Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    Can't wait to find out who the loan signing is tomorrow ..... and reading that 20 posters are "underwhelmed". :smile:
    One of whom will no doubt be WhenIwasLittleBoy
    Dont think its the same player mentioned by him

He says its a perm transfer, this appears to be a loan
    Exactly. Some seem so hell bent in getting a dig in they don’t even read the posts.
  • Sage said:
    Loan deal done and announced tomorrow morning, around 10am I think.

Think there will be at least a couple of permanent deals this month. I also think that by the 10th we will have got in at least 2 players, hopefully 3.

I also am confident that the takeover will be confirmed by the end of this week.

Let’s cut the squabbling, the negativity, and enjoy the new year with some positive things happening very soon. 
    So you know who the player is?
  • WhenIwasLittleboy - in your opinion a good signing for the club? 
    Yes
  • DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Get the petty sniping on here.

Let it go, folks ...... New Year, new hopes.
    We're all on the same side, remember.

We’re all trying to get through a dull day recovering on the settee oggy - can’t beat a bit of jousting with some smart arses to kill the time 
    Yeah, I guess you're right, Doucher.

I blame Bowyer, Cawley, WIWALB and you, of course. :smile:
    All just a bit of impatient, bad tempered bitching until the missus is telling us all to get the f... off Charlton Life and wash up. 

We need this takeover, like now! 

• Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Get the petty sniping on here.

Let it go, folks ...... New Year, new hopes.
    We're all on the same side, remember.

We’re all trying to get through a dull day recovering on the settee oggy - can’t beat a bit of jousting with some smart arses to kill the time 
    Yeah, I guess you're right, Doucher.

I blame Bowyer, Cawley, WIWALB and you, of course. :smile:
    All just a bit of impatient, bad tempered bitching until the missus is telling us all to get the f... off Charlton Life and wash up. 

We need this takeover, like now! 

I can’t accept the blame for anything, I’m perfect 😂😂
  • Sage said:

Think there will be at least a couple of permanent deals this month. I also think that by the 10th we will have got in at least 2 players, hopefully 3.

I also am confident that the takeover will be confirmed by the end of this week.

Let’s cut the squabbling, the negativity, and enjoy the new year with some positive things happening very soon. 
    You are a wise young Sage.

• thanks Sage, LittleBoy and Doucher for your information and comments - appreciated
  • Sage said:
    sam3110 said:
    Sage said:

To give further insight. Have heard 3 separate names today from 3 different people, it can be like that sometimes. Frustrating for me as much as anyone else. But being completely honest, I don’t know which of them is the loan signing. I bloody hope one of them is! I got a text to say won’t be announced tonight, so checked on here and twitter and saw Cawley said tomorrow morning. Been in further exchange since and around 10am seems the ‘apparent time’. But it is done.

So on the slight topic, I know we need to cut the negativity because things are now very much in hand.

Ask yourselves, how much do you trust Gallen? The answer to that should be enough to settle your nerves and some. 
    Meaning not a great signing? Really appreciate the straight forward info. 
  • Sage said:
    sam3110 said:
    Sage said:

To give further insight. Have heard 3 separate names today from 3 different people, it can be like that sometimes. Frustrating for me as much as anyone else. But being completely honest, I don’t know which of them is the loan signing. I bloody hope one of them is! I got a text to say won’t be announced tonight, so checked on here and twitter and saw Cawley said tomorrow morning. Been in further exchange since and around 10am seems the ‘apparent time’. But it is done.

So on the slight topic, I know we need to cut the negativity because things are now very much in hand.

Ask yourselves, how much do you trust Gallen? The answer to that should be enough to settle your nerves and some. 
    Or are they a good signing and we're getting them in for the longest possible amount of time?
  • Sponsored links:

• A Londoner who captains his team

It's Harry Kane

Would fit in well as he got an injury today..hamstring!!
  • De Sage said:
    Sage said:
    sam3110 said:
    Sage said:

No, meaning I would be even more annoyed if it wasn’t any of the 3 I’ve had mentioned to me.

