Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• You just gave me a heart attack. 
    I gave myself one first
  • We need

ST 
    CM 
    CB
    LB
  • How about Rojo Man Utd LB and LCB 
    Not a chance. I want us to show a bit of ambition but paying a shed load of wages on someone like Rojo would be a massive mistake. Would rather the return of our RoJo...
    Steady on now 
  • LCB, LB, CF

Is what we need if you include the current recovering squad.

Nah I think we need more than 1 body across both positions, Shaw and Lindelof?
  • LCB, LB, CF

Is what we need if you include the current recovering squad.
    Yeah and a CM. I know we will have Cullen and Field but we need a bit of quality to replace what we thought we were getting anyway with Kayal. Another two on loan and 2 perms would be fine. We don't need to go mental to stay up. 
  • Has Kayal gone back yet? Or is he still with us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Has Kayal gone back yet? Or is he still with us?
    Still with us I think, but I expect it to be official cancelled within the next week. 
  • After a striker CM has to be our priority as we are so short of numbers there. Yes we want to add quality in defense but we have numbers if worst comes to worst.
  • We should be looking for a statement signing really to put a clear marker in that we are not a club in trouble any more. I'm not looking for a Robinho but a Cullen-esque signing would be just the ticket.

Andre Green, as much as we needed someone asap and especially someone who can dribble with the ball to turn the phase of play, is not quite that. I think ESI were probably conscious of that too and that's why they sneaked the loan announcement through before the takeover as clearly they could have done a dual announcement. 
  • Let's hope having esi in charge is like having the editor option on football manager 😁😂 

Lb
    Lcb
    Cm
    St 

All a must on top of securing cullen on a perm in an ideal world
  • Paddy7 said:
    Not sure why we need  a "statement" signing. Surely well-researched players with the quality and fitness to see us safely through to May are the priority, whether we've heard of them or not.
    We badly need one for morale. It's been a tough time on Charlton life recently.
  • Need Taylor to sign long term deal. That would fantastic. 
  • Paddy7 said:
    Not sure why we need  a "statement" signing. Surely well-researched players with the quality and fitness to see us safely through to May are the priority, whether we've heard of them or not.

"Need" might be overstatement but in terms of morale, and appeal to potential signings and sponsors going forward it would certainly be welcome. A gesture of ambition and hope, as well as making clear there are long term plans beyond just survival this season.
  •  Think we could get Erickson too maybe. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Paddy7 said:
    We badly need one for morale. It's been a tough time on Charlton life recently.
    Ivan Toney would be the one for me. Him and Taylor on a long term deal , we would be electric.

• IT_Andy said:
    Need Taylor to sign long term deal. That would fantastic. 
    Not happening 
  • J BLOCK said:
    IT_Andy said:
    Not happening 
    If you are referring to the signing for Rangers rumour the Twitter account was fake that reported it.
  • J BLOCK said:
    IT_Andy said:
    Not happening 
    If you are referring to the signing for Rangers rumour the Twitter account was fake that reported it.
    Nope I’m referring to a text I received this afternoon from a pal who works for the club 
  • J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    IT_Andy said:
    Not happening 
    Nope I’m referring to a text I received this afternoon from a pal who works for the club 
    Interesting?
  • There we are. He *was* waving after the Bristol City game!
  • If ESI have been calling the shots for a while, you might think Taylor would have signed by now if he was ever going to.
  • Ah well, let him go then. Obviously wants a "pay day" and no longer wants to play for us.
  • The thing is, if he wants to go he should be able to do so. I’m not happy about it at all, but you have to let him leave if he’s not committed. All we can hope is that there’s a suitable replacement lined up by the club, and that they hit the ground running / stay injury free in order to keep us in the division. I’d like to think that the new owners have taken this outcome into consideration.