Preston and never really played so was recalled and sent to us.
    Oh
  • Have seen him play a few times, exciting attacking midfielder - kind of similar to the Leko mould.
    And England youth pedigree, aged 21 passes height test at 5'11"😉.
  • Direct replacement for Leko, a winger or second striker which is where I suspect we'll use him most. Not available for tonight though.
  • Direct replacement for Leko, a winger or second striker which is where I suspect we'll use him most. Not available for tonight though.
    Dont worry, he can get injured in the cup instead 
  • shine166 said:
    Direct replacement for Leko, a winger or second striker which is where I suspect we'll use him most. Not available for tonight though.
    Dont worry, he can get injured in the cup instead 
    He'll enjoy his goals against WBA.

So........we desperately need a striker that was able to play tonight & we get a winger who can't.

2020 has started well then.
  • Decent player, pretty happy with that. 
  • Why isn't he available tonight, do we know?
    Assume he wasn't registered in time. 
  • Sponsored links:

Saving him for the cup on Sunday, need an old head to child mind the under 10's on the bench 😉
  • Replacement for Leko but don't think it will work out the same. The bloke is a winger and we are going to try use him as a striker, doesn't make sense to me. 
  • We just need bodies at the moment. The situation is that bad. Welcome Andre. 
  • Maybe we will look to switch to the dreaded 4-2-3-1, wouldnt be a bad shout with the personnel we have available.

Phillips
    solly/matthews Lockyer Sarr/pearce Purrington
                     Pratley    Morgan
    Green               Gallagher         Doughty
                          Taylor

Add Williams (who will be back on bench on Sunday) and we could move gallagher back and play JW number 10.
  • edited January 2020
    Now we know why it wasn't leaked. Nobody gave a s**t!

Why the secrecy?
  • @sage Alex Neil explains here why Green has barely played. It is a bit concerning re arthritis in his toe as I don't think that gets better, does it?

https://www.deepdaledigest.com/news/alex-neil-explains-two-problems-for-andre-green/
  • He tore us apart for Villa in pre-season and also did very well against us for Portsmouth last season. 

I've therefore seen him twice and both times he looked very useful. 
  • Replacement for Leko but don't think it will work out the same. The bloke is a winger and we are going to try use him as a striker, doesn't make sense to me. 
    Exactly what we did with Leko.