Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Not complaining, just realistic. Alwasy thought he was a very good player
  • Melrose said:
    Ah well, let him go then. Obviously wants a "pay day" and no longer wants to play for us.
    It’s how we signed him so can’t complain if it’s how he leaves us
    Not exactly because he did turn down a bigger contract at Sunderland to stay in London and play for us.
  • Taylor has six months on his contract. Probably makes him worth less than Bees offered. Change down back of sofa to Nimer unless SG has a deal afoot. He can't move unless we sell him.
  • Chunes said:
    Melrose said:
    Ah well, let him go then. Obviously wants a "pay day" and no longer wants to play for us.
    Not exactly because he did turn down a bigger contract at Sunderland to stay in London

he let his Wimbledon contract run down to get a better deal elsewhere (us), he is now doing the same to us to getter a better move in the summer.

didnt he have a twitter argument with the Sunderland owner where Lyle claimed our deal was better?
  • Chunes said:
    Melrose said:
    Not exactly because he did turn down a bigger contract at Sunderland to stay in London

he let his Wimbledon contract run down to get a better deal elsewhere (us), he is now doing the same to us to getter a better move in the summer.

didnt he have a twitter argument with the Sunderland owner where Lyle claimed our deal was better?
    I don't know about that. I may be going off of old information.
  • Gonna need some serious firepower in then
  • Alex Mowatt from Barnsley is latest rumour. 
    I’d be surprised if Barnsley sold him though, especially to a relegation rival. 
  • Mowatt-Very surprised Leeds ever let him go
  • Sponsored links:

• Apologies if I'm not up to date on this, but wasn't the contract that Taylor turned down the one that the Rat offered him, which, let's face it was going to be insulting, and not a more attractive one that could potentially be offered by the new owners?
  • Taylor goes ? .. we should all know by now that no player is irreplaceable though it may not seem so at the time .. Killer, Bent, Kermorgant, Mendonca to name a few  .. great strikers we remember with gratitude .. things move on .. IF IF he goes and he is a man of many clubs, we will be able to thank him for what he's done .. then get over it 
  • Sell: Taylor

Buy: Toney 

Simple. 
    They did similar last January selling a player to Luton. 
  • I think that is the strange idea Bow was referring to....

Let him go! I would actually prefer Cauley Woodrow to Ivan Toney, or can I have both?
  • I like the sound of the Mowatt link, he is genuinely quality and has a bit of everything in his game, very much a Bowyer type player. Him and Cullen paired up would be something, speaking hypothetically.

As for Taylor, shame. Toney is the like for like but the Peterborough chairman always does well when it comes to player sales and it's looking like he is being quoted for 9 million now. An insane amount for a player who has never done it in this league. Would love us to do some football manager stuff and take him and Maddison. 
    They did similar last January selling a player to Luton. 
    Barnsley are very weak when it comes to selling players, their fans were going mental over it at the start of this season. Let their main centre back pairing go, one may have been out of contract but Pinnock went on the cheap and now he's doing brilliant for Brentford 
  • Massive month for our new owners. Get it wrong and relegation is a genuine possibility, which would be a disaster for their long term plans.

A big difference to when the spivs took over, as we were able to drift until the summer when Powell could then build a successful squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• They’ve been here six hours and not signed anyone. Rubbish. ESI OUT!
    Come back Roland, all is forgiven. 
    Bring back Roland. At least he knew how to get deals done early in January. 
  • We will make taylor an offer it will be substantial imo he will turn it down and we will rightly release him to the highest bidder 

all charlton fans should thank him for his service and wish him all the best at his new club 

it’s not a big deal 
     I agree. Stock is high and he's no spring chicken.
  • I would rather keep him for the rest of the season and let him go for free. A replacement will need time to settle in, we can’t afford that right now. 
    This won’t be the clubs decision it’s all on Taylor’s shoulders 

you won’t want a disenchanted taylor for this run in he won’t play so I don’t consider the settling in arguments to hold validity 
  • Now we the richest club in the world we may as well raid Peterborough now lol. COYR! 
  • Mowatt playing for Barnsley tonight. 

Notice that Tom Carroll is not in the Swansea 18.