Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:
    People seriously need to chill.

Does anyone honestly think we will be bringing in just two more players, a centre midfielder and another striker? Then to also say about the battle of relegation, and how League One would be a disaster. Sure, it would be horrendous, but it’s not going to happen.

ESI have been trying to run things for at least a week. They’re now in the driving seat, but they’ve only just managed to put their seat belt on and put their foot on the clutch ready for first gear. The engine gets started tomorrow. The real work begins tomorrow. Transfers and discussions with various people will be in motion and they’re going to ensure Bowyer has the tools to steer us to safety.

We have won only 1 game in 14 but are still 5 points and a better goal difference outside the relegation zone. Yes we had a great start and people keep saying we would be bottom without it. Sure, you’re right, but those first 6 games was when we actually had a squad of senior players. The moment the first international break came was the moment things started falling apart for us with injuries. Since we beat Derby 3-0, Williams last game for us, we have picked up 7 points. That not only shows the position the team were in when we actually had a team and squad of players, but also how poor some teams below us are, even with them picking up some decent results themselves lately. But that’s going to happen.

As I said yesterday, let’s cut the squabbling and negativity because things are now very much in hand. Let’s look at the bigger picture and know we have almost half our squad of players still to come back from injury as well as others who will be joining, and more than just two more. These young kids have been a credit to themselves and the club. They’ve kept us competitive and we have never been completely out of a game in all this time. Now it’s time that they’re going to get some help. So let’s get behind them and trust the work that will be going ahead.

I’ve heard some good snippets over the last couple of days. It’s important we leave the negativity behind and move forward together. We will be okay this season. 
    Great post. 

I'm confident that if we'd kept 80-90% of our squad fit then we'd be up there in the top 6. Especially when you see Millwall up there.

People need to be realistic, yes we have money, but we're not going to go out and buy 7-8 players in this window as when the original players return we'll have far too many. If we can sign a striker, centre mid, centre back and left back and get the likes of Williams, Bonne, Hemed, Cullen, Oztumer and Field back fit then we're going to be ok.
    Field is out injured for the season 
    If that's the case about Sam Field then that's a massive shame for us because I thought he was pretty decent.
    So why don't we do what we have done with Leko and give him back to West Brom then that opens up another possible loan move opportunity for another player to bring in?

i believe we have
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:
    People seriously need to chill.

Does anyone honestly think we will be bringing in just two more players, a centre midfielder and another striker? Then to also say about the battle of relegation, and how League One would be a disaster. Sure, it would be horrendous, but it’s not going to happen.

ESI have been trying to run things for at least a week. They’re now in the driving seat, but they’ve only just managed to put their seat belt on and put their foot on the clutch ready for first gear. The engine gets started tomorrow. The real work begins tomorrow. Transfers and discussions with various people will be in motion and they’re going to ensure Bowyer has the tools to steer us to safety.

We have won only 1 game in 14 but are still 5 points and a better goal difference outside the relegation zone. Yes we had a great start and people keep saying we would be bottom without it. Sure, you’re right, but those first 6 games was when we actually had a squad of senior players. The moment the first international break came was the moment things started falling apart for us with injuries. Since we beat Derby 3-0, Williams last game for us, we have picked up 7 points. That not only shows the position the team were in when we actually had a team and squad of players, but also how poor some teams below us are, even with them picking up some decent results themselves lately. But that’s going to happen.

As I said yesterday, let’s cut the squabbling and negativity because things are now very much in hand. Let’s look at the bigger picture and know we have almost half our squad of players still to come back from injury as well as others who will be joining, and more than just two more. These young kids have been a credit to themselves and the club. They’ve kept us competitive and we have never been completely out of a game in all this time. Now it’s time that they’re going to get some help. So let’s get behind them and trust the work that will be going ahead.

I’ve heard some good snippets over the last couple of days. It’s important we leave the negativity behind and move forward together. We will be okay this season. 
    Great post. 

I'm confident that if we'd kept 80-90% of our squad fit then we'd be up there in the top 6. Especially when you see Millwall up there.

People need to be realistic, yes we have money, but we're not going to go out and buy 7-8 players in this window as when the original players return we'll have far too many. If we can sign a striker, centre mid, centre back and left back and get the likes of Williams, Bonne, Hemed, Cullen, Oztumer and Field back fit then we're going to be ok.
    Field is out injured for the season 
    If that's the case about Sam Field then that's a massive shame for us because I thought he was pretty decent.
    So why don't we do what we have done with Leko and give him back to West Brom then that opens up another possible loan move opportunity for another player to bring in?

i believe we have
    Would have thought we would have heard something about it had that happened? Unless I’ve missed something
  • Couple of signings for other sides today.

Boro signed Patrick Roberts on loan from Man City and Lukas Nmecha. Roberts will be good for them I think, I don't know anything about the other lad.

Wigan set to sign Kieran Dowell on loan from Everton after he was recalled from Derby. 

