Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Richard J said:
    Grant Hall played for QPR today. 

He will not be the signing tomorrow and I doubt he would come to us in this window. 

I also don't think it'll be Hall.

Why would he come to us when he's pretty much a regular in a QPR side who are above us?
  • robroy said:
    I think it may be Eddie Nketiah. Left Leeds today to be loaned back out 
    Would be good, but he played 46 mins today
  • Would be great if it’s the Arsenal kid. 

And we keep Taylor!
  • We'll probably end up with Terry Hall.
  • edited January 2020
    sam3110 said:
    What side of defence does he play on?

I'd expect this to be a permanent deal and a midfielder and striker to be loanees from the Prem. If this is a loan I expect the striker to be a permanent deal
    Left Back

In the dressing rooms
  • Richard J said:
    Grant Hall played for QPR today. 

He will not be the signing tomorrow and I doubt he would come to us in this window. 

I also don't think it'll be Hall.

Why would he come to us when he's pretty much a regular in a QPR side who are above us?
    Depends what he’s been told about our future plans and if he hasn’t renewed his contract with only 6 months left it suggests it’s possible 
  • Roll on 10am.
  • Dwight Gayle as the forward on loan? Complete guess but don’t get much better than him at this level. 
    At least he can frighten defences, with his face.
    Jesus christ..
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Richard J said:
    I reckon we need at least five

My wish list 

Left Back. Page is still out. Purrington has been disappointing. 

Central Defender. Lockyer needs a partner who is more reliable than Pearce / Sarr. 

Midfielder. Pratley rotation to replace Kayal / Ledley. 

Two strikers. One to replace Leko and an alternative target man. 
    What we need really depends on the timeframes of injured players coming back and whether we expect to keep lyle or not. So basically a load of information we dont know.

Defense
    I think we are okay for numbers here. I know Purrington is in a tough run at the moment short of form and seemingly short of confidence but the first 10-12 games of the season proved to me that he can be solid at this level in a team performing well. With Page and JFC seemingly back outside running and Doughty proving himself as first choice wing back and capable at left back I wouldn't waste either a loan spot or resources on a left back.

Likewise centre back. We have enough numbers especially with Pratley proving useful in a back 3. Sarr has quality but lacks a bit of consistency and Pearce has the fight and leadership but may be slightly short of quality for this level. Neither are ideal but again the first 10-12 games of the season proved that in a good side with the right setup and a midfield doing its job both of them are capable. If we take the horses for courses approach and use them in different games based on their strengths then I'm happy for the rest of the season.

Midfield
    This is where the real attention is needed as we are so short here but what the of midfielder?

We were told Sam Field was nearing a return a few weeks back but then he had a setback. How long is this likely to be? Will we be sending him back as we have done with Kayal and Leko? If he is back soon then I would say we are covered at the base of the diamond with him and Pratley rotating and Oshilaja as an option.

Cullen is the biggest loss and we need a replacement if hes not due back soon. Having also lost kayal we will likely need 2 for this role. Though returns of JFC/Lasplie and Morgan continuing to improve may just be enough to see us though with 1 signing in this role until Cullen is back.

We need someone to rotate with Gallagher.

The number 10 role we look pretty stocked up with William's, Ozzy and Aneke hut it will depend on when we expect them to return. 

Strikers

Need to replace Leko

Hope Bonne isnt out for long

Keep Lyle or replace if he goes

Hope Hemed is back soon.

So in conclusion. I don't really know.

• I’d guess someone like Jack Clarke on loan would make the most sense. Spurs want him playing and he should be hungry to make an impression after getting little game time at Leeds.
  • We have lost Leko and need to dump Kayal, Hemed and Aneke.
    So we need 2 strikers and 2 attacking midfielders. A defender only if they are qualitatively better than what we have.
  • Aneke close to a return I think. We need to play a long ball game until midfielders return, and he could be useful.
  • Even if it’s Joe Ledley, Kayal , Hemed etc there’ll be fans wanking themselves off about how great a signing it is and in Gallen we trust .

if it’s Lionel Messi, Ronaldo, Kermorgant etc I’ll still be saying we’re shit and going down 
  • Be disappointed if it’s Clarke, he’s an out and out winger. Decent player but I hope we don’t do similar to Leko. Yes Leko turned out ok but still looked uncomfortable playing up top at times. If we want a striker we should sign one, not someone like Clarke and stick him up front. 

• edited January 2020
    1990 as you say Leko was a winger, who did ok as a striker. Can I give you Olly Watkins a converted winger who is now leading scorer in our division.

Flannagan was a winger, there are many more.
  • edited January 2020
    Ronaldo was a winger 😲.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1990 as you say Leko was a winger, who did ok as a striker. Can I give you Olly Watkins a converted winger who is now leading scorer in our division.

Flannagan was a winger, there are many more.
    As was Martin Robinson from the same period

RedChaser said:
    Ronaldo was a winger 😲.
    And so was that French geezer who used to play for Arsenal. He only managed 174 goals in 254 games for them though. 

I believe that Simon chap who used to play for us was a winger once too. Unfortunately, the conversion didn't quite work for him and he remained with the same old Church. 

• RedChaser said:
    Ronaldo was a winger 😲.
    Thierry Henry.
  • I have a feeling it could be that poor lad mentioned by another poster who was injured in the car crash but we are still trying to cut him out the wreckage.
  • As long as he passes the height test and is injury free, he’ll do.
  • Just wonder if we have discovered human cloning, and are bringing in a 23 year old version of Yann.
  • Nobody has mentioned Troy Parrott as the possible "Prem forward loanee"...not ITK, but he need game time and Jose likes us?
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Southbank said:
    We have lost Leko and need to dump Kayal, Hemed and Aneke.
    So we need 2 strikers and 2 attacking midfielders. A defender only if they are qualitatively better than what we have.

Way too soon to say we need to dump Hemed and Aneke. Both could still have important roles to play.
    Yep, give it 2 or 3 seasons  ;)
  • Josh Parker’s back 👍🏻
  • Has anyone got a decent football transfer news app they can recommend please?