Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• If it’s a done deal why do we all have to wait until tomorrow morning for an announcement?
  • If it’s a done deal why do we all have to wait until tomorrow morning for an announcement?
    Courtesy to the other club perhaps.

Suspect the players agent/partner/friend will leak it before then anyway.
    So Swansea do not have time to get a game plan together.

It does mean that someone at the EFL was in work today.
  • Redrobo said:
    If it’s a done deal why do we all have to wait until tomorrow morning for an announcement?

Tea lady signed it off.
  • Redrobo said:
    If it’s a done deal why do we all have to wait until tomorrow morning for an announcement?

Tea lady signed it off.
    Can we slip her the buy out forms?
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    As I mentioned personally I don't care if someone gives a name, a hint or nothing at all. I rarely read the transfer rumour threads on this forum, and only dipped in today as recovering from New Years celebrations and have nothing better to do. 

I can however imagine that giving vague clues and then hiding behind the veil that releasing the exact information would somehow potentially cause the transfer to fall through would irk other posters. That is playground level shenanigans. 
    in your opinion, which you are entitled to, but is wrong
    Okay as I asked in an earlier post, could you please tell me how it could 

WhenIwasLittleBoy said:
    As I mentioned personally I don't care if someone gives a name, a hint or nothing at all. I rarely read the transfer rumour threads on this forum, and only dipped in today as recovering from New Years celebrations and have nothing better to do. 

I can however imagine that giving vague clues and then hiding behind the veil that releasing the exact information would somehow potentially cause the transfer to fall through would irk other posters. That is playground level shenanigans. 
    Have a day off. If someone who is close to the deal gives you information and then you go shouting the name do you think that that person will trust you again.?
    Okay, so why did you not just say that originally? 

both answers the same - if you have been asked not to pass the name on its most likely because 1) somebody else might swoop in last minute - yes, may seem laughable to you but posting it on here isn't going to help with that or 2) may give swansea some information about our squad tomorrow. The main thing is though that if the info has come from somebody who has asked you don't pass it on, you don't - apart from that, cawley is supposed to be the local scoop and think how he looks when he keeps issuing days old information!!!    
    Thank you for answering my questions, I am always happy to debate, and I of course have some counter points to your response. 

1) Yes I am afraid I do find that to be ludicrous. The idea that the name of a potential transfer target being unknown to other teams vast scouting networks, until it has been mentioned on specific football teams forum seems entirely unfeasible to me. A players agent would be touting his client to a variety of contacts to assist in getting the best possible deal for him.

Furthermore if a rival team had no idea that 'Player A' was for sale, and then someone mentioned we were close to signing 'Player A' on a relatively small football forum thread where hundred of players names are mentioned. I literally don't see how 'Player As' name filters back to the appropriate people, unless you either think that rival teams scouts read rival teams transfer forum rumour threads, or that a journalist does that same and is going to publish that unsubstantiated rumour somewhere.

2) I can actually get behind this a bit more. Whether it helps in a game or not, teams increasingly do use technology and data to scout opposition teams and come up with effective plans against them. However following on from the second part of my first point, I just don't see how the name of that player if it was posted on this forum would become public knowledge beyond those who read this thread. 
    does it matter? its the assertion that if full details aren't given that somebody is automatically down as an attention seeker that is wrong - the cryptic stuff as bellend croydon puts it - is a result of the likes of him 
    It does matter. My original point at the beginning was never about the poster being an attention seeker but was about as I will quote now:

'You posting the name of whoever it is your heard we are signing will literally have 0% impact on any potential transfer'

This is what I wanted to have a discussion around, and in what the original poster backtracked on then accused me of 'acting like royalty' because I called him out on it. 

You eventually gave me a response to which I appreciated and then gave what I thought to be a decent counter response, but now you've just reverted back to being your normal defensive self. 
    Let's get to the nuts and bolts of it. Because someone doesnt give you the answer that you demand you make silly comments. "Call them out" or accuse them of talking "gas" when In reality you have no evidence to suggest that what someone is posting is "gas" simply because they dont respond in the way that you want them to or give the answer immediately. 
    What comment have I made that is silly?

Someone asked you why you won't reveal the name of the transfer target you know. You said you couldn't give it because it could damage the potential transfer.

I think that this is incorrect, and have said as much, and even given reasons to why I think it is. Since then you backtracked on what you said, and stated the reason you didn't give the name was because your source wouldn't trust you anymore.

All I said was why didn't you say that originally and since then you've resorted to saying 'I think I am royality'. Yes I made a combatative response to that post, but that was only in reaction to what you said. 

I never once accussed you of not knowing the name of the player we may sign, or reverted to calling you an attention seeker or billy big bollox or all the other stuff other posters have said. I was responding to something that I thought was incorrect and tried to do it in a none derogatory way. 
    Save your breath. If you dare to challenge Doucher or one of his cronies the toys come flying out of the pram. Most thin-skinned bloke on here. 
    The comms staff are on holiday. 
    The comms staff are on holiday. 
    Scarfy is a bit worse for wear after NYE so it's delayed until tomorrow 
    Because it’s a bank holiday and the non playing staff at the club are not working today?
  • I’m guessing it’s for a nice Valley photo shoot.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Can't wait to find out who the loan signing is tomorrow ..... and reading that 20 posters are "underwhelmed". :smile:
    One of whom will no doubt be WhenIwasLittleBoy
  • Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

WhenIwasLittleBoy said:

Have a day off. If someone who is close to the deal gives you information and then you go shouting the name do you think that that person will trust you again.?

both answers the same - if you have been asked not to pass the name on its most likely because 1) somebody else might swoop in last minute - yes, may seem laughable to you but posting it on here isn't going to help with that or 2) may give swansea some information about our squad tomorrow. The main thing is though that if the info has come from somebody who has asked you don't pass it on, you don't - apart from that, cawley is supposed to be the local scoop and think how he looks when he keeps issuing days old information!!!    
    Thank you for answering my questions, I am always happy to debate, and I of course have some counter points to your response. 