After having been told 3 different names from different people today, all of whom have provided me with solid information in the past, I’d be questioning them as to where they got the names from. I’m already wondering because at least two of them are wrong, for the time being.

What I mean is, I’ve heard 3 different names, all of whom would be a good addition to the team. I just hope that the loan signing is one of them, because it looks foolish on everyone’s part if it’s not.

Completely understand how my insights can frustrate, and I do apologise, because I’m frustrated too because it would be different if it were 2 names, with two people saying one, and another the other, but today hasn’t been that way. I have reason to trust each of them. But at least two will be wrong and maybe I will not put as much faith in them in future if they’re a way off. Unfortunately, other than literally passing on every bit of information I have, I can’t say anything else.

Let’s just be positive, because all I’ve heard today is good things. As mentioned in previous post, how much do you trust Gallen? Now answer, sit back and relax. Things are very much in hand.
    Sounds good, just to clarify- I didn’t mean that in a negative way at all, just wondered what exactly you meant by that line. Genuinely appreciate your posts along with the others today. Most positive I’ve felt about Charlton for a long time. 
  •  i think the consensus a few weeks back was that if all current players were retained and become fully fit, then the first obvious permanent addition should be a commanding aerially dominant centre half - gleaning what i can from this thread today it looks as though that is the case and looks to be good from what i can tell - assuming that all posters are genuine and not attention seekers - of course!!!! the 2 more immediate loans i guess will help address the more short term striker and midfield crisis - brewster from liverpool my guess for tomorrow's signing but could be completely wrong and another midfield one to follow possibly
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    sam3110 said:
    Sage said:

No, meaning I would be even more annoyed if it wasn’t any of the 3 I’ve had mentioned to me.

After having been told 3 different names from different people today, all of whom have provided me with solid information in the past, I’d be questioning them as to where they got the names from. I’m already wondering because at least two of them are wrong, for the time being.

What I mean is, I’ve heard 3 different names, all of whom would be a good addition to the team. I just hope that the loan signing is one of them, because it looks foolish on everyone’s part if it’s not.

Completely understand how my insights can frustrate, and I do apologise, because I’m frustrated too because it would be different if it were 2 names, with two people saying one, and another the other, but today hasn’t been that way. I have reason to trust each of them. But at least two will be wrong and maybe I will not put as much faith in them in future if they’re a way off. Unfortunately, other than literally passing on every bit of information I have, I can’t say anything else.

Let’s just be positive, because all I’ve heard today is good things. As mentioned in previous post, how much do you trust Gallen? Now answer, sit back and relax. Things are very much in hand.
    the new Red Henry or Red Herring ?
  • nketieh left leeds now - could it be him tomorrow?? doubt it but possible 
  • DOUCHER said:
    nketieh left leeds now - could it be him tomorrow?? doubt it but possible 
    He played for Leeds today so it would be very strange.
  • DOUCHER said:
    not for me .. priority should be defence and midfield
  • DOUCHER said:
    i know - very doubtful but possible i guess    
  • WhenIwasLittleboy - in your opinion a good signing for the club? 
    Yes
    Can you tell us the players name to see if we agree with you or not please mate? 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    means Leeds are bringing in a better player
  • If it’s a done deal why do we all have to wait until tomorrow morning for an announcement?
    The comms staff are on holiday. 
    Today is a public holiday and it is unlikely that the EFL offices are open.

The club have submitted the documentation (hopefully by 1200 so he can be involved tomorrow).

Confirmation from EFL in the morning and then announced.
  • Leeds trying to get Che Adams in to replace Nketiah. Any chance of hijacking that?
  • DOUCHER said:
    not for me .. priority should be defence and midfield
    Tricky one as the defence needs bolstering but it’s the one area where injuries haven’t really affected us. I agree we need one quality defender at least but other areas are more important in the short term. 
  • Agreed, hoping for a striker on loan tomorrow, followed by a CM within a few days and we can build from there.
  • edited January 2020
  • Dwight Gayle as the forward on loan? Complete guess but don’t get much better than him at this level. 
    Would be a quality signing, 23 in 39 at this level last season. Have a feeling there would be a fair few better placed teams ahead of us though.