• Lots of recalls it seems, which could work in our favour as we are so depleted we can guarantee game time.
  • Club's want their loan players to get game time but they also want them to play in a certain manner and to have experienced pro's around them to help guide them and take some of the pressure off their shoulders. If you look at at our current situation dispassionately we're not that great a draw right now.
  • Herbie Kane gone to Hull 
  • I think if Arsenal have any sense they'll look at what happened with Nketiah at Leeds and realise that it's not about the quality of the team the player goes to, it's the quality of the devleopment. We rejuvenated Coquelin into a first team Premier League player, developed Bielik into a saleable asset and even made Mavididi look like a footballer. Add to that the progress Cullen, Dasilva and Gallagher have made amongst others you'd be a bit daft to send your developing players anywhere else at the moment. Leko was also developing nicely before his injury cut short his season. Arsenal don't need Nketiah to be part of a promotion push or win the Championship, they need him to be an appreciably better player than he was when he left, as a result of first team football and good coaching. That happens at Charlton, it's proven.
    We made Arsenal a nice profit with Bielik, that season with us would have stuck several million onto his price tag!

• I think if Arsenal have any sense they'll look at what happened with Nketiah at Leeds and realise that it's not about the quality of the team the player goes to, it's the quality of the devleopment. We rejuvenated Coquelin into a first team Premier League player, developed Bielik into a saleable asset and even made Mavididi look like a footballer. Add to that the progress Cullen, Dasilva and Gallagher have made amongst others you'd be a bit daft to send your developing players anywhere else at the moment. Leko was also developing nicely before his injury cut short his season. Arsenal don't need Nketiah to be part of a promotion push or win the Championship, they need him to be an appreciably better player than he was when he left, as a result of first team football and good coaching. That happens at Charlton, it's proven.
    We made Arsenal a nice profit with Bielik, that season with us would have stuck several million onto his price tag!

Yeah......like £10m. If he hadn't have been loaned out (to us or another other top League 1 side) then I expect he'd still be in the Arsenal reserves.
  • Club's want their loan players to get game time but they also want them to play in a certain manner and to have experienced pro's around them to help guide them and take some of the pressure off their shoulders. If you look at at our current situation dispassionately we're not that great a draw right now.
    Learning from Bowyer and Jacko is good for any young CM
  • Sponsored links:

• Dannoo_86 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Everton fan at work - Apparently they're sniffing around Doughty...

Leave our wingers alone you broke the last one you stole from us you scouse wonkers. 

This is becoming a joke can none of these 'big clubs' produce there own talent!

Our kids only play a few games and they are onto them straight away now.

Don't worry mate, in a couple of years time when we're in the premier league with all our money, it'll be us going after young players from the championship.
  • Brentford looking to bring in a forward and Chelsea not moving Connor Gallagher it just said on Sky 
  • Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but on Standard website it says Chelsea have told Charlton that on-loan midfielder Conor Gallagher will finish the season at The Valley, despite interest in him from Burnley. 

Aha just seen it on the takeover thread, I thought I was ITK !!!!!!! :smiley:  
    You should be applauded for posting it in the correct thread.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Club's want their loan players to get game time but they also want them to play in a certain manner and to have experienced pro's around them to help guide them and take some of the pressure off their shoulders. If you look at at our current situation dispassionately we're not that great a draw right now.
    Learning from Bowyer and Jacko is good for any young CM
    I agree but thats not the issue. 
  • I don't think they'll let taylor go unless they have a replacement lined up they must have been looking for the past few months. 

Need to also start thinking about next season now and life without gallagher 
  • Does anyone know why Lookman has only played 3 games this season for RB Leipzig?

Injured or just not fancied (or is Wikipedia wrong?)?
  • Does anyone know why Lookman has only played 3 games this season for RB Leipzig?

Injured or just not fancied (or is Wikipedia wrong?)?
    Leipzig have been in good form this season, top of the league, maybe the manager doesn't like changing the side unneccesarily?
  • Hopefully Chelsea recall Ethan Ampadu and loan him to us instead
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    sammy391 said:
    Post on Facebook that possibility of Andy Carroll being looked at - his missus wants to be back down south
    Injury prone, played only 12 times in the league for the whole of 2019, in the latter part of his career... Perfect Roland esque signing. 
  • sammy391 said:
    Post on Facebook that possibility of Andy Carroll being looked at - his missus wants to be back down south
    seriously … love to have clumsy Andy in our attack .. provided he was paid on a per game basis, he wouldn't cost us much
  • sammy391 said:
    No room on the treatment table in SE7.
  • We will make taylor an offer it will be substantial imo he will turn it down and we will rightly release him to the highest bidder 

all charlton fans should thank him for his service and wish him all the best at his new club 

it’s not a big deal 

One factor is whether Brentford still want him. I'm sure a decent offer from us will be taken seriously by him.
  • Andy Carroll more chance of Lewis Caroll and Lewis has a better injury record
  • We will make taylor an offer it will be substantial imo he will turn it down and we will rightly release him to the highest bidder 

all charlton fans should thank him for his service and wish him all the best at his new club 

it’s not a big deal 

One factor is whether Brentford still want him. I'm sure a decent offer from us will be taken seriously by him.
    Word is he has already had a decent offer and isn't interested. Thinks he can get more elsewhere.
  • Dizzle said:
    can we still include all the players that aren’t at the club in our injury list 
    mendonca , hunt , Rufus to be added to it 
    Quite upset that you didn’t put Gibbs
    I don’t think Gibbs ever came of the injury list, so we don’t need to add him. 
  • Andy Carroll has ackworth written all over it