1) Yes I am afraid I do find that to be ludicrous. The idea that the name of a potential transfer target being unknown to other teams vast scouting networks, until it has been mentioned on specific football teams forum seems entirely unfeasible to me. A players agent would be touting his client to a variety of contacts to assist in getting the best possible deal for him.

Furthermore if a rival team had no idea that 'Player A' was for sale, and then someone mentioned we were close to signing 'Player A' on a relatively small football forum thread where hundred of players names are mentioned. I literally don't see how 'Player As' name filters back to the appropriate people, unless you either think that rival teams scouts read rival teams transfer forum rumour threads, or that a journalist does that same and is going to publish that unsubstantiated rumour somewhere.

2) I can actually get behind this a bit more. Whether it helps in a game or not, teams increasingly do use technology and data to scout opposition teams and come up with effective plans against them. However following on from the second part of my first point, I just don't see how the name of that player if it was posted on this forum would become public knowledge beyond those who read this thread. 
    does it matter? its the assertion that if full details aren't given that somebody is automatically down as an attention seeker that is wrong - the cryptic stuff as bellend croydon puts it - is a result of the likes of him 
    It does matter. My original point at the beginning was never about the poster being an attention seeker but was about as I will quote now:

'You posting the name of whoever it is your heard we are signing will literally have 0% impact on any potential transfer'

This is what I wanted to have a discussion around, and in what the original poster backtracked on then accused me of 'acting like royalty' because I called him out on it. 

You eventually gave me a response to which I appreciated and then gave what I thought to be a decent counter response, but now you've just reverted back to being your normal defensive self. 
    Let's get to the nuts and bolts of it. Because someone doesnt give you the answer that you demand you make silly comments. "Call them out" or accuse them of talking "gas" when In reality you have no evidence to suggest that what someone is posting is "gas" simply because they dont respond in the way that you want them to or give the answer immediately. 

Someone asked you why you won't reveal the name of the transfer target you know. You said you couldn't give it because it could damage the potential transfer.

I think that this is incorrect, and have said as much, and even given reasons to why I think it is. Since then you backtracked on what you said, and stated the reason you didn't give the name was because your source wouldn't trust you anymore.

All I said was why didn't you say that originally and since then you've resorted to saying 'I think I am royality'. Yes I made a combatative response to that post, but that was only in reaction to what you said. 

I never once accussed you of not knowing the name of the player we may sign, or reverted to calling you an attention seeker or billy big bollox or all the other stuff other posters have said. I was responding to something that I thought was incorrect and tried to do it in a none derogatory way. 
    Save your breath. If you dare to challenge Doucher or one of his cronies the toys come flying out of the pram. Most thin-skinned bloke on here. 
    Insult all u like - just expect some back - and who r my cronies on here? That will be interesting to see 
  • Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    He’s talking about Jake Livermore, Ben Watson or Curtis Davies if we’re going strictly off who was the designated captain in each team’s last match.

Trust me I went through all 23 teams because I’m sad.
    Neither of them three. Please feel free to continue with he is talking shit comments. But putting his name in open could potentially damage a deal. However maybe it is best that with the information provided it's not put out there.
    You posting the name of whoever it is your heard we are signing will literally have 0% impact on any potential transfer. 
    how do you know? the bloke has given the board some information and has probably been told not to say who it is - would u sooner he'd said nothing?
    Yes, don't say anything at all. This constant need for grown adults to appear in the know and more knowledgeable than each other on an internet forum is fucking pathetic. We got enough of this 'I know something you don't know' bollocks on the takeover thread, grow up. 
    really? - so somebody who knows something posts what he can for the benefit of fellow supporters yet there are pricks out there who rhink ge is doing it to look big - i think its the twats who think that that cause the whole having to prove your not making it up shit and will also be the pricks who stop this message board from having posters who are prepared to pass useful information - take a look at yourself 
    It's all the cryptic nonsense you wetwipe. You're part of the problem. But posting shite like 'new signing today, can't say who' is just attention seeking.

again, in your opinion, which is wrong - prat
    I look forward to your next insightful takeover update. 
    I bet you do 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Can't wait to find out who the loan signing is tomorrow ..... and reading that 20 posters are "underwhelmed". :smile:
    Dont think its the same player mentioned by him

He says its a perm transfer, this appears to be a loan
  • Oggy Red said:
    Why would I? Mine isn't a loan deal.,that's a bit awkward. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

WhenIwasLittleBoy said:

So who has called.me Billy Big Bollox ?
  • Oggy Red said:
    Why would I? Mine isn't a loan deal.,that's a bit awkward. 
    Only joking!
  • Taking the player 15 hours via train and with a hospital boot on to arrive for his photo. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Get the petty sniping on here.

Let it go, folks ...... New Year, new hopes.
    We're all on the same side, remember.

We’re all trying to get through a dull day recovering on the settee oggy - can’t beat a bit of jousting with some smart arses to kill the time 
  • WhenIwasLittleboy - in your opinion a good signing for the club?