Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Dizzle said:
    RedJohn said:
    Im no doubt missing something here, but I thought Bowyer said he was hoping to sign a Premier League Player on loan today, so why is everyone coming up with Championship players since @WhenIwasLittleBoy said they knew who it was?
    This is a permanent signing.
    Is he good enough to start when everyone is fit?
    Yes. Will be an asset. 
    Has he played today? 
    No
    Does he view sprouts as an integral part of Christmas dinner?
  • cfgs said:
    Dizzle said:
    RedJohn said:
    Im no doubt missing something here, but I thought Bowyer said he was hoping to sign a Premier League Player on loan today, so why is everyone coming up with Championship players since @WhenIwasLittleBoy said they knew who it was?
    Yes. Will be an asset. 
    Has he played today? 
    No
    Does he view sprouts as an integral part of Christmas dinner?
    What about gravy?
  • Everyone rates brewster striker from liveprool but ive not been impressed when seen liverpools cup games. Doesnt look ready imo
  • 2121 said:
    Everyone rates brewster striker from liveprool but ive not been impressed when seen liverpools cup games. Doesnt look ready imo
    I know it’s still at youth level but top scorer at U17 WC
  • when it is said that a player is the captain of the team we tend to think it is someone currently good, but then look at who are our  team and club captains, this is not a dig at WIWALB, but just saying 
  • Charlton loan deal is still happening, trust me.

• LouisMend said:
    Louis Mendez tweeted that he asked Murray today if he fancied coming to Charlton.....answer "Nah"
    That was a joke btw. I didn’t do that! 
    It's no good back tracking we know you've got connections with the stripey ones past and present 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    I thought we were getting a loan and a permanent done today 😁
  • It's Livermore in a deal with Taylor Glasgow Rangers are trying to offer more for him.
  • DOUCHER said:
    As I mentioned personally I don't care if someone gives a name, a hint or nothing at all. I rarely read the transfer rumour threads on this forum, and only dipped in today as recovering from New Years celebrations and have nothing better to do. 

I can however imagine that giving vague clues and then hiding behind the veil that releasing the exact information would somehow potentially cause the transfer to fall through would irk other posters. That is playground level shenanigans. 
    in your opinion, which you are entitled to, but is wrong
    Okay as I asked in an earlier post, could you please tell me how it could 

WhenIwasLittleBoy said:
    As I mentioned personally I don't care if someone gives a name, a hint or nothing at all. I rarely read the transfer rumour threads on this forum, and only dipped in today as recovering from New Years celebrations and have nothing better to do. 

I can however imagine that giving vague clues and then hiding behind the veil that releasing the exact information would somehow potentially cause the transfer to fall through would irk other posters. That is playground level shenanigans. 
    Have a day off. If someone who is close to the deal gives you information and then you go shouting the name do you think that that person will trust you again.?
    Okay, so why did you not just say that originally? 

What are you royalty? 
  • Hopefully we can hold on to him.
  • What Lyle Taylor?
  • DOUCHER said:

WhenIwasLittleBoy said:

Have a day off. If someone who is close to the deal gives you information and then you go shouting the name do you think that that person will trust you again.?

What are you royalty? 
    Nope, just someone who likes to call people out for chatting gas. 
  • Are ESI really parting with £50m to buy the club and in their first act sell the top striker? 
  • LouisMend said:
    Louis Mendez tweeted that he asked Murray today if he fancied coming to Charlton.....answer "Nah"
    That was a joke btw. I didn’t do that! 
    Well @LouisMend, you bloody got me, hook line and sinker. I really should stay away from social media!!
  • DOUCHER said:

WhenIwasLittleBoy said:

both answers the same - if you have been asked not to pass the name on its most likely because 1) somebody else might swoop in last minute - yes, may seem laughable to you but posting it on here isn't going to help with that or 2) may give swansea some information about our squad tomorrow. The main thing is though that if the info has come from somebody who has asked you don't pass it on, you don't - apart from that, cawley is supposed to be the local scoop and think how he looks when he keeps issuing days old information!!!    
  • DOUCHER said:

WhenIwasLittleBoy said:

What are you royalty? 
    Nope, just someone who likes to call people out for chatting gas. "

Gas? Jesus I have heard it all now
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    He’s talking about Jake Livermore, Ben Watson or Curtis Davies if we’re going strictly off who was the designated captain in each team’s last match.

Trust me I went through all 23 teams because I’m sad.
    Neither of them three. Please feel free to continue with he is talking shit comments. But putting his name in open could potentially damage a deal. However maybe it is best that with the information provided it's not put out there.
    You posting the name of whoever it is your heard we are signing will literally have 0% impact on any potential transfer. 
    how do you know? the bloke has given the board some information and has probably been told not to say who it is - would u sooner he'd said nothing?
    I don't care if he gives or does not give information. All I am saying is that if he posted the name of someone we are potentially linked with on this forum, it will have 0% impact on us signing or not signing that person.

I am happy to hear a scenario as to why the posting of a name on here could potentially damage any deal.

Millwall scouts are on here and might hijack the super top secret deal.
    They are "Banged up" until 6.00pm. Then 20 minutes exercise before lights out. ;)
  • Are ESI really parting with £50m to buy the club and in their first act sell the top striker? 
    Depends what the striker wants to do not ESI in this instance 
  • All those sprouts I expect.
  • edited January 2020
    It's Livermore in a deal with Taylor Glasgow Rangers are trying to offer more for him.
    If I turn up at the Liberty tomorrow and we've got rid of our only striker, I'll be asking for a refund!
  • Louis Mendez tweeted that he asked Murray today if he fancied coming to Charlton.....answer "Nah"

palice ****!
    @LouisMend is Chelsea or Brighton, for today at least. ;)

• It's Livermore in a deal with Taylor Glasgow Rangers are trying to offer more for him.
    If I turn up at the Liberty tomorrow and we've got rid of our only striker, I'll be asking for a refund!
    I think swansea won’t care so you’d be better waiting till you get back to charlton 
  • RedJohn said:
    Yes. Will be an asset. 
    To the treatment room 😂😂😉
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

WhenIwasLittleBoy said:

both answers the same - if you have been asked not to pass the name on its most likely because 1) somebody else might swoop in last minute - yes, may seem laughable to you but posting it on here isn't going to help with that or 2) may give swansea some information about our squad tomorrow. The main thing is though that if the info has come from somebody who has asked you don't pass it on, you don't - apart from that, cawley is supposed to be the local scoop and think how he looks when he keeps issuing days old information!!!    
    Thank you for answering my questions, I am always happy to debate, and I of course have some counter points to your response. 

1) Yes I am afraid I do find that to be ludicrous. The idea that the name of a potential transfer target being unknown to other teams vast scouting networks, until it has been mentioned on specific football teams forum seems entirely unfeasible to me. A players agent would be touting his client to a variety of contacts to assist in getting the best possible deal for him.

Furthermore if a rival team had no idea that 'Player A' was for sale, and then someone mentioned we were close to signing 'Player A' on a relatively small football forum thread where hundred of players names are mentioned. I literally don't see how 'Player As' name filters back to the appropriate people, unless you either think that rival teams scouts read rival teams transfer forum rumour threads, or that a journalist does that same and is going to publish that unsubstantiated rumour somewhere.

2) I can actually get behind this a bit more. Whether it helps in a game or not, teams increasingly do use technology and data to scout opposition teams and come up with effective plans against them. However following on from the second part of my first point, I just don't see how the name of that player if it was posted on this forum would become public knowledge beyond those who read this thread. 
  • Wilfred Bonny is looking for a way back. It wouldn't surprise me if he joined.