Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• In a relegation dogfight now. A talented But raw arthritic 21 year old plus a midfielder from Barnsley and a PL loan doesn’t smack of loaded owners to me given the current plight.
  • We need a big strong ugly striker who ain’t worried about his hair or image 
  • In a relegation dogfight now. A talented But raw arthritic 21 year old plus a midfielder from Barnsley and a PL loan doesn’t smack of loaded owners to me given the current plight.
    It's also about players wanting to want to come and play for us.   Can't force them......
  • edited January 2020
    In a relegation dogfight now. A talented But raw arthritic 21 year old plus a midfielder from Barnsley and a PL loan doesn’t smack of loaded owners to me given the current plight.
    Not even 24 hours into their ownership and somebody is already digging them out.  

Edit: Beaten to it. But just to add further, this is not football manager and the transfer business, especially at our level is much more complex then just throwing money at players. Let Bowyer and Gallen do their work, although I imagine the budget they are working with is far superior to what we had under RD it is just a shame it is in the January transfer window. Plus remember the players we have coming back.
    8hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus, give the new owners a chance to create user names and email addresses to connect to the server before you write them off. 

They probably don’t know where the tea and coffee are kept yet. 

Take a deep breath, give them time to settle in and actually sign players first
    You have a point but Bowyer has said he expects 3 players. Green is one. A midfielder from Barnsley is our cash target and a PL striker loan. That won’t keep us up.
    8hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus, give the new owners a chance to create user names and email addresses to connect to the server before you write them off. 

Yup
  • Need at least six players in this window if you ask me. We could lose two 
  • Sponsored links:

Because our list of targets only includes those named in this thread...

You have a point but Bowyer has said he expects 3 players. Green is one. A midfielder from Barnsley is our cash target and a PL striker loan. That won’t keep us up.
    He said at least 3.
  • My glass is mostly half full but I predict we will go into the bottom three at some point. I really hope all you optimistic posters are right that we avoid relegation but it’s going to be tight I reckon.
    Imagine that performance with Williams taking players on and Cullen spraying the ball around

Then you've got the pace of Green and hopefully Taylor getting fitter and returning to his Championship level best

Of course its only a dream at the moment what with the injuries but for me its the sign we can get out of this

No, the players coming back from injury will
    But we had two players coming back from injury a few weeks ago.  They got re injured in training. 
  • SHG Green was pretty shit 1st time round.
  • No fit strikers at the club now. We need to get in two at least. Not kids but if the owners are serious then pay some substantial fees. 
  • My glass is mostly half full but I predict we will go into the bottom three at some point. I really hope all you optimistic posters are right that we avoid relegation but it’s going to be tight I reckon.
    Imagine that performance with Williams taking players on and Cullen spraying the ball around

Then you've got the pace of Green and hopefully Taylor getting fitter and returning to his Championship level best

Of course its only a dream at the moment what with the injuries but for me its the sign we can get out of this
    This! If we had played our recent run of games starting from Millwall away with half of the players we have out injured we would not be anywhere near where we are! Fact! People need to chill! We will get back to how we were!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Melrose said:
    Ah well, let him go then. Obviously wants a "pay day" and no longer wants to play for us.
    It’s how we signed him so can’t complain if it’s how he leaves us
    Can't really argue with that to be fair
  • Cullen is probably 5 weeks away at best. 3 weeks for some of the others. Taylor lost again now for x weeks. Turning this around is not the fore gone conclusion some of you are suggesting. 
    There's a month to strengthen the team.

Players will return ...... they will seem like new signings.

There won't always be 5 raw kids on the park at the same time.

We have the spirit to pull together. There will be other teams in the bottom half that don't.

And 20 games to turn it round. That's almost half a season.

Have faith and positivity. I'm sure Bowyer will.

• Better players than JC out there.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Cullen is probably 5 weeks away at best. 3 weeks for some of the others. Taylor lost again now for x weeks. Turning this around is not the fore gone conclusion some of you are suggesting. 
    There's a month to strengthen the team.

Players will return ...... they will seem like new signings.

There won't always be 5 raw kids on the park at the same time.

We have the spirit to pull together. There will be other teams in the bottom half that don't.

And 20 games to turn it round. That's almost half a season.

Have faith and positivity. I'm sure Bowyer will.

But as we have seen with Taylor players come back and then get injured again. Field was ready to return and got injured again, Oztumer came back and got injured again. There’s a pattern here. If people think Green, a CM and another striker will be enough I think they will be sadly mistaken. We don’t know yet what ESI’s plans are but I doubt it includes two or three seasons trying to get out of League One.
  • Who is Green?